PDA

View Full Version : Cop tasers man for failing to produce his insurance in under 60 seconds.

Cry Havoc
06-26-2008, 02:20 AM
http://www.break.com/index/driver-gets-tazed-for-being-slow1.html

Absolutely ridiculous. Doesn't that cop realize he's on camera?

Brutalis
06-26-2008, 02:26 AM
I bet nothing happened to the cop for that.

pawe
06-26-2008, 03:42 AM
better yet, doesnt that cop realize its thanksgiving day

ZStomp
06-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Yea, that's an asshole cop. I have been in that siutation a lot and I have never EVER been frustrated or pissed that the info asked for wasn't produced quickly. I mean there are people that act stupid when they get pulled over- this was not one of those cases. That was just stupid...idiot cop.

Slydragon
06-26-2008, 06:07 AM
"Do you have any black friends?" LMAO

BRHornet45
06-26-2008, 06:21 AM
sons was this that same trigger happy cop that shot up those pigs last week?

Slydragon
06-26-2008, 06:37 AM
This is one of my favorite teasers vids

jycsQe1F-sE

This dog gets it too.

cgZZiXPajAc

Something different

DS9JiPSXwwc

Clandestino
06-26-2008, 07:57 AM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/editorial/entries/2007/10/02/apologies_help_boost_police_cr.html

After an investigation, the department’s Internal Affairs office saw no need for disciplinary action. But then-Acting Chief Cathy Ellison reviewed it and ordered a three-day suspension for O’Connor, who served it and then returned to duty.

When Art Acevedo, the new chief from California, saw the video, he strongly disapproved of O’Connor’s action but saw in the footage what some would call “a teaching moment.” He released the video, told officers to watch it, and made it clear that any officer who did the same as O’Connor would be in serious trouble. The chief’s warning was appropriate and welcome.

But what’s genuinely encouraging is the reaction of officers who watched the video and not only disapproved — we think most officers would — but spoke up about the need for an apology, a personal apology. As professional law enforcement officers, they don’t want to be associated with the kind of behavior on display in the video.

DarkReign
06-26-2008, 08:41 AM
To protect and serve.

peewee's lovechild
06-26-2008, 08:41 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Remember back in 93 when The Taser was a new weapon, both alluring and mysterious?

BigZak
06-26-2008, 09:00 AM
what a piece of shit with a badge...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
This has the makings of the next great Japanese game show. Give them sixty seconds to do various tasks or they get tazed. SUPER HAPPY ELECTRIC FAIL SHOCK MINUTE SHOW!

cherylsteele
06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
One of the reasons going 70 in a 65? If police actually used that as a reason to pull someone over, the city would have plenty of money in the coiffures beacsue way more than half would get speeding tickets.

Yes I know there were other reasons for the traffic stop but that just stood out to me.
Did they just buy the car and the temp tag blew off somewhere? I have seen cars with no tags around town alot.

Dex
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Damn. And here I thought Austin PD was usually pretty friendly.

Then again, I did finally get busted for driving around with no front license plate after like 5 years of it being like that.

Although the cop let me off on a warning for that, and popped me for my inspection sticker instead.

Stingey bastids. :lmao

RandomGuy
06-26-2008, 12:37 PM
ooooh man, I wish I could find that animated gif that says "Don't Taze me Bro" with Mario and Luigi...

Shaolin-Style
06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Driver should have cooperated.

Cops a douchebag and probably wanted to vent, but he wouldn't have been able to if the driver would have produced her license at the very least, but she declined when her friend encouraged her to, because he was yelling at her.

boutons_
06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
3 days suspension, omfg, how unfair.

With or without pay? Either way, the super-light punishment shows how non-dissuasive the police regs are.

Are there even any regs and penalties concerning taser use? Or is just a Wild Wild West shooting gallery with citizens as ducks?

If the driver's heart had quit, would the cop have gotten all the way up to 7 days suspension? Or, horrors, 1 month?

Sure sounds like there are no regs at all about police taser use when the police chief has to issue a verbal warning not repeat THIS SPECIFIC USAGE and ONLY because of this incident.

"personal apology?" what a bunch of touchy-feely wimps. :lol

I'm very touched by "don’t want to be associated with the kind of behavior on display in the video".

But you are associated with the behavior, cops. It represents multiple failures of YOUR organization, not just of one cop. Anybody got a program to address the failures?

And if it weren't on video, would they care? would anybody even know? With no video and the driver filing a complaint, who thinks driver's word vs cop's word would have gotten the cop any penalty or any hearing whatsoever?

Don Quixote
06-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I am completely shocked at this news.