PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3...

Tippecanoe
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
i dont have a link, but its heavily speculated that blizzard is going to announce diablo 3 at their worldwide invitation this saturday. i mean, have you seen the teaser on their website yet?

www.blizzard.com

im gonna be so disappointed if its actually WoW related

PixelPusher
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
i dont have a link, but its heavily speculated that blizzard is going to announce diablo 3 at their worldwide invitation this saturday. i mean, have you seen the teaser on their website yet?

www.blizzard.com

If they do, knowing Blizzard, that would mean we can look forward to it's release in say, oh, another 7 years. :lol

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-25-2008, 11:07 AM

www.blizzard.com

http://blizzplanet.com/news/2469/

Good evidence here to support a D3 announcement but like someone already said, even if it is true, the game wont come out forever seeing as Blizzard announced SCII almost 3 years ago and the release was barely set 2 days ago for December which will end up being in May

Xolotl
06-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm always hoping they'll release D3...hell I still play D2 its a great game

Rip-Hamilton32
06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
i would play d2 still but my cdrive is broken lol but i got a godly zon lol

Tippecanoe
06-28-2008, 08:23 AM
its official!!!

www.blizzard.com

rAm
06-29-2008, 04:49 PM
its official!!!

www.blizzard.com

boner

Fernando TD21
07-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I saw some Diablo 3 pictures and it looks cool but I thought the graphic could be better.

rAm
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I saw some Diablo 3 pictures and it looks cool but I thought the graphic could be better.

I am too lazy right now to argue this point, but you are wrong.

PixelPusher
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Based on the gameplay trailer (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/), the graphics look fine to me.

Blizzard never has the absolute, cutting edge, "you'd better have a $3000 gaming tower with a $600 video card to play this" kind of games; they take extra time to focus on developing the gameplay more than the graphics. Hell, Diablo 2's graphics were behind the times when it came out eight years ago, and they still sell retail copies of it for $40 now.

I'll take playability over graphics anytime. (although it's nice to have both)

Fernando TD21
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I am too lazy right now to argue this point, but you are wrong.
I only saw some pictures so far, so I may change my opinion later. Maybe I put my expectations too high regarding the graphics, I just wasn't impressed.
And I'm not saying the game won't be good, graphics are only part of what makes a game good or bad, there are other things more important.

Fernando TD21
07-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Based on the gameplay trailer (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/), the graphics look fine to me.

Blizzard never has the absolute, cutting edge, "you'd better have a $3000 gaming tower with a $600 video card to play this" kind of games; they take extra time to focus on developing the gameplay more than the graphics. Hell, Diablo 2's graphics were behind the times when it came out eight years ago, and they still sell retail copies of it for $40 now.

I'll take playability over graphics anytime. (although it's nice to have both)
I agree, read the post above. And I didn't say the graphics are crappy, they're fine, but I just thought it would be a little different.

WildcardManu
07-05-2008, 03:49 AM
gameplay video looks awesome.

sabar
07-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Anyone that has played Blizzard games knows that they make the graphics to be playable on budget gaming rigs.

There's a reason Diablo II/Warcraft III/WoW sold more copies than Crysis/Farcry/F.E.A.R

Starcraft alone has outsold Crysis+Farcry+FEAR+BioShock combined.

Gameplay >>> Graphics

Fernando TD21
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
The thing about graphics that some people aren't seeing is that it doesn't have only to do with quality but with matching the game theme/style.

I saw an article in a brazillian website, saying that a lot of people are unhappy with the Diablo 3 graphics.
Now I researched about the subject and found an online petition asking for the artistic direction for Diablo 3 to be renewed. Here are the reasons why a lot of people want a different graphic:

It is our opinion that the graphic elements that characterize the Diablo universe are not fully present in this sequel, Diablo universe is made of:

- Gothic and obscure scenarios, cryptic, dark and shadowy dungeons
- Graphically realistic world with realistic, dirty and muddy textures
- Realistic armory and weaponry without over-sized and exaggerated proportions like big shoulder guards
- A macabre, dark and realistic art style
- Light radius, as all of you can remember, Diablo dungeons were characterized by the combination of a light radius system with shadows, everything that resides outside of the character vision sight is shadowed.

What we got in Diablo III:

- Cartoon'ish art direction, obviously influenced by the Warcraft universe, Diablo isnt Warcraft.
- Hand made, pastel looking textures with bold lines, defined contours, smooth colors and clean shapes.
- Dungeons with a blue/green environment lighting, technique used in cartoons to depict a dark, creepy and scary feeling but once again, this is Diablo, a mature game, dungeons should have a dark aura with the occasional lights from candles, just like we got in the previews Diablo's.
- Character models defined by cartoon characteristics like over-sized and exaggerated parts, vivid colors and unrealistic elements, almost directly taken away from World of Warcraft and pasted to Diablo.
- Outside scenarios with vivid colors, beautiful forests with colorful vegetation, shinny and beautiful waterfalls where even rainbows take place.
- Cartoon'ish and unrealistic weaponry and armory, over-sized and stylish armors, over-sized weapons, items that look pasted directly from World of Warcraft.
- Blocky, cartoon'ish graphic elements like big, over-sized fire braziers in dungeons, heavily influenced by the World of Warcraft art style, over-sized and cartoon'ish scenario decorations like smiling statues, Warcraft styled architecture and decorations.
http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html
Although I didn't check all these characteristics, the first thing that I noticed in the pictures I saw were the colorfull and sunny environments. I was expecting a more gothic, dark, realistic, type of environment.

ps: Good graphics doesn't necessarily require expensive computers.
ps2: Gameplay is certainly more important than graphics but a good graphic can help you get into the "game mood", or whatever you call it.