Conversation Between mrsmaalox and DeadlyDynasty

6 Visitor Messages

1. Thank you for the kind words and your time. From what the doc said, the clots are completely gone now---but who's to say how long he had them and the necrosis svsrtit led to. He lost a lot of weight though and his fur is becoming thinner/rougher/patchier. Surprisingly, he takes the needle like a champ--just flattens out like a pancake when i administer it to him. The oral/appetite encouragement pill is hell to get in him to take, however. He's been great lately too--high energy, wants to eat everything in sight, So try to remain optimistic
  2. Hmmm. I think they are the same, at least from what I found after a quick search which I'm sure you did also. If it was my cat, I'd feel comfortable using what you have access to. 100cc sounds like a big bolus for a small cat, do you give it in divided doses? I'd need the Crocodile Hunter to restrain my cats for anything like that lol. Blood clots on kidneys don't eventually resolve themselves? Unless there's some kind of vascular thing like some weird angioma or something, I'd think a clot hemolyzes and reabsorbs after time. Strange. I'm sorry about your kitty, hope everything goes okay for you guys.
  3. MM, I have a question for you that my veterninarian could not answer. I have a young cat (2 y/o) who was recently found to have bilateral blood clots in his kidneys--causing significantly impaired kidney function. The docs gave him a prognosis between 2 months and 2 years (wtf, right?). Anyways, he's been home for awhile and receiving roughly 100ccs of LR (subcu) a day, a long with an appetite pill. MY QUESTION IS: What's the difference between Vet LR and regular human ringers? the vet stuff is starting to cost me a lot, while I have an endless supply of regular LR at home/work. Thanks maalox
  4. yup, Dilantin. Pretty crazy that there's been amputations b/c of it though. Nver seen it myself, but I have seen an RN try to give it through a saline lock (w/ no NSS running). The pt was in a ton of pain and the doc had the nurse promptly moved out of the ED
  5. From IV Dilantin right? I have seen a couple of very mild cases that resolved, but I have heard about some really gross cases that resulted in amputations.
  6. Kind of an odd question, but have you ever seen Purple Glove Syndrome? I ask b/c we were discussing psych/seizure meds in another thread.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6