PDA

View Full Version : Take that Cubbies....

florige
06-24-2008, 11:11 PM
O's end their 14 game home winning streak in dramatic fashion!!!:toast

Even though I admire Sherill's composure, he is starting to give me heart pains when he finds it necessary to load the freakin bases of every other game he pitches for the save. It seems like he gets into early trouble with the first couple of hitters he faces, then he all of the sudden calms down and strikes out the side. Maybe Trem's ought to think about warming him up earlier or something. This is starting to become a trend with him.

ATRAIN
06-25-2008, 07:19 AM
O's end their 14 game home winning streak in dramatic fashion!!!:toast

Even though I admire Sherill's composure, he is starting to give me heart pains when he finds it necessary to load the freakin bases of every other game he pitches for the save. It seems like he gets into early trouble with the first couple of hitters he faces, then he all of the sudden calms down and strikes out the side. Maybe Trem's ought to think about warming him up earlier or something. This is starting to become a trend with him.

Do it again O's!!

Cry Havoc
06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Even with the loss, the Cubs were in position to win last night. If they had Soriano in the lineup, they would have had another bat to do damage.

Someone had better slow us down, because even when we're losing, it's a damn close game.

T Park
06-25-2008, 02:13 PM
:lol

Cubs fans are getting cocky again.

Strike
06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Take what? An interleague loss? So? The Cubs still have the best record in baseball. AND that's with one of their best players on the DL and their ace currently on the shelf.

Wait until Soriano and Z come back.

Strike
06-25-2008, 03:23 PM

Cubs fans are getting cocky again.

100 years of no titles with a light dusting of occasional success.

Cubs fans take it whenever they can get it.

T Park
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM

Very true.

If they would get rid of that stupid ass Go Cubs Go song it would be easier to digest them winning. Somewhat.

florige
06-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Even with the loss, the Cubs were in position to win last night. If they had Soriano in the lineup, they would have had another bat to do damage.

Someone had better slow us down, because even when we're losing, it's a damn close game.

Man we were smoking you guys there for a while. You will find that this will not be a walk in the park series against the O's.

Cry Havoc
06-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Man we were smoking you guys there for a while. You will find that this will not be a walk in the park series against the O's.

No series is a walk in the park.

Rubber match today at 2/1 central.

florige
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
No series is a walk in the park.

Rubber match today at 2/1 central.

Yep. You guys gave it to us last night.

florige
06-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Man we really went into Wrigley and gave it to the Cubs again 11-4.:clap:clap
Freakin Sweet!!

ATRAIN
06-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Man we really went into Wrigley and gave it to the Cubs again 11-4.:clap:clap
Freakin Sweet!!

NICE, too bad you couldnt do what you did to us!! But ill take 2 out of 3.

ATRAIN
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Hopefully we can help you guys out against the Bosox today and this weekend.

florige
06-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Hopefully we can help you guys out against the Bosox today and this weekend.

Yeah I hope so. The Red Sox are still the team to beat. It would be awesome to catch them, but it figures the year we are finally starting to play well, the entire AL East is darn near at .500. Figures....

ATRAIN
06-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah I hope so. The Red Sox are still the team to beat. It would be awesome to catch them, but it figures the year we are finally starting to play well, the entire AL East is darn near at .500. Figures....

LOL I hear ya man. When we were above .500 we were still at least 2 games out of 2nd and 1st. SUCKED!! Im just trying to get back to .500 right now.

florige
06-27-2008, 10:50 AM
LOL I hear ya man. When we were above .500 we were still at least 2 games out of 2nd and 1st. SUCKED!! Im just trying to get back to .500 right now.

Yeah that series against us really messed up you guys kinda. But the difference between our team this year from other O's teams we don't go on those ridiculously long losing streaks anymore. We had a habit of playing REALLY well before the All-star break, to a total meltdown after the break. Like of the 10-14 game losing streak caliber.

ATRAIN
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah that series against us really messed up you guys kinda. But the difference between our team this year from other O's teams we don't go on those ridiculously long losing streaks anymore. We had a habit of playing REALLY well before the All-star break, to a total meltdown after the break. Like of the 10-14 game losing streak caliber.

Shit we went on a 8 game losing streak not that long ago. You guys were a part of that. WE are 12 back so that really hurt us. Good thing the cubs will find a way to fuck it up like they always do.

florige
06-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Shit we went on a 8 game losing streak not that long ago. You guys were a part of that. WE are 12 back so that really hurt us. Good thing the cubs will find a way to fuck it up like they always do.

Yeah see you guys still have a shot in your division to make the playoffs. Unless we play near perfect ball we pretty much are done in the AL. It's hard to imagine Boston, Tampa, and NY all falling off during the 2nd half. But this team has surprised me thus far, so I don't know. Anything can happen.

ATRAIN
06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah see you guys still have a shot in your division to make the playoffs. Unless we play near perfect ball we pretty much are done in the AL. It's hard to imagine Boston, Tampa, and NY all falling off during the 2nd half. But this team has surprised me thus far, so I don't know. Anything can happen.

True but that will be pretty difficult.

florige
06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
True but that will be pretty difficult.

Yeah tell me about it! The joy of playing in the AL freakin East....:pctoss