PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Conservatives: It's over..

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 11:37 AM
For the Fiscal Conservative Bush has been a disaster and now we're left with McCain and Obama. With both canidates I'm convinced we will get bigger government and zero solutions to the entitlements ticking timebomb. Since I'm convinced Obama is going to win and McCain isn't much better, I'm giving my support to Bob Barr. This country needs a third party voice and though Bob Barr is the longest of long shots, with a decent showing another voice will be heard and "real" change just might happen.

www.BobBarr2008.com (http://www.BobBarr2008.com)

ChumpDumper
06-26-2008, 11:42 AM
No one with a mustache like that would be elected president.

clambake
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
listen......you won't do that. you'll see that a vote for barr is a plus for obama.

your habit will be to difficult to break.

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
No one with a mustache like that would be elected president.

I was a steve forbes supporter, so I know bad looks cost votes. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful.

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 11:45 AM
listen......you won't do that. you'll see that a vote for barr is a plus for obama.

your habit will be to difficult to break.

like a good liberal who thinks he knows everything, even the impossible.

clambake
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
like a good liberal who thinks he knows everything, even the impossible.

that label is inaccurate. why do conservatives jump to conclusions?

and your anti-obama vote will not be for barr. will you be able to admit that in november?

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 12:07 PM
and your anti-obama vote will not be for barr. will you be able to admit that in november?

really, you know so very little it's funny. You're anti-Obama vote, it's a anti-fiscal irresponsibility vote which include both Obama and McCain. Stop being so kooky and thinking you know everything, especially the way people think.

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
No conservatives? Oh goody the world is a better place for it..

johnsmith
06-26-2008, 01:13 PM
No conservatives? Oh goody the world is a better place for it..

No, it isn't. When has it been good when only one party controls both congress and the presidency?

Without checks and balances, everything gets fucked up. Liberals should be more aware of this then anyone as they've been complaining louder then anyone else about it for the last decade, and many times rightfully so.

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2008, 01:38 PM
No, it isn't. When has it been good when only one party controls both congress and the presidency?

Without checks and balances, everything gets fucked up. Liberals should be more aware of this then anyone as they've been complaining louder then anyone else about it for the last decade, and many times rightfully so.

Well I actually agree with you on this. I don't like the idea of one party dominating all three branches.. I guess I am happy that most in your face conservatives have to go to the back of the bus now..

xrayzebra
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Checks and Balances. Who keeps the Supreme Court in check. Think any of the Supremos would show up if supeonaed before Congress? And who would Congress go to for help?

Come on all you legal scholars, an inquiring mind wants to know.

ElNono
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Checks and Balances. Who keeps the Supreme Court in check. Think any of the Supremos would show up if supeonaed before Congress? And who would Congress go to for help?

Come on all you legal scholars, an inquiring mind wants to know.

According to Wikipedia: "A Justice may also be removed by impeachment and conviction by congressional vote, but only one Justice has ever been impeached by the House (Samuel Chase, in 1805) and he was acquitted by the Senate, making impeachment as a restraint on the court something of a paper tiger. Moves to impeach sitting justices have occurred more recently (for example, William O. Douglas was the subject of hearings twice, once in 1953 and once in 1970), but they have not even reached a vote in the House."

So Congress legally can impeach and kick out a rogue Judge.

clambake
06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
really, you know so very little it's funny. You're anti-Obama vote, it's a anti-fiscal irresponsibility vote which include both Obama and McCain. Stop being so kooky and thinking you know everything, especially the way people think.

you're a pissy little fuck today, aren't you.

i just doubt, when the buzzer sounds, that you'll help obama by voting barr. i think you'll cave to your instinct, regardless of how unappealing you claim McCain to be.

i never voted for bush but i did vote for reagan.

xrayzebra
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
According to Wikipedia: "A Justice may also be removed by impeachment and conviction by congressional vote, but only one Justice has ever been impeached by the House (Samuel Chase, in 1805) and he was acquitted by the Senate, making impeachment as a restraint on the court something of a paper tiger. Moves to impeach sitting justices have occurred more recently (for example, William O. Douglas was the subject of hearings twice, once in 1953 and once in 1970), but they have not even reached a vote in the House."

So Congress legally can impeach and kick out a rogue Judge.

That part I knew. I want to know if they can hold hearings and demand the judges come before the House/Senate to justify their judgements. You know like they do the other branch of government. They can also impeach the Prez. And kick out a rogue Prez.

Spurminator
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM

i just doubt, when the buzzer sounds, that you'll help obama by voting barr. i think you'll cave to your instinct, regardless of how unappealing you claim McCain to be.

It's Texas. For an independent, a vote for either of the major party candidates is a waste.

ElNono
06-26-2008, 04:16 PM
That part I knew. I want to know if they can hold hearings and demand the judges come before the House/Senate to justify their judgements. You know like they do the other branch of government. They can also impeach the Prez. And kick out a rogue Prez.

Well, the way it works with the SCOTUS, is that each 'side' writes an opinion with their findings, explaining why they decided to go whichever way they did.
So basically they're already justifying their judgments under applicable law.
Now if Congress believes that a Judge is corrupt or partial, they always have the impeachment route. The can impeach one or more of the justices and question them at will. Even fire them if deemed necessary. The thing is, independence of powers is one of the pillars of democracy. And for the most part, Congress can always go back and issue a new law that might go against a SCOTUS ruling. Just as long as it's constitutional, it will stand. This is actually something that happens a lot when a law is stricken down as unconstitutional.

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM

I like those types of responses. I truly think we're screwed either way. Benefits to obama getting elected are financial disaster will hit us sooner than later, so we can just get it over with and hopefully it will help us get past the idea that intelligent black people can't advance. It may be harder for blacks, but it's harder for midgets, deformed people, and the obese. It can be done with enough desire, don't need some fascist communist big brother state. (Sent from blackberry).

Don Quixote
06-26-2008, 07:27 PM
For the Fiscal Conservative Bush has been a disaster and now we're left with McCain and Obama. With both canidates I'm convinced we will get bigger government and zero solutions to the entitlements ticking timebomb. Since I'm convinced Obama is going to win and McCain isn't much better, I'm giving my support to Bob Barr. This country needs a third party voice and though Bob Barr is the longest of long shots, with a decent showing another voice will be heard and "real" change just might happen.

Sounds like you need a pep talk, my friend.

I totally understand, and share, your dissatisfaction with our nominee. I'm there with you. We rock it together. I even understand why you would vote for Barr -- if you live in Texas, which will likely go to McCain anyway -- you may as well vote for the guy you like. I guarantee you, though, that we conservatives in battleground states like Louisiana don't have that option. We'll have to hold our noses and vote for the GOP guy.

But you know better than to say that it's time for a 3d party. They historically don't work. About all they do is screw up elections. If there's going to be change, it's going to have to come through the existing parties.

braeden0613
06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
I really dont care if my vote for Bob Barr is a vote for Obama, he isn't that different from Mccain. The differences balance each other out.

SRJ
06-26-2008, 09:22 PM
If there's going to be change, it's going to have to come through the existing parties.

In other words, we're screwed.

I hope the Republicans start losing elections left and right. Maybe then, they'll realize that it was a bad idea to alienate their base.

Wild Cobra
06-27-2008, 07:29 PM

www.BobBarr2008.com (http://www.BobBarr2008.com)

I agree. I cannot say I like all of Barr's policy ideas, but at least I can respect him as president.

Nbadan
06-28-2008, 12:50 AM
In other words, we're screwed.

I hope the Republicans start losing elections left and right. Maybe then, they'll realize that it was a bad idea to alienate their base.

I completely agree.....the Republican Party needs to shed some of these social conservatives and religious kooks and start running on a pledge of fiscal restraint and government accountability again...but it's gonna take some years to forget Dubya and the do-nothing Congress...and it's effects we are feeling today....

Harry Callahan
06-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Sounds like you need a pep talk, my friend.

I totally understand, and share, your dissatisfaction with our nominee. I'm there with you. We rock it together. I even understand why you would vote for Barr -- if you live in Texas, which will likely go to McCain anyway -- you may as well vote for the guy you like. I guarantee you, though, that we conservatives in battleground states like Louisiana don't have that option. We'll have to hold our noses and vote for the GOP guy.

But you know better than to say that it's time for a 3d party. They historically don't work. About all they do is screw up elections. If there's going to be change, it's going to have to come through the existing parties.

Bob Barr is correct on a ton of issues, there is no doubt. The lack of fiscal restraint in in Washington in recent years is a real problem and a real failure of the current Administration. Government spending is out of control and a democrat contolled congress is incapable of fiscal restraint unless it involves cutting the funds to the military.

A third party is not going to effect any change in the near future.
McCain is definitely the lesser of two evils by a long shot.

Mr. Hope and Change is such a lightweight it is mind boggling. He goes from the Illinois state senate to the U.S. Senate in large part because his opponent is stupid enough to have infidelity issues and quits the race. Obama was essentially running unopposed.

Name one meaningful piece of legislation Obama has authored. You will spend a long time looking for that. He has no gravitas (ah yes, that obscure word that was regurgitated by every dim witted reporter and politician from sea to shining sea a while back).

Mr. Hope and Change, if elected, will be the next Jimmy Carter. That is not a good thing. I'll vote for McCain even though he is wrong on several issues. Obama is wrong on just about everything.

NASCARdad
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
True conservatives are ready to fight it is just too bad we don't have one running this year.

DarkReign
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Thread title should read...

"Memo to Americans: It's over..

...then I'd buy the tagline.

This country is so close to fucked as we know it, it doesnt even matter. The point of no return was passed long before I was born (and everyone else here not named Xray...and Im not entirely sure he was alive either). Grab a beer, have some meaningful discussion with those you feel worthy, love your family/friends and enjoy the show.

The best one can hope for is the acceleration of the inevitable.

2centsworth
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Thread title should read...

"Memo to Americans: It's over..

...then I'd buy the tagline.

This country is so close to fucked as we know it, it doesnt even matter. The point of no return was passed long before I was born (and everyone else here not named Xray...and Im not entirely sure he was alive either). Grab a beer, have some meaningful discussion with those you feel worthy, love your family/friends and enjoy the show.

The best one can hope for is the acceleration of the inevitable.

well done, but I respect that not everyone thinks like a me. I suspect most liberals think it's the beginning of a Utopian society where we're all equal, both financially and socially.

I think we're headed for another Great Depression in about 10 years.

DarkReign
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I think we're headed for another Great Depression in about 10 years.

I would hope a repeat of the Great Depression is only the start of more meaningful, sweeping change (if that were to happen).

2centsworth
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I would hope a repeat of the Great Depression is only the start of more meaningful, sweeping change (if that were to happen).

hope change for the better, but I can see something more sinester emerge too.

Because I love this country, I hope Bob Barr garners enough support.

DarkReign
06-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Because I love this country

I love what this country was theorized and founded to be.

I loathe what we the People have allowed it to become.