Page 10 of 210 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The religious bigots are all very easy to spot as they obsess on discussing creationism like RG does.
    Do you believe creationism a credible theory? You seem to want me to ignore it for some reason.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Dr. Spencers claims on climate science cannot be logically dismissed simply because he equates non-scientific theories with scientific ones.

He could very well be right.

However, when one has indications that a person engages in poor reasoning, one should be a bit more skeptical of that persons' interpretation of data.

That is quite logical and appropriate.

If I have a less than credible expert interpreting data one way, and another credible expert telling me something else entirely, it is only logical to assign the latter a higher probability of being correct than the former.
    Applying your religious bigotry to his climate science arguments is an ad hominem and does not change his climate science credibility. Dr. Spencer is highly credible and has impeccable climate science credentials,

Roy W. Spencer, B.S. Atmospheric Sciences, University of Michigan (1978); M.S. Meteorology, University of Wisconsin (1980); Ph.D. Meteorology, University of Wisconsin (1982); Research Scientist, Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin (1982-1984); Senior Scientist for Climate Studies, Marshall Space Flight Center, NASA (1984-2001); MSFC Center Director's Commendation (1989); NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal (1991); U.S. Team Leader, Multichannel Imaging Microwave Radiometer (MIMR) Team, NASA (1992-Present); Team Leader, AMSR-E Science Team, NASA (1994-Present); American Meteorological Society's Special Award (1996); Principal Research Scientist, Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville (2001-Present)

You are correct though that if we were discussing creationism, Dr. Spencer would not be qualified. His qualifications only relate to atmospheric science.

Do you believe creationism a credible theory? You seem to want me to ignore it for some reason.
    I support evolution theory but I also respect people's religious beliefs and am not a religious bigot like yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason you want me to ignore it, is because you know I am right.

The "religious bigot" charge, and accusing me of "obsessing" over it, are rather obvious ploys to change the subject.

Your ego will not allow you to admit I have made a good point.

You have dimissed this as an "ad hominem" when it is clearly not, and, in the process provably committed that logical fallacy yourself.

Your ego will not allow you to answer the question

If a scientist equates a non-scientific theory to a scientific one does that indicate one should assign more or less credibility to that scientist overall?
    Because the obvious answer, i.e. "Yes, one should assign less credibility" would then mean one of the scientists advancing your "skepticism" isn't as strong of an advocate as you want everybody to believe.

The inability to answer questions like this are exactly what twoofers talking about faked plane crashes on 9-11 do, when you confront them with information that indicates their positions are weak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Applying your religious bigotry to his climate science arguments is an ad hominem
    The only logical thing to do is to reject a theory until it is proven.

Prove my statements cons ute an ad hominem attack.

I have given you the format.

You will have to work hard to get around this though:

Dr. Spencers claims on climate science cannot be logically dismissed simply because he equates non-scientific theories with scientific ones
    Further, the topic under discussion is his credibility, and the comments bear a direct bearing on that.

Your claim, your burden of proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I ... am not a religious bigot like yourself.
    Prove I am a religious "bigot".

Again, your claim, your burden of proof.

I am not a religious bigot.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    The reason you want me to ignore it, is because you know I am right.

The "religious bigot" charge, and accusing me of "obsessing" over it, are rather obvious ploys to change the subject.

Your ego will not allow you to admit I have made a good point.

You have dimissed this as an "ad hominem" when it is clearly not, and, in the process provably committed that logical fallacy yourself.

Your ego will not allow you to answer the question
    No I do not believe you are right, your arguments is both a red herring and an ad hominem. Dr. Spencer's religious belief in creationism has no bearing on his climate science arguments. He has no theological qualifications,

Roy W. Spencer, B.S. Atmospheric Sciences, University of Michigan (1978); M.S. Meteorology, University of Wisconsin (1980); Ph.D. Meteorology, University of Wisconsin (1982); Research Scientist, Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin (1982-1984); Senior Scientist for Climate Studies, Marshall Space Flight Center, NASA (1984-2001); MSFC Center Director's Commendation (1989); NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal (1991); U.S. Team Leader, Multichannel Imaging Microwave Radiometer (MIMR) Team, NASA (1992-Present); Team Leader, AMSR-E Science Team, NASA (1994-Present); American Meteorological Society's Special Award (1996); Principal Research Scientist, Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville (2001-Present)

Because the obvious answer, i.e. "Yes, one should assign less credibility" would then mean one of the scientists advancing your "skepticism" isn't as strong of an advocate as you want everybody to believe.
    Why should people use your religious bigotry and ad hominem arguments to lie about Dr. Spencer's climate science arguments?

The inability to answer questions like this are exactly what twoofers talking about faked plane crashes on 9-11 do, when you confront them with information that indicates their positions are weak.
    Continued ad hominem against skeptics. You consistently demonstrate your logical fallacies.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Prove I am a religious "bigot".
    Do you bring up creationism in climate science discussions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I do not believe you are right, your arguments is both a red herring and an ad hominem. Dr. Spencer's religious belief in creationism has no bearing on his climate science arguments. He has no theological qualifications,
    Meh.

You are pulling a rather standard conspiracy theorist ploy now.

Ignoring, dimissing, and repeating, and obfuscating. Like reposting his credentials will erase the man's equating non-scientific theories to scientific ones.

Any reasonable skeptic would say that indicates flawed thinking on one subject, and would then apply much more skepticism to his other statements, even ones he is qualified for.

No one here would believe for a second that you would not say the exact same thing if the expert in question advocated AGW theory and the theory that it could potentially cause some serious harm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you bring up creationism in climate science discussions?
    So you can't prove it?

I didn't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG, i think its a very good point. Is a scientist that puts something without any empirical evidence on the same level as a theory with extensive and diverse empirical evidence credible. Or is he prone to confirmation bias?

From my experience most scientists I have talked with separate the notions of faith and empirical science. That is not to say that a supreme being or diety is by definition precluded but rather that there is as of now no confirmable empirical basis for use in science.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    You are pulling a rather standard conspiracy theorist ploy now.

Ignoring, dimissing, and repeating, and obfuscating. Like reposting his credentials will erase the man's equating non-scientific theories to scientific ones.

Any reasonable skeptic would say that indicates flawed thinking on one subject, and would then apply much more skepticism to his other statements, even ones he is qualified for.
    Still with the ad hominem? His climate science credentials have nothing to do with his religious beliefs,

There is no question he has no theological qualifications but we are discussing climate science. Any reasonable skeptic would not apply someone's religious beliefs to their climate science arguments.

No one here would believe for a second that you would not say the exact same thing if the expert in question advocated AGW theory and the theory that it could potentially cause some serious harm.
    I have never brought up a person's religious beliefs when discussing climate science. The difference is you are showing your religious bigotry as many alarmists do.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    So you can't prove it?
    I already did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG, i think its a very good point. Is a scientist that puts something without any empirical evidence on the same level as a theory with extensive and diverse empirical evidence credible. Or is he prone to confirmation bias?

From my experience most scientists I have talked with separate the notions of faith and empirical science. That is not to say that a supreme being or diety is by definition precluded but rather that there is as of now no confirmable empirical basis for use in science.
    The fun thing is that I don't have to prove AGW or not.

The le of the thread isn't "I think AGW is real"

I can talk about it, to be sure, but all I really have to do is wait for the deniers attracted to the topic to be themselves.

"Why I think Climate Change Denial is little more than pseudoscience"

I prove my case when people like PopTech can't honestly answer questions, commit provable logical fallacies, falsely accuse me of logical fallacies, and fail to prove things when asked to do so, all of which he is doing and has done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

"Your honor, I proved that I am right, because I said I was right".

The continuing adventures of "PopTech, esq."...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twenty years ago, as a PhD scientist, I intensely studied the evolution versus intelligent design controversy for about two years. And finally, despite my previous acceptance of evolutionary theory as "fact," I came to the realization that intelligent design, as a theory of origins, is no more religious, and no less scientific, than evolutionism.
    Again, as a general question:

If a scientist expresses a belief that a non-scientific theory has the same credibility as a scientific one, does that indicate one should assign more or less credibility to that scientist overall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

"Your honor, I proved that I am right, because I said I was right".

The continuing adventures of "PopTech, esq."...
    He's already come up with his canned answers which his narcissism internalizes as irrefutable truth. Once he does that its like talking to a robot. What he is leaving out is that he has proven it to himself and in all things regarding him that is all that matters.

His cognitive dissonance is interesting. But few other than WC buy his posturing.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    The fun thing is that I don't have to prove AGW or not.

The le of the thread isn't "I think AGW is real"

I can talk about it, to be sure, but all I really have to do is wait for the deniers attracted to the topic to be themselves.

"Why I think Climate Change Denial is little more than pseudoscience"

I prove my case when people like PopTech can't honestly answer questions, commit provable logical fallacies, falsely accuse me of logical fallacies, and fail to prove things when asked to do so, all of which he is doing and has done.
    The only reason I posted to the topic was to correct the lies, misinformation and strawman arguments state about the list. Exposing your constant use of logical fallacies (including those in your opening post) was just a bonus. Your thread actually makes no sense and is completely illogical,

Who denies the climate changes?

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    If a scientist expresses a belief that a non-scientific theory has the same credibility as a scientific one, does that indicate one should assign more or less credibility to that scientist overall?
    Where does Dr. Spencer compare creationism to climate science?

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Where have I denied the climate changes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason I posted to the topic was to correct the lies, misinformation and strawman arguments state about my list.[/b]

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Your picture does not make any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where have I denied the climate changes?
    Irrelevant to the irrufutable fact that bla bla bla.

There is a beer waiting for me, it is far more interesting to me at this point than you are.

Sorry. You will have to wait.

Maybe you can study some energy data or something useful while I am gone.

Google is that away, -----------------> make yourself useful.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I am attempting to understand your illogical thread.

Who denies the climate changes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your picture does not make any sense.
    I am not surprised you don't get it or at least refuse to acknowledge that you get it.

I will help becuase it really is not that hard. There is Gollum and its a picture of him holding a list in place of the One Ring of Tolkein fantasy.

Two things.

1) You are Gollum.

2) Now let's do some critical thinking here. How was Gollum towards the One Ring in both movies and books?

I am going to go eat. Have fun figuring it out and then making up a canned answer for it for the next time he posts it.

Thread Information