Conversation Between Proxy and CubanSucks

12 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. nice
  2. http://i.imgur.com/iugQA.jpg

Just a portrait picture... hope you weren't looking forward to a full body shot, haha
  3. I can't imagine how fine she'll look. I'm imagining an even sexier Arwen. Where'd you see her?
  4. Yeah, it would be sad if it weren't well received because people wanted the consequences to be as grand as LOTR. Whatever ending won't and shouldn't feel like the end of Return of the King. I personally enjoyed the Fellowship the most so I'm actually looking forward to the story taking place on a smaller scale. I saw what Tauriel will look like earlier today... she seems to be a badass, similar to Legolas.
  5. I'm just worried everyone will get their hopes up as far as comparing it to TLotR trilogy. LotR is pretty much about the potential end of the world while The Hobbit is ultimately about dwarves defeating a dragon. Even though there's still gonna be big battles and characters, it's just impossible to make it as epic as LotR in every sense of the word
  6. That's all I've been doing the past few days... just living on the tolkien gateway. The two blue wizards were always interesting to me... Bombadil too. Now that I'm getting back into it all, I'm assuming Saruman will be in it and wondering if there will be hints at his jealousy of Gandalf or growing treachery at all. It would have been cool to have deleted scenes of Radagast in the role he played in Gandalf getting captured and escaping Orthanc. The farther I get into the wizard's origins, the crazier shit gets with immortal beings and whatnot. I'm just looking forward to some easter eggs.

I have faith in Jackson though... after talking with you here, I'm realizing how his alteration on Grima's and Saruman's fate fit the story better. I should thank you for quelling any slight doubts I may have had. Also thanks for the tolkien geek session.
  7. dude I haven't read any of the books. After I saw TLotR trilogy for the first time I spent pretty much every second of my free time online reading all about the universe Tolkien created. I didn't even care about the books anymore, I was more interested in the ridiculously detailed history of everything. But fwiw I love how all these characters (even Frodo) are involved, ESPECIALLY Radagast considering there were only 5 wizards sent to Middle Earth. I know Jackson is a big time Tolkien fan so it's not as if he's gonna go off and do his own thing while leaving Tolkien in his rearview
  8. Good to hear. I haven't read the Hobbit so it'll all be new to me... I'm interested in Gloin and Balin just because of their roles in LOTR. Radagast and Legolas being inserted too... what do you think about those two being in it since you've read the book?
  9. Oh yeah, shit will get real over the course of the entire trilogy. Even the silliest of characters will have their moments
  10. The article I read said MSN leaked the trailer, but it must've just been a few hours leak since the trailer came out everywhere else the same day.

Yeah... some of my friends are nervous about the same thing with the dwarves being too silly. I'm thinking it'll be lighthearted until they leave the Shire... then I'm hoping a few of the dwarves will play the Merry/Pippin or Legolas/Gimli role among the company and nothing more.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast