Conversation Between Proxy and LnGrrrR

13 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Ha! No biggie. It sounds like an anime I should check out anyways, as soon as they increase the day to 40 hours or the week to 10 days so I can get all the rest of the shit I need to do done.
  2. Well shit. Looking back at our conversation on good animes, I realize that I mistakenly confused you liking Ergo Proxy due to the cogito ergo sum quote you had. I've known of the whole 'I think therefore I am' thing... I just randomly never came across the latin translation, and the series uses 'ergo' and 'cogito' quite a bit. I guess I can give myself a facepalm.
  3. It has two movies... one is a summary of the series and the other is suppose to serve as a true ending. Then the two recent movies that have come out, of which I recommend. There are going to be four in all, and the movies have so far been a redo of the original series, but with everything suped up, from the plot, to the animation, and characters... I'll let you know if I come across anything groundbreaking. To tell you the truth, you're the first person I've come across to have seen Ergo Proxy already.
  4. Hm, I thought Evangelion was longer. Are there a bunch of spinoffs, maybe? Ah well. The good new is that Netflix has been pushing a lot of anime lately through their online services, even some of the racier stuff (which surprised me.)
  5. Nah man... Evangelion is only 26 episodes.

Not too much of a fan of the light hearted stuff either. Studio Ghibli movies are the exception. Ranma is too fucking weird. I liked the characters in Lupin, but I never really got into the series.
  6. Haven't seen much Evangelion, due to it being a "long series" type of anime. I'll try to check the OVAs out.

What do you think of the more light hearted animes, like Ranma 1/2 and Lupin? I'm not a huge fan myself.
  7. I enjoyed the concept of Big O... I just never caught it in it's entirety. I'll admit that I get turned off by some anime due to the art style or animation... being an artist myself. It's kept me away from FMA and from finishing Big O... I'll finish Big O on your recommendation though. I know Lodoss is a classic, but I have yet to watch it either. There is an anime that I watched recently called, 'Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo'.... my gf and I watched it, and after getting over the initial 'wimpy male character' thing, it ended up being pretty good.... the animation is trippy as fuck, and the story is good... I mean, it's an adaptation of Dumas' story, so you've got to try hard to fuck it up. Have you seen the newer Evangelion Rebuild movies? I would recommend those to anyone. Right now, they have two of four out.
  8. I prefer short series myself, but I've got fondness for a few long series, like Lodoss War. A lot of the longer series are pretty good in the beginning, like Fullmetal. Iria is a short series (6 eps). For series that ends, Big O has some decent moments, even if it's (gasp!) American. Oh, and this is a bit of a tangent, but Casshern the Forever Man is a good anime, and a decent live action flick too.
  9. That's a tough question.... I like animes with an ending. If it's going to be a series, then it's a limited one, like Bebop. I got over the animes that went on forever back when I was in middle school... so between those and movies, is a pretty tough question. How about you?
  10. Hm, haven't seen the anime version of Batman. Sounds interesting.

Which do you like better? Series or movies?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast