Conversation Between baseline bum and Agloco

60 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Don't sweat it man, if you don't have a recommendation right off hand that you studied and enjoyed.
  2. I'll look into it BB. Sorry I didn't get back to you. Been kinda absent minded of late.
  3. Hey man, what's a good book for fluid dynamics? Something at say the Goldstein level, and it's gotta have exercises.
  4. Oh, and as far as the Jackson book goes, some programs teach dynamics as upper division elective course. It's correct that its graduate level material though.
  5. Which bitch, son? I like relativity myself tbh

6. Oh wow, I thought Jackson was the graduate E&M book. What comes next, besides independent research?
  7. Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't thank you for the diff cal link. I'm a big fan of examples and problem sets. One of the challenges in teaching applied science (especially one as esoteric as MRI) is that there is a dearth of available exercises and you wind up spending an inordinate amount of time thinking up problems of appropriate/adequate difficulty.
  8. I'd think you could go to Jackson. I might be mistaken, but as I understand it was built as a bridge to graduate level E&M. I'm biased though: I'm not in love with the methodologies that Griffith employs with it's examples. They're much too basic and don't really give one a good feel for where to go for a solution.
  9. Hey man, after having finished Purcell is there any reason to mess around with Griffith's, or can one realistically skip that shit and go straight to Jackson?
  10. I don't know if I have shown you this before, but I remember you asking me about introductions to tensors for your students. This 6 week minicourse on multivariable differential calculus is pretty awesome for introducing total derivatives of functions from R^n to R as tensors.

http://ximera.osu.edu/course/kisonec...ivity/welcome/

It's kind of buggy, but it's like going through a workbook like back in third grade. I think it's a pretty effective way to learn since you're doing problems the whole time.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 60
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast