PDA

View Full Version : Bird Says Tinsley Is "For Sale"

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Pacers president Larry Bird discussed the team's point guard situation on Tuesday hinting that Jamaal Tinsley is on the trading block, according to Pacers.com.

"I'm not really worried about the point guard situation," he said, "because I know there are some things out there we can do to get a good point guard, maybe two of them."

Bird was obviously hinting at using the #11 pick to draft a point, and the possibility of pulling off a trade to acquire someone like T.J. Ford of the Raptors.

But before moving onto other topics, Bird not-so-subtly placed Tinsley on the block.

He added, "and we've got one for sale."

Bird also said that small forward Shawne Williams is "on thin ice" within the organization, likely due to a pair of off-court issues that took place last season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53166/20080624/bird_says_tinsley_is_for_sale/

IronMexican
06-24-2008, 05:25 PM
he can be a nice pick up for a team like Cleveland, just needs to stay out of trouble.

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Nobody wants that fuckstick.

JamStone
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
he can be a nice pick up for a team like Cleveland, just needs to stay out of trouble.

I was thinking Cleveland or Denver. Definitely a risk, but if he can be had for cheap and stays out of trouble, he could be a solid pick-up for either of those teams.

Indazone
06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
He'll be back with Golden State with his gangsta in crime Stephen Jackson.

exstatic
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Yessuh, massah Larry.

m33p0
06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
if i buy him, do get a free blender and toaster?

Biggems
06-24-2008, 08:27 PM
more than the off court stuff........he cant stay healthy. this guy had some major talent, but he was always in a suit.

he definitely belongs on the list of players over the last 10 years who's greatness was taken away by injuries....also on the list is Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill.

JamStone
06-24-2008, 09:22 PM
he definitely belongs on the list of players over the last 10 years who's greatness was taken away by injuries....also on the list is Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill.

No he doesn't.

angelbelow
06-25-2008, 12:13 AM
hes too injury prone. hes the new penny, without the talent.

pawe
06-25-2008, 12:32 AM
he's so full of potential a few years back. Injuries, off court issues and lack of leadership qualities hit him bigtime, still a decent pg though.

Brutalis
06-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Would be foolish for anyone to think this guy couldn't have been a star if he'd stay out of trouble and healthy. The guy had loads of it but it's too late.

alamo50
06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

m33p0
06-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes he does.
clumping tinsley alongside penny hardaway? no way. i used to follow indiana. tinsley oftentimes was the reason the pacers would lose a game.

SpursFanFirst
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
We reported yesterday that pretty much everyone but Dunleavey and Granger are possibilities to be shopped.
Jeff Foster, anyone?

Indazone
06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
healthy tinsley = rafer alston

injured tinsley = a bag of chips

Reggie Miller
06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
hes too injury prone. hes the new penny, without the talent.

Broken Record Time: This is about three years too late. I have been saying all along that apart from the entire "not that hot at basketball" issue, the guy can't stay healthy, and he and his immediate family are troublemakers. It really pissed me off to get rid of Jax before this clown. Good riddance, I hope...

You'd have to be pretty desperate to want his or O'Neal's contract at this point.

Reggie Miller
06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
clumping tinsley alongside penny hardaway? no way. i used to follow indiana. tinsley oftentimes was the reason the pacers would lose a game.

Many, many, many times. Tinsley didn't seem to understand that he needed to distribute the ball more when he was cold. I have seen him try to shoot his way out of a bad night (padding stats?) more often than not in close games. He has single-handedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times for me to count.

Reggie Miller
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
We reported yesterday that pretty much everyone but Dunleavey and Granger are possibilities to be shopped.
Jeff Foster, anyone?

Jeff Foster = Australian for Big White Stiff.