PDA

View Full Version : OMG The Spurs took a player I never heard of!

IcemanCometh
06-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Last time people were so pissed off about a pick was Tony Parker.

Theres a reason the Spurs have won 4 championships while you're in your moms garage blogging about how sad you are

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Theres a reason the Spurs have won 4 championships while you're in your moms garage blogging about how sad you are

You're a fucking idiot. There's also a reason they haven't been able to repeat. BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HAD A DRAFT PICK WORK OUT SINCE PARKER

Mister Sinister
06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Also, Parker was before the Scola and Splitter....debacles.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, he is American -- isn't he?

xtremesteven33
06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Spurs better keep this guy . he looks good

JonNOKC
06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Its not them taking Hill that pisses people off its taking a guy at 26 who no one had coming off the board until 39th at the earliest....get someone at 26 and Hill probably still there at 45 or trade two 2nd rounders and move up...If we are that much smarter than everyone else then lets take a full advantage of it! Just makes no sense even if this guy turns out to be a great backup to TP

lefty
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM

TP is quick

George is really slow

meestahmeestah
06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
There's also a reason they haven't been able to repeat. BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HAD A DRAFT PICK WORK OUT SINCE PARKER

winner winner chicken dinner

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Its not them taking Hill that pisses people off its taking a guy at 26 who no one had coming off the board until 39th at the earliest....get someone at 26 and Hill probably still there at 45 or trade two 2nd rounders and move up...If we are that much smarter than everyone else then lets take a full advantage of it! Just makes no sense even if this guy turns out to be a great backup to TP

Oh so because the mock drafts had him at around the 39th spot that means it's a shit pick?

If the analysts were so smart they would be general managers.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Hill had a pretty good 3/4 court time.

Horrible lane agility.

midgetonadonkey
TP is quick

George is really slow

TP plays no D.

George does.

jjktkk
You're a fucking idiot. There's also a reason they haven't been able to repeat. BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HAD A DRAFT PICK WORK OUT SINCE PARKER

Its hard to find a player picking this low year, year in and year out. And the reason we pick so low every year is that we have a great team. Can't believe your complaining because they can't repeat. Like repeating is so easy. Do you expect the Spurs to find a hall of fame player at pick #26? George Hill, the Spurs pick, is a solid combo guard, who has a good chance to be a defensive stopper at the pg position for the Spurs. He averaged 20 ppg for IUPUI this past year. He's a solid prospect.

lefty
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
TP plays no D.

George does.

TP is married to a celebrity

Hill is married to RC Buford

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Do you expect the Spurs to find a hall of fame player at pick #26? George Hill, the Spurs pick, is a solid combo guard, who has a good chance to be a defensive stopper at the pg position for the Spurs. He averaged 20 ppg for IUPUI this past year. He's a solid prospect.

:wow 20 PPG FOR IUPUI??? Wow you must follow that team and know they were the class of the league!

I don't expect them to find a hall of famer dumbass and I didn't say thats what I expected. I expected them to take the best player available that fits our needs. IMO that was CDR or Chalmers (proven guy in the clutch, fast hands) instead we get a guy that could've been had 20 picks later. I can't stand the assholes on this board that think just because you criticize the team then you're an idiot because hey they know so much better what to do with picks than any of us ever could. Someone put the last 10 draft picks of ours up please so we can see the fruits of the NBA draft for our club.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
There's got to be a trade here.

Spurtacus
06-26-2008, 09:28 PM
At 45, excellent pick. At 26? Fuck no. We passed on Green, Arthur, Chalmers, CDR!

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 09:29 PM
There's got to be a trade here.

If Presti was still here I would be confident in that statement...right now after George Hill...Im not sure anymore but I PRAY there is a trade announced soon

John Patrick
06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Arthur falls in our laps.....and there he goes...

jjktkk
06-26-2008, 09:37 PM
:wow 20 PPG FOR IUPUI??? Wow you must follow that team and know they were the class of the league!

I don't expect them to find a hall of famer dumbass and I didn't say thats what I expected. I expected them to take the best player available that fits our needs. IMO that was CDR or Chalmers (proven guy in the clutch, fast hands) instead we get a guy that could've been had 20 picks later. I can't stand the assholes on this board that think just because you criticize the team then you're an idiot because hey they know so much better what to do with picks than any of us ever could. Someone put the last 10 draft picks of ours up please so we can see the fruits of the NBA draft for our club.

Wow Fajita boy you got quite a little potty mouth. Maybe if acted like 18 or older, instead of 10, people might respect your opinions. IMO the Spurs wanted this guy along. They brought him in for a workout and they, the Spurs, did not bring in CDR, or Chalmers for a workout. I would of been okay with either of the 2, but the Spurs obviously like Hill. Plus, if these 2 guys are so clutch, why haven't they been drafted yet? Look up Hill's profile on NBA.com. He is a solid prospect.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow Fajita boy you got quite a little potty mouth. Maybe if acted like 18 or older, instead of 10, people might respect your opinions. IMO the Spurs wanted this guy along. They brought him in for a workout and they, the Spurs, did not bring in CDR, or Chalmers for a workout. I would of been okay with either of the 2, but the Spurs obviously like Hill. Plus, if these 2 guys are so clutch, why haven't they been drafted yet? Look up Hill's profile on NBA.com. He is a solid prospect.

Fajita boy...Good one :lmao

I don't mind if the Spurs wanted Hill all along idiot do you not get that? They could have moved down in the draft and taken him later on and at least got something else in return. Do you not understand how drafts work or what? People act like we're not aloud to question the FO's moves after what they have done with this team the last few years in the draft

O-Factor
06-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Yeah, fucking years ago.

jjktkk
06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Fajita boy...Good one :lmao

I don't mind if the Spurs wanted Hill all along idiot do you not get that? They could have moved down in the draft and taken him later on and at least got something else in return. Do you not understand how drafts work or what? People act like we're not aloud to question the FO's moves after what they have done with this team the last few years in the draft

Well, junior if you paid attention to the pre-draft coverage, you would know that the Spurs sent out a email today at 3:30 p.m. EST, to every NBA team, trying to move their 26th pick. They had no takers, so they used their pick on the guy they wanted. So your trade down theory is wrong. Plus my questioning your opinion has nothing to do with my defending the Spurs FO. I too have questioned alot of their draft moves in the past several years. This is all about your thread. Hey maybe your actual basketball IQ needs to catch up with your perceived basketball IQ.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Well, junior if you paid attention to the pre-draft coverage, you would know that the Spurs sent out a email today at 3:30 p.m. EST, to every NBA team, trying to move their 26th pick. They had no takers, so they used their pick on the guy they wanted. So your trade down theory is wrong. Plus my questioning your opinion has nothing to do with my defending the Spurs FO. I too have questioned alot of their draft moves in the past several years. This is all about your thread. Hey maybe your actual basketball IQ needs to catch up with your perceived basketball IQ.
Even if they couldn't move down you still take a proven guy in Chalmers if you're drafting for the PG position.

Apparently the only place you get your information is from ESPN. And what thread are you talking about dumbass? I didn't start a thread. Maybe your ACTUAL IQ needs to catch up with your perceived basketball IQ.

jjktkk
06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Even if they couldn't move down you still take a proven guy in Chalmers if you're drafting for the PG position.

Apparently the only place you get your information is from ESPN. And what thread are you talking about dumbass? I didn't start a thread. Maybe your ACTUAL IQ needs to catch up with your perceived basketball IQ.

ESPN is a pretty good source. Where might you get your information from? Your best friend Clarence during recess?

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
ESPN is a pretty good source. Where might you get your information from? Your best friend Clarence during recess?

Apparently you've never heard of Jonathan Chow.
Anyways dumbass, ESPN is such a great source that they had us taking 4 different guys the last 4 days.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Not to mention, if the retards in the FO were going to try and get out of the 1st round they shouldve done it sometime BEFORE the day of the draft.

jjktkk
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Apparently you've never heard of Jonathan Chow.
Anyways dumbass, ESPN is such a great source that they had us taking 4 different guys the last 4 days.

Well then, ask John John to read George Hill's profile for you. Then if your half as smart as you think you are, you will see that Hill is a solid prospect. Fajita boy maybe you should just stick to taco's.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Well then, ask John John to read George Hill's profile for you. Then if your half as smart as you think you are, you will see that Hill is a solid prospect. Fajita boy maybe you should just stick to taco's.

Lol you're such a fucking retard. Hey defend this pick too!

ducks
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
TP plays no D.

George does.

wtf tp plays d

IcemanCometh
11-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Hey look who was right

Manufan909
11-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Lol you're such a fucking retard. Hey defend this pick too!

Looks like Pop was right? How about that?

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Sigh...I hate my life

And I still say we couldve gotten him later in the draft

mrspurs
11-29-2008, 08:27 AM
The playbabies at their best.

wijayas
11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
TP plays no D.

George does.

TP plays no D? I consider you are either joking or you are ignorant or you are a new Spurs.

No Spurs earns teh right to be on the court if he does not play D. By Pop Order!

bbarry
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Wtf? You guys were saying Hill is slow at getting to the basket? lol The dude looks almost as quick as TP but seemingly is getting in the paint just as good. I think Tony has been teaching George a thing or two because when he drives in it looks identical and he also has that little floater in the lane.

Buddy Holly
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
George is really slow

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

wijayas
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
At 45, excellent pick. At 26? Fuck no. We passed on Green, Arthur, Chalmers, CDR!

What exactly have Green, Arthur, Chlamers, and CDR done for their respective team that is worth mentioning in the same level as what Hill has done for the Spurs? :bang :bang :bang

wijayas
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM

What a silly idea. When you win championship, you pick last. How many Tonys and Manus are there in the drafts? Anyone? Anyone?

DO you expect we pick the Tonys and Manus of the world every year? You are a retard. Or a very spoiled SPurs fan. Or a new Spurs fan who knows no hardship of the past.

exstatic
11-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Sigh...I hate my life

And I still say we couldve gotten him later in the draft

And you'd still be wrong. The Lakers and Celtics were both trying to move up to select him. He wasn't going to make it out of the first round.

Frenchise player
11-29-2008, 10:50 AM
What a silly idea. When you win championship, you pick last. How many Tonys and Manus are there in the drafts? Anyone? Anyone?

DO you expect we pick the Tonys and Manus of the world every year? You are a retard. Or a very spoiled SPurs fan. Or a new Spurs fan who knows no hardship of the past.

It is true that you can't expect the same level of success but they didn't get anything from the previous drafts.
The method of stashing overseas worked for Manu but if you can't get that player signed it's a worthless pick even if the player is good (see Scola and Splitter).

The Spurs actually drafted good players during this period but the fact is none is contributing now for this team.

Biggems
11-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I dont care where we got Hill, I was skeptical, only cause I wanted Green. However, that is why I am a fan and Pop/RC make the personnel decisions. He has proven to be worthy of his first round selection. He has some nice game about him. He shows great composure, hustles, is well spoken, and has strong character. Pop/RC hit a homerun with this one.

exstatic
11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
What's going to be even more fun is to revive GW's "Tank the season!" thread at the end of the current one.

Interrohater
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
yaay, you were a supporter since the draft... big deal. It's tiring hearing from all the Spurs fans that feel the need to stand up and shout "I told you so! I'm a better fan than you because I never wavered! I never faltered! Now, I will attack you and prove that I'm a better fan! I will start this thread! Watch me! I'll do it!" Get over it guys, it's boring, why don't we talk about how awesome the team is...

vander
11-29-2008, 11:17 AM

fans are so stupid, why should the spurs even try to win championships to impress their stupid fans. us fucking retards should should get on our hands and knees and grovel for any small morsel of talent they decide to put on the team. :ihit

Interrohater
11-29-2008, 11:46 AM
fans are so stupid, why should the spurs even try to win championships to impress their stupid fans. us fucking retards should should get on our hands and knees and grovel for any small morsel of talent they decide to put on the team. :ihit
I agreed at first, then I remembered who pays the bills around the ATT center! We do! Now let's stand in front of the FO and demand they win a chip! Nay, make it two!:hat

Indazone
11-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Spurs would freaking scary good if instead of keeping Bonner now had Scola playing power forward along with Mason and Hill. Oh well.

BlackBellamy
11-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Spurs would freaking scary good if instead of keeping Bonner now had Scola playing power forward along with Mason and Hill. Oh well.

Jesus Christ, don't get these people started with that stuff again. We just got past those threads fer chrissakes!

benefactor
11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I like Hill as much as the next man...but are we going to have to endure 65,294 thread resurrections before the end of the season?

my2sons
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM

This is the saddest quote of all...you see, if you were a fan from the beginning when the averaged 3-5k fans per night, you loved every member of the team. As they worked they way up, you cheered, you cried, you were happy you were pissed, but each and every player was a SAN ANTONIO SPUR. I love the uniform, thus every player is a SPUR, so they are my team. So ya, every small morsel of talent, keeps you from being a fair weathered fan.

honestfool84
11-29-2008, 04:10 PM

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2014/picture1us4.png

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7938/picture2we7.png

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3740/picture3ya8.png

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2364/picture4rj9.png

and you're complaining about this guy?
what a joke.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6970/picture5tz9.png

exstatic
11-29-2008, 04:39 PM
yaay, you were a supporter since the draft... big deal. It's tiring hearing from all the Spurs fans that feel the need to stand up and shout "I told you so! I'm a better fan than you because I never wavered! I never faltered! Now, I will attack you and prove that I'm a better fan! I will start this thread! Watch me! I'll do it!" Get over it guys, it's boring, why don't we talk about how awesome the team is...

Not nearly as tiring, I'll bet, as all of the panic threads when something happens that you don't understand. LEARN SOMETHING.

exstatic
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I like Hill as much as the next man...but are we going to have to endure 65,294 thread resurrections before the end of the season?

Not if the "jump off the cliff" threads end. As long as these threads exist, we'll continue to mock you like the shrieking fools that you all are.

vander
11-29-2008, 04:43 PM
This is the saddest quote of all...you see, if you were a fan from the beginning when the averaged 3-5k fans per night, you loved every member of the team. As they worked they way up, you cheered, you cried, you were happy you were pissed, but each and every player was a SAN ANTONIO SPUR. I love the uniform, thus every player is a SPUR, so they are my team. So ya, every small morsel of talent, keeps you from being a fair weathered fan.

:rollin yes the "I'm a better Fan because I support the team even when they suck" :rolleyes actually you are just a better cash cow :greedy

Sports exist for and because of the fans, and teams must win for and because of the "fair-weather" fans.

you are probably somewhat of a fair weather fan yourself, do you spend the same amount of money on on the spurs regardless of talent and record? did you go to just as many games during the 96-97 season as any other season? did you watch just as many games on TV? buy just as much paraphernalia? do you buy Vaughn Jerseys, or Duncan Jerseys?
and if all of us did those things, the team would have almost no need to find and add talent, we could all be proud, non bandwagon fans of a perennial loser. what a badge of honor :lol

we are all fans of the Spurs' Pursuit to be the best team, and we have every right to get angry or tune out when they fail to put forth adequate effort towards that goal. it's entertainment by competition, it's not a charity.

the Spurs were given an amazing gift in Tim Duncan, we could easily have 7 titles now. the Spurs are the only team since drafting TD that didn't work for their titles: LA went out and GOT their great players, Miami, Detroit, and Boston went out and GOT their championship pieces, the Spurs just sat back, signed second rate players that TD made look good and said "TD! get us another championship!" oh and getting one good PG and one good SG out of non-lottery draft picks in the ensuing 10 years is nothing special, any team can claim equal or greater success.
Take the 97 lottery away from the Spurs and none of the Brilliant FO minds of this organization have NBA jobs anymore, not even Pop.

your "thank you sir, may I have another?" attitude towards the spurs is disgusting

Interrohater
11-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Not nearly as tiring, I'll bet, as all of the panic threads when something happens that you don't understand. LEARN SOMETHING.
What would you like me to learn? The fact that you're just talking out of different orifices? I hope that your life is so much sweeter now that you've told us what's what. I used to think that I was doing ok in this world, but now, I'm not so sure... my initial reaction to the San Antonio Spurs 2008 first round draft pick was an emphatic "Wtf? Who dis dude?", which now makes me question not only my social standing in America, but also my sanity.

How would my life have turned out differently? If I had instead met the draft pick with unbridled enthusiasm instead of skepticism, maybe my remaining days would be filled with hope! Maybe water would taste sweeter, flowers more fragrant, babbling brooks more babbling, maybe the fur of a freshly skinned rabbit would feel softer, I don't know... If only... as I tell all of you this, I am also writing a letter to the Spurs organization for allowing me to remain a fan. The empathy that they feel towards one of their flock gone astray has no bounds. I cannot express my gratitude for this second chance at proving myself to the Spurs faithful. Thank you, for showing me the way... please excuse me, as I will now retire to my quarters, in order to flay myself as punishment for my indiscretions...

exstatic
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
What would you like me to learn?
How about "Don't spazz when the FO does something you don't understand"? Probably beyond your capability though. People like you are just happier freaking out or complaining than actually realizing that our FO knows what they are doing.

sexinthatsx
11-29-2008, 06:41 PM
so after reading dynastys post in the first page regarding drafting CDR, Darell, Chalmers and others over George hill, i was going to unleash a verbal bashing on him, but seeing as to his post getting refuted through many laters posts... i managed to calm down. Crisis averted

Interrohater
11-29-2008, 09:05 PM
How about "Don't spazz when the FO does something you don't understand"? Probably beyond your capability though. People like you are just happier freaking out or complaining than actually realizing that our FO knows what they are doing.
why don't you quote one of my prior posts where I "freaked out". You won't find any.

my2sons
11-30-2008, 01:24 AM
:rollin yes the "I'm a better Fan because I support the team even when they suck" :rolleyes actually you are just a better cash cow :greedy

Sports exist for and because of the fans, and teams must win for and because of the "fair-weather" fans.

you are probably somewhat of a fair weather fan yourself, do you spend the same amount of money on on the spurs regardless of talent and record? did you go to just as many games during the 96-97 season as any other season? did you watch just as many games on TV? buy just as much paraphernalia? do you buy Vaughn Jerseys, or Duncan Jerseys?
and if all of us did those things, the team would have almost no need to find and add talent, we could all be proud, non bandwagon fans of a perennial loser. what a badge of honor :lol

we are all fans of the Spurs' Pursuit to be the best team, and we have every right to get angry or tune out when they fail to put forth adequate effort towards that goal. it's entertainment by competition, it's not a charity.

the Spurs were given an amazing gift in Tim Duncan, we could easily have 7 titles now. the Spurs are the only team since drafting TD that didn't work for their titles: LA went out and GOT their great players, Miami, Detroit, and Boston went out and GOT their championship pieces, the Spurs just sat back, signed second rate players that TD made look good and said "TD! get us another championship!" oh and getting one good PG and one good SG out of non-lottery draft picks in the ensuing 10 years is nothing special, any team can claim equal or greater success.
Take the 97 lottery away from the Spurs and none of the Brilliant FO minds of this organization have NBA jobs anymore, not even Pop.

your "thank you sir, may I have another?" attitude towards the spurs is disgusting

Lets see, I was a season ticket holder from the 21-61 season to the year after the 2nd championship. I had season tickets in all three arenas. I got priced out, but remained a fan. I get just as frustrated, just as elated, but through it all I am a spurs fan first, if that makes you laugh then so be it. I still find your quote quite sad....I've gotten alot of quality memories in my spurs room down to two autographed game jerseys, one of sean and one of malik won at a fan appreciation night at the alamodome. I was able to attend the all star festivities and game, sat through two championships and took my son to game six clincher against the nets. So excuse me if i take exception to your idiotic jabber.