PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trade Nearing?????

mysterious_elf26
02-01-2005, 12:33 PM
The Spurs have reportedly offered Malik Rose to Toronto in exchange for Donyell Marshall.

ducks
02-01-2005, 12:33 PM
source

mysterious_elf26
02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
It was in the Toronto Star, but you have to register.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
to get the info, you must have been registered....post the link.

ducks
02-01-2005, 12:38 PM
that would be hard to ran a business when in canada

nacho estrada
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Bye Malik.. your contract was too fat and your game wasnt.

mysterious_elf26
02-01-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/spurs/rumors.html

It's only a small clip of the article.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I wouldn´t bet money on it. I don´t think Malik is going anywhere.

ducks
02-01-2005, 12:48 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...id=970599119419

Raptors' trade list almost half-dozen
Obvious who doesn't fit into team's future Babcock has string of clubs to talk to before Feb. 24

DOUG SMITH
SPORTS REPORTER

It's clear that Donyell Marshall, Lamond Murray, Aaron Williams and perhaps Eric Williams and even Milt Palacio are not in the long-term Raptor plans centred on turning the team into something more than mere playoff participants.

None are young enough, or under contract for long enough, or good enough, or interested enough in sticking around for the years that the process will take, so general manager Rob Babcock has just 24 days now to start moving them and give coach Sam Mitchell something better to work with.

And some of those moveable parts continue to attract great interest around the NBA, even from opposing players during games.

Marshall would unquestionably welcome a deal, although he has never publicly expressed a desire to be moved. But seeing his minutes yo-yo from one game to the next — a difficult role to accept for someone who thrives on consistent playing time — can be doing nothing to make him consider Toronto a long-term proposition.

The San Antonio Spurs have been added to the list of suitors for Marshall, offering backup big man Malik Rose in return. However, Rose has an untenable contract — three years and almost $20 million (all figures U.S.) — and lacks the athleticism Mitchell wants.

The Heat remain strong suitors, strong enough that sources say players on the Miami team are mystified that Babcock has refused all entreaties for Marshall so far and let the veteran Raptor know that during a game in Toronto last week.

But the Heat offers, which include journeyman backup centre Michael Doleac, has done nothing to catch Babcock's attention.

And if there's one trait the general manager has displayed more than any other since his arrival, it's patience.

He is likely to weigh any offer until much closer to the Feb.24 trade deadline before acting.

Murray, with one season remaining on his contract, will be in the same position a year from now that Marshall is in today, and there's no question he'll leave as a free agent as soon as he can.

He also doesn't have the speed, or enthusiasm, that Mitchell wants and it's become apparent that young Matt Bonner is moving ahead of both Marshall and Murray in the rotation.

"Matt's been great for us," Mitchell said recently.

"He's been a diamond in the rough."

Aaron Williams, who can opt out of his contract this summer, has become little more than a bit player, while Eric Williams has been a disappointment recently.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 12:50 PM
The San Antonio Spurs have been added to the list of suitors for Marshall, offering backup big man Malik Rose in return. However, Rose has an untenable contract — three years and almost $20 million (all figures U.S.) — and lacks the athleticism Mitchell wants.

there it is, right there. Malik is staying put.

ducks
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
But seeing his minutes yo-yo from one game to the next — a difficult role to accept for someone who thrives on consistent playing time — can be doing nothing to make him consider Toronto a long-term proposition

looks like he needs steady minutes to be effective...

Jimcs50
02-01-2005, 12:56 PM
We do not need to trade Rose....he is our lucky charm.

We went 24 yrs w/o a championship, then when we got Rose, we won 2 in 5 yrs.

Nikos
02-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Donyell could provide a long athletic three who can score.

If the Spurs are not going to use Rose it could be a solid acquisition for this team.

I would like Rose to sort of creep in with his old 2002-03 play off the bench. Buts its tough with Robert Horry playing well rounded basketball off the bench. Horry gives the intangibles that Rose does not on a reasonably consistent basis. But Malik offers more energy on the boards.

My head tells me Donyell would be a nice pick up. Very nice in theory, but not sure how he would fit in, and how it would affect a guy like Devin Brown (since he is the 4th swingman/OG).

Would Pop use Donyell primarily at the 3, and at the 4 at times with Duncan if he were a Spur?

Obviously the trade is not likely to happen, just speculating how Pop might use the guy if he were to come aboard.

exstatic
02-01-2005, 01:09 PM
We went 24 yrs w/o a championship, then when we got Rose, we won 2 in 5 yrs.
I prefer the "Lucky Tim" theory. :lol

Incidentally, if this trade were to happen, just hand SA the O'Brien. The only hole that SA really has is that they have no "Big" SF. Marshall can guard the Dirks, KGs, and other big perimeter players either on the perimeter or in the post. He shoots the trey with ease, and rebounds hugely for a SF.

Oh, and Malik Rose is small for a PF, but he's athletic as hell. He can run the floor and jump out of the gym for someone who's realisticly 6'4", maybe 6'5".

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Actually Lik has about 4 years and $26.5 million left on his contract after this season.

Lik gives you a forward who can go big and small. He's also a proven playoff performer, unlike some other regular season warriors. It seems like some Spurs fans have forgotten what kind of a hoss Lik has been in the postseason, including the two championship runs. If I need a guy to come in and provide a presence up front I think Lik, not Donyell Marshall. I for one do not find it desirable to see the team drop playoff performers just because they are too cheap to afford the average salary for 4 more seasons.

But fans are fans. They'll fall in love with the Danny Ferrys and Steve Kerrs of the league and dump on everyone else.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 01:24 PM
That would be a great trade for us, I hope Toronto is dumb enough to bite.

Mr. Body
02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Why in the world would Toronto make this trade? No way.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 01:29 PM
The Spurs already have a lanky forward who can fake being a bigman at times with an outside touch.

This trade would pretty much blow. The only reason the Spurs would do it is because they can get the remaining 4 years of Malik's deal off their cap. Considering that the Spurs are going to be capped out for some time now thanks to TD, TP, Manu, and Rasho there really isn't a cap reason to move Malik. But there is the cheapness factor, and someone's gotta pay for that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Again, why does it blow? Because you love Rose? Do you know anything about basketball outside San Antonio? Donyell would be a great pickup for this team.

We don't have a lanky forward with an outside touch. I guess Linton *could* be that guy, but we haven't even seen him on a court this year, so that remains to be seen.

It has nothing to do with being cheap, it has to do with moving guys who are not performing relative to their contract, especially when there is someone in the pipe (Scola) who would be able to do the same for cheaper.

This is part of the problem with Spurs fans, they grow so enamored with our vaunted role players, they can't see outside the silver and black box.

Nikos
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Well Donyell is a better scorer right now then Horry. If Donyell can guard 3s reasonably, then he could be an asset for this team. But we will see. I am interested to see if Malik can give the team what he did in 0203 in a few less minutes. He still can be an asset as a rebounder, and on nights when the team needs energy off the bench. Horry gives energy, but more of balanced/intangible type.

I wonder what Pop will do with Rose as the season progresses.

*Note, Donyell did very solid in the Utah Jazz system that was very good offensively. He also gave them solid rebounding and efficient scoring/shooting. I think he still has good ability left in him. He can provide rebounding and dependable shooting and scoring.

But who knows? I doubt this trade goes through.

Useruser666
02-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Maybe the title should read "Possible Tirade Nearing???

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Again, why does it blow? Because you love Rose? Do you know anything about basketball outside San Antonio? Donyell would be a great pickup for this team.

Uh I know a bit more than you. You've yet to address any of my arguments. Also, am not in San Antonio and have forgotten more basketball than your young ass believes he knows.

We don't have a lanky forward with an outside touch. I guess Linton *could* be that guy, but we haven't even seen him on a court this year, so that remains to be seen.

Horry, Robert.

It has nothing to do with being cheap, it has to do with moving guys who are not performing relative to their contract, especially when there is someone in the pipe (Scola) who would be able to do the same for cheaper.

Ha.

This is part of the problem with Spurs fans, they grow so enamored with our vaunted role players, they can't see outside the silver and black box.

Look, you are consistently one of the worst posters in this forum when it comes to analyzing the game. I find myself often laughing at your gibberish. "Marks > Rose" about sums up what you know about the game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 01:47 PM
You've yet to address any of my arguments.

What is that? What is it that Malik brings to this team that Donyell couldn't?

Horry, Robert.

Again, Horry can't guard the athletic threes, like Rashard, Marion, etc.

I'm glad you laugh out loud at my "gibberish", so does Spursgal, doesn't mean she knows shit about basketball.

As for Marks > Rose, obviously I'm not the only one that thinks so, because our coaching staff isn't playing Rose for one, and for another I don't see the Spurs team (especially Duncan) bitching about Rose not playing in favor of Marks.

Face it - Rose has been a zero this year. Marks isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but he's not screwing up and isn't trying to play above his head, so he's already got more going for him than Rose.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 01:47 PM
$26.5 million

which is about $29.9 million CAD

can't see Toronto doing that.

Uh I know a bit more than you.

By what basis are you measuring this?

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
What is that? What is it that Malik brings to this team that Donyell couldn't?

Let's start with the physical presence and yes, playoff performance. Malik Rose has definitely been the most consistent playoff performer outside of Tim Duncan during his career in San Antonio. I want players who will show up when it is time to win. You want fucking competitors. Also, Malik is much more physical in the paint than Marshall could ever hope to be.

Again, Horry can't guard the athletic threes, like Rashard, Marion, etc.

And Donyell Marshall can? Get a grip.

I'm glad you laugh out loud at my "gibberish", so does Spursgal, doesn't mean she knows shit about basketball.

More gibberish. Stick with Spursgal, she's more your speed.

As for Marks > Rose, obviously I'm not the only one that thinks so, because our coaching staff isn't playing Rose for one, and for another I don't see the Spurs team (especially Duncan) bitching about Rose not playing in favor of Marks.

Malik's on the trading block numbnuts.

Face it - Rose has been a zero this year. Marks isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but he's not screwing up and isn't trying to play above his head, so he's already got more going for him than Rose.

Oh yes, if Malik isn't perfect then he's fucking up. So let's get a bigman in here whose only redeeming quality is that he can play 23 feet away from the basket.

Fucking boxscore bullshitter.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Just because you say you have more basketball knowledge doesn't mean you do.

I've laid it all out there...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9989

f Malik isn't perfect then he's fucking up

Fuck the box score. Did the old Malik, the one we all loved, the one who hustled, ever do shit like the other night when he screwed up, pulled his jersey over his head about it, while his man ran to the other end and scored? Hell no, he hustled his ass back.

Go to the other thread, I've laid it all out there. Malik's stats are on statistical decay the last two years, and if you've been watching the games, the reasons we gave him the contract (you know, hustle, garbage rebounds and buckets) isn't there.

And finally, the game has evolved since 02-03 (Malik's last decent season), there is more length and athetlicism on western front lines, which greatly trumps Malik's 6'3" frame and "short warrior" mentality.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Just because you say you have more basketball knowledge doesn't mean you do.

Yet, I do when compared to you.

I've laid it all out there...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9989

And I've ripped it all up there.

Fuck the box score.

Funny, you were going by the box score in the other thread.

Did the old Malik, the one we all loved, the one who hustled, ever do shit like the other night when he screwed up, pulled his jersey over his head about it, while his man ran to the other end and scored? Hell no, he hustled his ass back.

Was the old Lik on the trade block 24/7 before? Christ man this has been going on for two years now. Oh no he made a miscue in a regular season game, we can't have that. If every other Spur was subjected to the nitpicking that Rose is then everyone would end up being benched.

Go to the other thread, I've laid it all out there. Malik's stats are on statistical decay the last two years, and if you've been watching the games, the reasons we gave him the contract (you know, hustle, garbage rebounds and buckets) isn't there.

Oh so now the boxscore matters.

And finally, the game has evolved since 02-03 (Malik's last decent season), there is more length and athetlicism on western front lines, which greatly trumps Malik's 6'3" frame and "short warrior" mentality.

Ha. The Spurs offense has "evolved" in a way that suits Malik even more.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:21 PM
So oh great one, how do we quantify what makes a great player.

I mean, if the box scores don't matter, Rose > Duncan. Rose > Shaq. Rose > Amare. Rose > O'Neal. I mean, he used to hustle.

Good call.

How has the Spurs O evolved in a way that suits Rose? He's only good from about fifteen feet in, hardly enough room to space the floor for Duncan.

In case you didn't notice, this is still about the postseason. Teams are going to pack the lane on us. It's how LA shut down Tim and Tony last year, and it's the only way to shut down all our motion and back cuts that lead to layups, etc.

In short, the ring is still going to come down to the Spurs outside shooters freeing the lane. Rose can't do that. He can't rebound, big guys have been jumping/reaching over him for the last two years. He can't D up, people just turn and shoot over him.

Have you even been watching Spurs ball the last year and a half, or just watching your Title Town DVD over and over?

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Yet, I do when compared to you.

according to who?

and again, what basis of measurement are you using to determine you know more than AHF or anyone else for that matter?

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh good a wiseguy. If you think AHF's posts have merit that says it all.

dougp
02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Then why can't he perform coming off the bench consistently? Barry has come off the bench performing better than him, while maybe a different position, he sure is having better stats, and he started off crappier than Malik has been, and Barry is older and in his first year with the spurs. Why we signed Malik to such a long contract, I don't know ... He needs to go for someone who's younger who can fall into place of being a consistant bench player in his position who can sub in as a big man, which obviously they feel this Raptor can do much better than Rose.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:29 PM
The only one I see on here agreeing with you (at least until Spurgal gets here) is yourself.

I don't think he's being wise, just waiting like me for you to bring anything other than "Holt's cheap, you're an Aggie, Malik did a great job two years ago that justifies his pay now" to the table.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Its not a matter of being a wiseguy. It's just a simple question. You claim that you know more that AHF, I was just curious as to how you came to this conclusion. No where in any post did you state that you were expressing an opinion so I can only guess you feel you are stating fact. If that is the case, then a fact can be proven. I invite you to do so.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:32 PM
So oh great one, how do we quantify what makes a great player.

I mean, if the box scores don't matter, Rose > Duncan. Rose > Shaq. Rose > Amare. Rose > O'Neal. I mean, he used to hustle.

Good call.

Antoine Carr once averaged 20 points a game for an entire season. Antoine Carr.

How has the Spurs O evolved in a way that suits Rose? He's only good from about fifteen feet in, hardly enough room to space the floor for Duncan.

In case you haven't noticed the Spurs have been enjoying a lot more opportunities to finish at the rim. Also, for all of those incredible outside looks they are shooting much worse from beyond the arc then they have in the past. Malik is the type of 4 you want when you are playing an open court game. If the game slows down then you have yourself a physical big, not a Robert Horry who is bound to get worked over inside.

In case you didn't notice, this is still about the postseason. Teams are going to pack the lane on us. It's how LA shut down Tim and Tony last year, and it's the only way to shut down all our motion and back cuts that lead to layups, etc.

Yes, and last postseason the Spurs were worked over inside and eliminated by a team with a much more physical frontcourt.

In short, the ring is still going to come down to the Spurs outside shooters freeing the lane. Rose can't do that. He can't rebound, big guys have been jumping/reaching over him for the last two years. He can't D up, people just turn and shoot over him.

Here we go again, the refuge of a basketball ignoramus: shooting. Shooting is a byproduct of interior play. If you have nothing going inside, no physical presence up front, then your shooters aren't going to get quality looks.

Have you even been watching Spurs ball the last year and a half, or just watching your Title Town DVD over and over?

The sad thing is that you've been watching Spurs basketball and are still unable to figure it out.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Its not a matter of being a wiseguy. It's just a simple question. You claim that you know more that AHF, I was just curious as to how you came to this conclusion. No where in any post did you state that you were expressing an opinion so I can only guess you feel you are stating fact. If that is the case, then a fact can be proven. I invite you to do so.

You know what, you spend the rest of this afternoon worrying about it.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't need to...you are the one who made the claim and you are the one either unable or unwilling to back it up. So either you are a retard or a coward. I will let you choose.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh I figured it out just fine.

Malik isn't giving us anything anywhere. How can you say you've been watching the games?

Guys shoot over him on offense. They reach/jump over him for boards. They block his shots without even jumping (it usually helps though that Rose is trying to go up with all of his 6'3" on 2-3 guys). He has no range to space the floor.

Fuck man, I can't help if you can't open your eyes. If you're gonna be so condescending, at least actually have some semblance of an argument to stand on. You don't (unless you want to talk about '01-'02, then you got me there).

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
:lol

either you are a retard or a coward.

I'm done with this argument. Sparky hasn't proven a thing other than he has the classic NBAdanesque "I'm right, you're wrong" argument down pat.

I've got better things to do with my afternoon than beat up a defenseless loon.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't need to...you are the one who made the claim and you are the one either unable or unwilling to back it up. So either you are a retard or a coward. I will let you choose.

And you're a fat fuck who's worried about what basis I have for a little smack talk on a messageboard.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:40 PM
:lol

I'm done with this argument. Sparky hasn't proven a thing other than he has the classic NBAdanesque "I'm right, you're wrong" argument down pat.

More gibberish.

I've got better things to do with my afternoon than beat up a defenseless loon.

Yeah, gotta please some sheep no doubt.

Gummi
02-01-2005, 02:40 PM
It would be a great trade for us, I think. We would get a big SF that's capable of playing the 4. I haven't seen too many games with the Raptors this season, but Marshall has been in the league for years and I've seen him play many times and I like what he brings to a team. His outside shooting is his main weapon, he runs the floor pretty well to.

But it would surprise me if the Raptors would take Malik's contract for an expiring contract. If it will happen it would be great for us, getting a player that can contribute right away and we also get an expiring contract that would ease our cap. Plus, in my opinion Marshall is a better player overall and suits us better, taller and has range in his shot.

But like many here, I doubt it will happen.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 02:42 PM
It's not smack talk when you're getting your ass beat as bad you are Sparky.

Ouch, the vaunted "sheep" insult. Well, you definitely got me there.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Beaten? By you? Ha. You wish little sheepfucker.

samikeyp
02-01-2005, 02:47 PM
And you're a fat fuck who's worried about what basis I have for a little smack talk on a messageboard.

:lol ooh! What's next genius? Nanny nanny boo boo? Dude, I think you are late for study hall! :rolleyes

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey, it's good enough for you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:02 PM
So far two people have shot you down.

One's now a sheepfucker, the other a fat fuck.

Gee, and I wonder who feels that they've lost the argument.

I'd hate to hear what you have to say about:

Pop, for not playing him
Tim, for not backing him up
TMass, for beating him out
Marks, for beating him out
Horry, for beating him out

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually Lik has about 4 years and $26.5 million left on his contract after this season.

Lik gives you a forward who can go big and small. He's also a proven playoff performer, unlike some other regular season warriors. It seems like some Spurs fans have forgotten what kind of a hoss Lik has been in the postseason, including the two championship runs. If I need a guy to come in and provide a presence up front I think Lik, not Donyell Marshall. I for one do not find it desirable to see the team drop playoff performers just because they are too cheap to afford the average salary for 4 more seasons.

But fans are fans. They'll fall in love with the Danny Ferrys and Steve Kerrs of the league and dump on everyone else.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
So far two people have shot you down.

One's now a sheepfucker, the other a fat fuck.

Gee, and I wonder who feels that they've lost the argument.

I'd hate to hear what you have to say about:

Pop, for not playing him
Tim, for not backing him up
TMass, for beating him out
Marks, for beating him out
Horry, for beating him out

You're not really this stupid, are you?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to bring myself down to your level. Not a damn thing you've said on any of the three posts could be classified as anything other than "stupid."

I mean look at your comment on Ferry/Kerr. Spurs fans love them because they contributed significantly to a past Spurs title run.

It's about the only reason I can tell so far that you love Rose for, maybe you should look in the mirror.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
You still believe the Spurs were eliminated last year because the shooters went cold, not because the Spurs didn't get enough penetration from their guards which was due in no small part to the lack of physicality in their frontcourt last year.

As long as your starting center is Rasho Nesterovic you need a physical reserve. But you also need one who can beat a 3 toed sloth (or Sean Marks) down the court.

Also, believing that Sean Marks beat anyone out for a spot in the rotation is grounds for dismissal from this forum, I would think.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I think a poll of any living, breathing, basketball fan would say that our inability to hit an outside shot was our downfall on offense.

Penetration? You're right, LA packed the lane on Tony and Tim, but our outside shooters couldn't do anything to free that clusterfuck inside.

We've got all the big men we need in Massenberg, Horry, and Rasho to go along with TD. Look around at the other western front lines, we're more than adequately covered as long as Tim is healthy (and if he goes down we've got bigger problems than a quality big man).

As for dismissal from the forum, and arguments, you're the one whose sole points on Rose > Marshall consist of epithets about sheep fucking, fat fucks, being an Aggie. Spare me the fucking 'tard rhetoric.

Sean Marks has beat out Rose in the rotation on the sole fact he doesn't make mistakes. He's not a positive difference maker on this squad, but he's not a negative difference maker, which is what Rose is right now.

I'm sorry you're so enamored with your Malik Rose travel mug to comprehend.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
TORONTO,trying to make a trade hell they are only 3and half games out of first place in their division 17 and 27. MALIK puts them over the top.Yea right trade won't happend.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I think a poll of any living, breathing, basketball fan would say that our inability to hit an outside shot was our downfall on offense.

Oh yes, the Spurs magically got cold from the outside. How simple, let's just get better shooters. Funny how in 2003 they weren't collectively cold against LA, yet in 2001, 2002, and 2004 they were. Gosh, I hate it when that happens.

Interesting how when the Spurs had their best PF/C rotation and the Lakers had their weakest that the Spurs shot the best they ever did against LA in the postseason. Simply a matter of coincidence, I suppose.

Penetration? You're right, LA packed the lane on Tony and Tim, but our outside shooters couldn't do anything to free that clusterfuck inside.

Your outside shooters can't do anything because they got a man in their face since your opponent owns the paint. This is why you want a much more physical frontcourt so that you can open up the paint to penetration which of course in turn will help get your shooters open looks. The offense doesn't start from 20 feet away. It starts at the rim and works it way out to the shooters eventually.

We've got all the big men we need in Massenberg, Horry, and Rasho to go along with TD. Look around at the other western front lines, we're more than adequately covered as long as Tim is healthy (and if he goes down we've got bigger problems than a quality big man).

Massenburg is a clod. There's a time and a place for someone like him, as either a 4th or 5th big. Horry and Rasho are finesse bigs.

As for dismissal from the forum, and arguments, you're the one whose sole points on Rose > Marshall consist of epithets about sheep fucking, fat fucks, being an Aggie. Spare me the fucking 'tard rhetoric.

Yeah, how dare I call you an Aggie.

Sean Marks has beat out Rose in the rotation on the sole fact he doesn't make mistakes.

hahhahaha heeehee. oh yes. Marks doesn't make mistakes, he only moves at the speed of a kimodo dragon.

He's not a positive difference maker on this squad, but he's not a negative difference maker, which is what Rose is right now.

I'm sorry you're so enamored with your Malik Rose travel mug to comprehend.

Oh yes, Malik is such a negative presence. And Dubya's a great president.

Jdspur20
02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
this trade won't happen, plus, were 37-10, if the system works, don't try to fix it.

usckk
02-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm 100% sure this trade will not happen.

CosmicCowboy
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
San Antonio trades: PF Malik Rose (5.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 16.3 minutes)
San Antonio receives: PF Donyell Marshall (10.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.5 ppg, +2.4 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall (10.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.3 minutes)
Toronto receives: PF Malik Rose (5.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 16.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.5 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to San Antonio and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. San Antonio and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 2219673

the numbers work but Toronto will want a sweetener...either a two for two taking back a slug for talent or a quality pick with a high percentage of making it in the NBA like Scola...

you guys still want to do this trade if the Spurs had to throw in Scola to make it happen?

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
It's already bad enough without putting Scola in the mix. The last thing the Spurs need to be doing as long as Rasho Nesterovic is their starting center is getting lighter in the frontcourt.

usckk
02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
The Spurs won't do that. Trust me. Scola is very important to the Spurs future.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I feel for you Marcus, I really do.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 04:30 PM
The Spurs won't do that. Trust me. Scola is very important to the Spurs future.

You're right. The Spurs can pay him much less than Rose and while they won't get the physical player they need, he'll give them the payroll they seek.

T Park
02-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I feel for you Marcus, I really do.

I was gonna point out that this guy's arguments were the same as Marcus, and that he sounded like marcus in his childish arguements.

Id do this trade in a New York minute.

Malik Rose has regressed to the point of no return.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh good, another ignoramus who can't analyze the game to save his life.

usckk
02-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Economically, this trade is definintely beneficial for the Spurs.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Right, but should we want the Spurs to be cheap just to be cheap?

T Park
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I would do this trade, Donyell Marshall can bring it defensively and offensively and is a good rebounder.

But the only thing is, isnt it odd the guy has been with so many teams?

I would be concerned about team chemistry with a guy like that.

But this trade makes sense.

To think Malik's bad play is blamed on his "contract" is pathetic.

Malik's bad play is Malik trying to do way too damn much.

But of course, you know wayyyyy so much than us, the self proclaimed "Retired" genius.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Gee, there couldn't possibly be any connection between the sturm und drang about Lik's contract and his desire to do too much on the court, now could there be?

Even a bump on a log like you should be able to see that.

T Park
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
The pathetic play could be the corrolation?

Nah, his play has nothing to do with it.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
What "pathetic play"? Lik's game hasn't changed. He's been as aggressive as he's always been, as prone to both miscue as to pulling down the offensive board of the game.

You can't even describe how you allege his game has changed. You know jack about the game other than that young black men are cool so long as you don't have to acknowledge them as equal human beings.

SequSpur
02-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Is Dizzg down with this deal?

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:30 PM
You can't even describe how you allege his game has changed

maybe his increasing turnovers, along with his childish stupid act of pulling the jersey over his head are the reasons sir.

Once again, I respectfull ask you to stop calling me a racist.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Lik's always turned the ball over a few times a game. Nothing new.

I'll call you what you are you little turd now go wash your sheets.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE]I'll call you what you are you little turd now go wash your sheets[QUOTE]

And you call me and aggie idiots, with intelligent witty banter like this??

Whatever.

Loose your attitude Marcus, just because someone disagrees with you doesnt mean you need to cop the stupid act.

Quit the BS.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:35 PM
I only call you what is appropriate.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I am not a Racist jerk face.

You need proof and a "Link" To prove that one.

SPARKY
02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Uh oh someone's mad.

T Park
02-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Not at all.

I wouldn't let your stupid banter to effect me.

BTW, what happened to being "retired" eh Magic?

usckk
02-01-2005, 08:55 PM
We shouldn't argue over this anymore. This trade will NOT happen.