Conversation Between Kori Ellis and baseline bum

11 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Kori, can you change my screenname to QuanellX ? I keep getting people asking me about the baseline bums like I'm in it.
  2. I'm not sure. I think they are in being brought back, but I'll have to ask LJ.
  3. Did the mini forums get scrapped? I know they weren't too busy anymore.
  4. I could see that; it seems like they could have been setting up that storyline in season 4 with Cutty talking about how he wanted to get his own truck for the landscaping business. Overall though, I think it would have been a tough fit. It would have definitely had to tie into Carcetti's bid for governor and been one of the weak points for his campaign, but that would have forced them into writing his official campaign way earlier than it should have been. It would have been weird to see him as an official candidate so quickly without much time spent on his mayoral work, and then to have his mayoral work take center stage again with the homeless killings. Carcetti's character is hilarious: he becomes mayor on a random stray killing a witness and becomes governor on outrage from a bunch of murders that never happened.
  5. I believe that the only other issue that they wanted to tackle on The Wire was illegal immigration, but they felt their writers didn't have enough knowledge so they nixed it. It might have been interesting, but the series ended really well. I just enjoyed it so much, I wanted it to keep going.
  6. I'm not sure what other bureaucracies they could have targeted so effectively. The only big one they missed was the military, but I think that would have been really hard to tie in since the stoop boys were too young and none of the interesting characters from the Barksdale crew survived. It definitely felt like that entire series was planned to come out like it did, and I didn't think there were any wasted episodes.
  7. I'm glad there were only five seasons. The theme of the show seemed to be that power structures are inherently evil and only interested in self, and the show hit all the big ones. Season 1 it was the drug trade with Avon & Stringer putting decent people into slavery and then killing them like dogs. Season 2 it was the lobbyist screwing over the union and then crooked ass Sabotka not wanting to lose at any cost. Season 3 really took aim at the politicians and you thought of Royce as a complete scumbag. Then Season 4 trashed the schools and the political process: Carcetti was supposed to be the good guy and really seemed to care early on, but ends up being the same asshole Royce was (life imitating art with Obama as Carcetti ). Finally Season 5 goes after the media.
  8. It's hard for me to rank them other than season 4. If I had to, then I would say for me it was 4, 3, 1, 5, 2. But very close -- almost like a four-way tie for 2nd best. LOL

Every character was awesome. I loved Stringer and Omar, but every single character was great to me ... Bubbles, Avon, D'Angelo, Weebay, Wallace, Brodie... I wish there were 10 more seasons to watch.
  9. 4 and 2 were my favorites, probably in that order. I can't really rank 5 vs 3, but I think 1 was definitely the worst season. Hamsterdam was cool, but the Omar story in Season 5 and then the endings for Bubbles, Dukie, Michael, and Marlo were incredible. Maybe the only thing as hard to watch as Dukie shooting up was Clay being portrayed as a modern-day MLK after getting off.
  10. Amazing, right? I loved season 4 the most, but from start to finish, the series was top notch.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast