Conversation Between TeyshaBlue and George Gervin's Afro

8 Visitor Messages

1. Nothing yet. She walked by her principal last night on the way out of work and she, the principal, inidcated there was nothing yet. The school board voted Monday night on the 58 positions that they were going to eliminate. My spouse is an ESL teacher so she is still sweating it a bit. We are hopeful to know by the end of the day. I will be wayching my phone from 3:20 on.. Plus the last couple of days have been TAKS testing days so they are preoccupied with that.
  2. Hey man...what's the verdict?
  3. I've got friends in Katy, and Missouri City. They teach in Katy. Maybe I ought give them a shout this evening and see if they got hit. Best of luck to your wife. 20 years is nothing to sneeze at. She's lasted 10 years longer than I did.

We live in North Richland Hills...it's a suburb of Ft. Worth and a hell of alot less humid than Katy.
  4. I will. I live in Katy which is suburb of Houston. She has been teaching for 20 years and doesn't know how to do anything else. Teaching jobs in Texas will be hard to come by in the near future. We shoud know this evening. What sucks is that if we dodge the bullet someone else caught so it is bitter sweet. where do you guys live?
  5. Man, I hope she can dodge the bullet. Positive vibes amigo. You're in the HOU area, right? Surely there's some gigs she can pick up, but I'm sure the whole commuting scenario must be a nightmare. Everything's good up here....but I continue to knock on wood. Let me know how it turns out.
  6. Nothing much. Losing my sanity in dealing with jacksommerset.. My spouse is sweating her job today. her school district will anounce today which teachers will be layed off. Needless to say we are both a little anxious. You?
  7. And LnGrrrR is just fishing for kid compliments.
  8. 'sup GGA!?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8