Conversation Between Blackjack and benefactor

7 Visitor Messages

1. My mucca! Thought the same thing when I saw that. He or McGuire would be nice. But Spurs passed on McGuire this summer so I'm guessing Brown's probably the one they might have interest in.

Kind of surprised the 'Cats dumped him like that. He'd be a great get for the Spurs, imho, tbh.
  2. Derrick Brown!
  3. I realize that.

But I've got a little extra energy tonight and I'm feeling saucy.
  4. Just let him be bro. He gets off on being a non-conformist in his own mind...literally.
  5. Casspi, Brown, and Young were three of the guys I targeted for the 37th pick or a move into the late first, but it's pretty comical to think a player of Blair's caliber fell to the Spurs..

Having said that, I liked what I saw from Brown physically; his size is really impressive.
    He's pretty fluid and he's just got the look and feel of a good potential role player/contributor to a winning club; as long as he doesn't make a habit of posterizing Ratliff. The Rattler takes exception.

You know Brown's going to alienate and set torch to the Bobcats at some point, so maybe the Spurs can get in on one of the inevitable trades Brown concocts and somehow snag him; maybe Pop's relationship allows them to be a third party to a trade, a ala how they acquired Hedo and Mercer?

He's not a must-have, no-brainer for the Spurs, but I knew you liked him too during the draft..
  6. Yeah...curse that Dejuan Blair guy for screwing up the plan for the Spurs to take him at 37.

We'll see how he develops. Maybe the Spurs can take a crack at him after his rookie deal is up.
  7. So, Derrick Brown looks to have a good role-playin' future, huh?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7