Conversation Between DUNCANownsKOBE2 and JMarkJohns

153 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. I've heard Carson to Oregon will pick up steam within a few months. He wanted to play with Brown, and Brown's at Oregon. He had previously been committed to Oregon State, so it's not like he wouldn't want to leave Arizona.

Plus Oregon has Nike money...
  2. http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DougHaller/102322

"he wants to make sure he has 'someone who's going to be there for the journey with me.'"

I'm glad we don't have to deal with this guy's crap. When Nick Johnson commits here Carson immediately drops UA outa the race because he doesn't wanna share the ball with another good perimeter player, now suddenly he's waiting to sign with ASU because he doesn't wanna be the only good player. My gut also tells me that if his grandma's favorite number was 43, he wouldn't be making a fuss about being #43, he just knows that the only way he won't look like a jackass demanding the #1 jersey is if he uses some sob story about his grandma to justify it.

A recruit who thinks he's earned the right to request who he wants to play with and whines about stupid things like wearing #1 is someone I'll gladly pass up, especially when Josiah Turner is a better player anyway.
  3. Did you get my message to your Steve Kerr handle? Check it out if not...

The hilarity of it all is that Brown told Sendeck he was gonna commit to ASU upon leaving his official last week. He told Jahii Carson as well. Whoops!

Like I was saying earlier about my concerns, I have no doubt Phil Knight flashed some immediate and future cash his way, because Oregon went from never being in the picture two weeks ago, to landing him today. As I suspected, he was one to be bought, not won over, which is why several of his named "leaders" dropped him shortly after being named such. ASU prolly dodged a violations bullet, but sucks to be them.

HAHAHAHAHA!
  4. lol, ASU can't even get Jabari Brown.
  5. UA backed off early. Like over a year ago. He named them publicly as favorites and a week later UA stopped recruiting. It's just real fishy. He's a top-10 talent with NBA potential, and then a second of his public leaders, Washington, decided to take two other wings instead before Brown had a chance to commit.

Something is going on. If you're a top-10 talent and Caltucky isn't anywhere near, it might be real bad...
  6. UA backed off probably because they're out of scholarships due to fuckin Jamele Horne taking a free fuckin pizza.
  7. Dude, I'm not sure how, but ASU is about to land a top-10 wing from 2011, Nick Johnson and Josiah Turner's AAU teammate, Jabari Brown (6-5, 215). If King stays for a second season and ol' Herbie can net a big man of any quality, they will be damn good. Assuming he qualifies, but it sounds like he will.

Still, there's something there. Top-10 talent who named UA a favorite, then UA quickly backed off. That just doesn't happen. Not even Caltucky is going near him.
  8. I'm impressed with the fortitude of Foles. He's had two late-4th game-winning drives. That's great to see, but the offense was terrible. Bug needs to be replaced as returner, as he's fumbling them way too often. I think he's had three in four games.

The defense is beastin' right now. Not necessarily surprised, but I'm a little shocked that they are this good this early. They were almost half new starters, but they play so well together it's like they've been playing with each other for a few seasons. The linebackers have really added a lot. You forget how valuable quick/smart LBs are after you haven't had one or the other kind for a while.

On another bright side, LMAO Threet, LOL Burfect... The Scummies had the Ducks on the ropes, and neither sides "leader" stepped up, so the team choked.
  9. Damn, the way this defense is playing is unreal. Holding Vereen to below 4 yards a carry after the train he ran on them last year, who woulda thought that? All those sweeps they were running to test a defense they thought was slow went nowhere, Earls kept beating Vereen to the outside. The D-line also hasn't missed a beat with Washington replacing Mitchell.

IMO this is good timing for a bye week, as good as the D has played it's not gonna hold Oregon or Stanford to 9 points, the offense needs to play better. It couldn't be a better scenario, they got the win but played shitty enough that they'll stay motivated, and hopefully Criner + Cobb can get healthy so the passing game is ready to go against OSU.
  10. Fall signing is done with Johnson, Johnson and Turner. No Nash... Still recruiting centers for spring in case of transfer or eary entry. No specifics on Nash, but he was always a longshot. Baylor is spending a lot to build there program, though.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 153
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast