Conversation Between JMarkJohns and DUNCANownsKOBE

298 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. and Mora might be leaving for Texas. If that's the case we'll be contenders to win the Pac 12 South after Todd "Dennis Erickson pt. 2" Graham starts going downhill.
  2. Tabor! Holy shit!
  3. Winslow liked AZ, maybe even a bit more, but mama liked Duke for K and academics. Mama won out.

Turner is a tough pull. Kansas still in there, and Kentucky and Ohio State make sense, and SMU is recruiting/paying at a level that's tough to beat.

Vaughn is interesting. He's at Findlay now, so Miller will be at his games a lot. So we shall see. That said, guard isn't a huge need. I'd imagine a PF/C is more likely, possibly a grad transfer.

PG: McConnell (sr), PJC (fr), Allen (tr-jr)
    SG: N.Johnson (sr), York (jr), Pitts (so)
    SF: S.Johnson (fr)...
    PF: Jefferson (so), Victor (fr)
    C: Tarczewski (jr), Korcheck (sr), Peters (rs-so)

That's 12. It allows for the unlikely possibility of either Gordon or Ashley returning, or that mystery big.

Allen is tearing up JuCo. Hard to say with him at this level, but he is scoring, passing, defending at JuCo player of the year levels.
  4. Sucks to lose out on Winslow. Do we have any kind of a shot at either Turner or Vaughn?
  5. Rotation will figure itself out. I personally like:

TJ
    Johnson
    Jefferson
    Gordon
    Ashley

With York, Peters, Tarczewski off the bench for 12-24 minutes per. Though Miller loves Pitts, who might get some time at backup PG.

Mayes is a lost cause. It's a shame, because his freshman year was very promising. But he can't run an offense, create for himself, or shoot consistently.

York can do the latter two, Johnson can run PG for 8 minutes a night.

PG: MConnell (32), Johnson (8)
    SG: Johnson (22), York (18)
    SF: Jefferson (25), Gordon (15)
    PF: Gordon (14), Ashley (14), Peters (12)
    C: Ashley (16), Tarczewski (24)

Not sure it happens, but that's my ideal.
  6. Granted it was Cal Poly, Aaron Gordon looked better than any freshman I can remember, and McConnell is infinitely better at feeding the post than Lyons was

Do you think the 3-guard lineup is something they do long term? With all the elite teams who have size this year I'd like to see Jefferson/Gordon move into the lineup over York at some point, and given how bad Mayes looked we need another guard off the bench.
  7. Surprise commit...

2014 JuCo comboguard, Kadeem Allen (6-3, 180) just committed to Arizona. Currently ranked as top JuCo wing in nation. Averaged 17 PPG, 5 RPG, 4 APG, 2 SPG and made all defensive team. Long arms. Frame and game reminds me of Leandro Barbosa at his best. Slick in traffic, quality finisher around rim, good underneath passer, good jumpshot when spotting up. No idea if he's a retard like Barbosa, but looks quick, crafty with the ball.

He was the best player on his North Carolina title-winning HS team, had bad grades, but has improved and had offers from Arizona, Kansas, Indiana, and interest from Louisville after freshman season.

Kind of wish he was on this years team. Oh well.
  8. Arizona landed Victor when when everyone thought LSU.

Tonight it lost Kameron Chatman to Michigan.

Stunned. Pretty mad Miller disallowed Paul White to commit for Chatman. Oh well. It was going to be a very packed rotation. Guess it scared him off.
  9. Look out Thursday. Another top-25 commit, Kam Chatman, is likely deciding Wednesday, announcing Thursday.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 298
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast