PDA

View Full Version : How do we counter????

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
from Yahoo game Recap...

Sonics center Jerome James, who tied his season highs with 12 points and six rebounds in a season-high 30 minutes, plans to be more aggressive the next time he faces the Spurs, especially when Ginobili drives to the basket.

``I should have knocked him down early,'' James said. ``If I would have knocked him down early, maybe he would have been a little more fearful going in there.''

Do we have "dirty" Bruce knock Allen down???

CosmicCowboy
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Manu has never been fearful going to the basket and I don't think a bitch like James is gonna change that now...

Jimcs50
02-01-2005, 09:42 AM
This is not dirty, this is good hard basketball. You are not supposed to allow players free access to the hoop.

BronxCowboy
02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
You're not supposed to knock them down just to make them "fearful" either. That's not good hard basketball, that's a flagrant foul.

BigVee
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Depends on how you do it whether it is dirty or not. But, anyone who thinks they are going to intimidate Manu and keep him away from the basket is dreaming. James is a mouthy pile of crap and all he is doing is making sure the Spurs stay fired up each time they play the Sonics. What a turd.

BronxCowboy
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Jerome James is nothing but a blow-hard bully with no appreciable skill who gets paid for nothing but thuggery, so I guess for him, that's just earning dinner.

TwoHandJam
02-01-2005, 09:46 AM
He's not scared of Shaq so I seriously doubt he's scared of a no-talent bitch like James.

genghisrex
02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Luckily, James probably won't even play next game as his lazy ass is bound to cycle back into the doghouse or IR soon enough.

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm just concerned that other teams will now get hold of this tactic and try to use it in a manner not honorable to basketball to defeat the Spurs.... People have noticed Ginobili as a difference maker...

Even worse is that Ginobili's fearless style will get him hurt if the other team or a particular defender have targeted him as the recipient of bully-tactics....

Loosing Ginobili would be a huge blow... for that matter any of the players in our Triumvariate (sounds cooler than saying "Big-3"); Duncan, Parker, Ginobili...

MaNuMaNiAc
02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
I wouldn´t worry too much about loosing Parker because of ¨Bully-tactics¨, lol, they´d have to catch him first! lol

Frenchise player
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Manu is a latex man, nothing can hurt him.

boutons
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
"Triumvariate"

too Latinate, too cultured, too elitist, too blue-state, too many syllables.

you've gotta dumb it down :)

Anyway, in English, it's "triumvarate" (which gets rid of one syllable!)

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 01:57 PM
How do we counter????

by winning.

dougp
02-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Hurt TP or Manu and I can see Duncan going in for a dunk throwing a knee or elbow your way ... or see Horry play dirty like he did in the Lakers series that one game when he was against Malone and pulled the flagrant where he smacked Malone's wrist into the rim ... Either way, you mess with one of em you're gonna have someone on our team who's going to put you in your place more than once.

myhc
02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
This guy is a total idiot. Its just more bulletin board material to fire up Manu and the guys even more. And this is coming from a guy playing a whopping 12 minutes a game and averaging 4 points and 2 rebounds a game. Trust me, he is not the first guy Seattle will be looking to retain if Allen leaves or the team starts heading south.

PM5K
02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
He's not scared of Shaq so I seriously doubt he's scared of a no-talent bitch like James.

That's the first thing I thought about when I read that quote.

Some of you may recall when the Spurs were playing the Lakers and Gino goes to the hoop and there is a lot of contact with him and Shaq, Shaq either blocks the shot or Gino misses it because of the contact, no foul is called. Next time down the court Gino is in the exact same situation but this time finishes on the other side of the basket.

That's what makes him what he is, he has absolutely no fear....

Jerome James had all of four points, six boards, and seven blocks (which is good) in the two prior games against the Spurs, he should really be more concerned about how Rasho is going to shut him down when he gets back....

Jdspur20
02-01-2005, 03:44 PM
who's jerome james???

boutons
02-01-2005, 04:39 PM
The counter last night was perfect.

We humiliated the Sonics at home.

Next ...

Experiment2100
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Just remind him that plays for the Seattle Supersonics.

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
"Triumvariate"

too Latinate, too cultured, too elitist, too blue-state, too many syllables.

you've gotta dumb it down :)

Anyway, in English, it's "triumvarate" (which gets rid of one syllable!)

Ooops... that's what I meant to write in the first place... I didn't notice I had made it Italian...

Anyways you would have to agree our 3 mayor players deserve a title worthy of their elevated status above everyone else..... no need to borrow mundane titles like " the big 3", or "big trio" from other teams... "Triumvarate" sounds much more dominant...

BTW the only two teams that have legitimate "all-star" trios are:
Sacramento (Bibby, Webber, Stojakovic) and
Phoenix (Nash, Stoudemire, Marion... 4 if you count Richardson).
I would count Minny, except that their trio isn't playing caliber ball.
One leg of the Indiana pyramid was suspended...
I guess if they were playing up to their own standards (Hamilton, Billups and the Wallace Bros) would also have to be considered.
Eventually Cleveland will also have a trio of their own in (Lebron, Z and Gooden)

foodie2
02-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Triumvirate sounds wonderful--but while we're correcting, let's spell it right.

SpursWoman
02-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I {heart} grammar smack. :)

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Triumvirate sounds wonderful--but while we're correcting, let's spell it right.

My mistake... that's two consecutive posts with erred spelling... (one borrowed from boutons) "to be or not to be"....

Wait... who am I kidding.... I'm strictly a numbers person...

OK, OK, I guess I'm all-right when it comes to expressing myself with the appropriate level of language/grammar that is 'required' for my participation in this forum...

Some like ducks have developed their own language and it confuses me... kind of makes my head go ---> :spin

Others like Whott remind me why I'm glad to be out of literature class (95% of his takes are insightful... but damn!! I have to read Cliff notes to get through his posts... just kidding Whott... keep them coming :lol

Others like violentkitten and Sec24Row7 have mastered the art of 3 word dialogue... SequSpur has gone as far as mastering the two word thread....

And then there are the foreign-born participants... I have to applaud their efforts for simply participating in this forum and especially for keeping up with the game chats.... they are true fans.

Anyways... We have to propagate the new title for Tim-Manu-Parker:

"The Spurs Triumvirate"

Solid D
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
How about ParTiMan! :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2005, 06:38 PM
My guess is that people have been gunning for Manu his whole career. Manu won't be scared by that at all.

JJ is just happy to be a Seattle StupidSonic and is trying to make a little noise.

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 06:42 PM
How about ParTiMan! :lol

That's what Jamaican Spurs fans will be singing when we win the title....

(reggae plays in the background)
"ParTiMan....ParTiMan....I'm going to a ParTiMan.... "

Rather ingenious creation Solid D.... like always.... I've come to expect solid takes from Solid D. :fro

Disclaimer: no offense to Jamaicans was in any way intended...

Phenomanul
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Solid D... I used your term ParTiMan yesterday at a pickup game and people seemed to like it...

Someone then questioned why Parker was mentioned first.... (always the discontent in people... always)

Solid D
02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Solid D... I used your term ParTiMan yesterday at a pickup game and people seemed to like it...

Someone then questioned why Parker was mentioned first.... (always the discontent in people... always)

Thanks,
Why Parker first? Because it worked. I guess it's appropriate though, because the PG enters the offense, he's the head of the snake. He gets the "Parti" started Man :)

office handle
02-02-2005, 09:50 AM
i call him that little french dude but thats just me

Phenomanul
02-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm surprised Whott hasn't noticed what I wrote about him....

Funny... :lmao :rollin

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-02-2005, 01:48 PM
James takes a cheap shot on Parker or Manu, and on the dead ball Massenberg enters the game.

The rest is bloody history.

Solid D
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm for the "Massenburg seal" pre-emptive strike. :hat

td4mvp21
02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
what james said is just flat out imature. that sounds like something a thuggish high schooler would say.