PDA

View Full Version : Free program to convert .pdf to Microsoft Word?

Kori Ellis
06-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Does anyone know a good, free program to convert .pdf documents to Word?

Thanks,

Kori

Quasar
06-25-2008, 05:15 AM
pdf 995: create PDF documents easily for free

http://www.pdf995.com/

Installation may be a bit hairy since it requires several components, but the instructions were quite good last time I checked.

The conversion itself is not great but it is better than nothing. You could also compare PDF -> HTML -> Doc to the output of compare PDF -> Doc just in case.

Kori Ellis
06-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks, I'll check it later today.

dougp
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I use CutePDF - I think it's a lot more simple than pdf995, which I used before I stumbled across CutePDF.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

spurster
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Googling on "convert pdf text" provides any number of options to convert PDF documents to plaintext, including an email service from Adobe. If you want a .doc file so the formatting is the same, your hopes are probably a little high, especially for free software.

dougp
06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Googling on "convert pdf text" provides any number of options to convert PDF documents to plaintext, including an email service from Adobe. If you want a .doc file so the formatting is the same, your hopes are probably a little high, especially for free software.

Maybe you should stick to what your title says, basketball. Obviously you missed two links that were already posted that are quite helpful, other than your assinine remark to googling it. She's obviously looking for someone who has done this before and wanted it free. :nope

spurster
06-25-2008, 12:08 PM
It looks like CutePDF creates PDF documents, while Kori apparently wants to convert PDF documents to another format (.doc), so maybe I was a little more helpful than you. She may not have thought of converting from PDF to plaintext, and so may have missed other options. I don't use Windows much, so I can't recommend any particular program there. If she just needs it for one document, she doesn't need to install a program (such as pdf995 with it undoubtably helpful ads). Instead, she can email her document to Adobe and get back the text, though I suppose a downside is that she might start getting spam from Adobe. Caveat emptor.

ElNono
06-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't know how good it is, but a quick google search finds this:

http://www.hellopdf.com/

dougp
06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
It looks like CutePDF creates PDF documents, while Kori apparently wants to convert PDF documents to another format (.doc), so maybe I was a little more helpful than you. She may not have thought of converting from PDF to plaintext, and so may have missed other options. I don't use Windows much, so I can't recommend any particular program there. If she just needs it for one document, she doesn't need to install a program (such as pdf995 with it undoubtably helpful ads). Instead, she can email her document to Adobe and get back the text, though I suppose a downside is that she might start getting spam from Adobe. Caveat emptor.

CutePDF provides a Print to PDF option.

Kori Ellis
06-25-2008, 03:41 PM
I found a trial version of DocSmartz Professional at download.com that converts .pdf to .doc. It should work well enough for now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

DannyT
06-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Does anyone know a good, free program to convert .pdf documents to Word?

Thanks,

Kori

I have this guy named mouse who converts my PDF files to .doc's all the time...and he's quick too at least thats what she tells me anyway

baseline bum
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Acrobat Pro is free at thepiratebay ;)