PDA

View Full Version : 2 month ago

Frenchise player
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Parker was carrying a heavy burden, his big contract was bringing a lot of expectations and he was disapointing during November.
He had only 12.8 points and 5.1 assists for the 15 first games.

Well, since then for the next 32 games, between the 1st december and game against 76ers to 31th January, game against Seattle, he had an average of 17points and 6.7 assist, shooting 49% from the field in 33.5 minutes. His defense and rebounds number have improved too.
But the most important is that he seems to be a lot more consistent.
Fot the 2 last month, he had play only 4 games under 10 points:
@Phoenix (maybee because of a flu)
vs. Lakers when he took only 4 shoots and dished 10 assist mainly to Bowen who overscored KB this game.
@Sacramento and @Houston, two ugly loss for the Spurs.
He also had only 5 games dishing under 5 assists:
@ Phoenix, @ Portland and vs Portland when he scored 29, 18 and 20 points
@ Sacramento and vs Seattle, two loss for the Spurs.

Unlike some posters keep arguing in this forum, tp did improve since last year, and that is all the more more impressive that he has to share the ball with Manu who is being fantastic lately.
The real reason why Spurs are having their best start is the improvement in Manu and Tony game, thanks to Duncan who knows unlike other Stars (KG) to let his teamates grows.
I am looking forward to the playoffs and hope that Parker will continue to put on impressives numbers when it really counts.

boutons
02-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Tim, Tony, and Manu are a powerful trio, which makes me regret even more that Rasho has gotten worse in the 2nd Spur year, when I was sure he would get better.

Rasho putting up his MIN numbers and playing Spurs defense would make a fearsome foursome for years to come.

Phenomanul
02-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Tim, Tony, and Manu are a powerful trio, which makes me regret even more that Rasho has gotten worse in the 2nd Spur year, when I was sure he would get better.

Rasho putting up his MIN numbers and playing Spurs defense would make a fearsome foursome for years to come.

Rasho will improve... count on it... If only he would dunk more often... Maybe I should let him use my prototype shoe without anybody knowing about it... :spin