Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329
Results 8,201 to 8,223 of 8223
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, Just wanted to know, are we writing off Malaki Branham as a PG? I thought the experience with him at that position wasn't that bad and showed some glimpses...
    Malaki’s handle is fine for individual scoring, but his vision is subpar. He had to be first in dumb cross court passes or backwards passes towards the opponent basket that were picked off, and so far ahead of second place, I wouldn’t even know who that was.

I was definitely in the “we were tanking “ camp this year, and one of the “tells” when Pop was dumping a game was Malaki running point in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This mock has ATL taking Risacher at 1:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...spect.amp.html

Seems good for the Spurs if so, fewer wins for ATL next season? And higher bust potential the next two?
    If ZR is a 3 and D, he’s a perfect complement to Trae. That’s the exact type of player he needs, as a heliocentric guard. If you could surround Trae with four 3 and D players, you’d have a strong regular season team.

He’ll improve Atlanta more than Sarr would next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they really? I'm honestly asking because I don't know. What examples/proof are/is there of Spurs picking a guy because of workouts and scrimmages? If true, that sounds like a really bad strategy. I would really hope they don't make those important choices relying on such a short sample size.
    The Flasher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did draft Samanic 5 years ago who has some similarities. If the Spurs end up picking Salaun, I hope he takes basketball more seriously than Samanic.
    Samanic actually did look the part of a talented bball player, it was his work ethic that sucked. Salaun is more like the opposite, a workhorse whose talent level is well below his effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HE’S EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.
    Yeah, 2 months and change from 19, and still doesn't look like an NBA prospect to me. You can disagree, of course, go look at the tape and tell me where I'm getting it wrong. But stating his age in caps isn't the most persuasive way to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HE’S EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.
    Risacher is only 19 and has a much better feel for the game. Don’t know what your point is

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun might be the only prospect that I would be flat out disappointed in the Spurs drafting. I'm not seeing it with him, at all. If he were at least athletic and fluid, you could take a flyer on him rounding into a more polished player. Or if he had a high bbiq, you could say that it makes up for the lack of athletic ability. He's the worst of both worlds. But hey, he's French, he's young, he's tall, he can shoot it a little, and he's friends with Wemby who says he's got a great wok ethic. No, thanks.

If they had a later pick, he might be worth the risk but certainly not at 8. There are much better prospects with fewer weaknesses and higher upsides there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why it say our pick #48 forfeited? What did we do?
    https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-dr...year-mock=2024
    should be philly 49tg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki’s handle is fine for individual scoring, but his vision is subpar. He had to be first in dumb cross court passes or backwards passes towards the opponent basket that were picked off, and so far ahead of second place, I wouldn’t even know who that was.

I was definitely in the “we were tanking “ camp this year, and one of the “tells” when Pop was dumping a game was Malaki running point in the 4th.
    Hate to be the one to enlighten you...

but pop never tanks - he is just now a s of the coach he used to be...
    what you saw this past season was pop trying his hardest to win games...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at many updated mocks we can say that the common sense of this forum is not on line with most of the mocks. which is a good sign IMO.
    it's interesting that the forum totally cooled own on Topic, while various mocks se him going to SA at 4, while passing on Castle. is anyone here left who takes Topic over Castle?
    I saw draftroom and James Barlowe move Castle to the Spurs at 4.
    O'Connor has the Spurs taking Dillingham and Cody Willimas while passing on Risacher at 4 and Castle at 8. that won't happen, right?
    I guess Wasserman has the most meltdownish mock with Topic and Holland. (while passing on Castle and Dillingham).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone here left who takes Topic over Castle?
    ::crickets::

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone here left who takes Topic over Castle?
    Me for one. I'm just not interested in arguing with the internet psychics and internet doctors about their 'amazing insights' into Topic's health and personal character - things for which they have zero actual information on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Topic being the guy and the size and passing potential is admittedly intriguing. But everything seems off about Topic.

Just feels like Castle was a part of a championship through a tournament and Topic can't stay on the court without injury. Very wary of the medical on Topic. If Spurs are fine enough to proceed it'd be a good sign because I trust their health assessments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Topic being the guy and the size and passing potential is admittedly intriguing. But everything seems off about Topic.

Just feels like Castle was a part of a championship through a tournament and Topic can't stay on the court without injury. Very wary of the medical on Topic. If Spurs are fine enough to proceed it'd be a good sign because I trust their health assessments.
    It's hard to get a read on Topic, other than he keeps getting hurt. He's supposed to be an exceptional playmaker and passer, but the clips packages show good reads, but not exceptional reads. Apparently his value is getting into the lane, but that's where you want Wembanyama to be. If he takes a long time to shoot, this impacts his pick-and-rolls. If he's not an excellent defender, then this impacts things further.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me for one. I'm just not interested in arguing with the internet psychics and internet doctors about their 'amazing insights' into Topic's health and personal character - things for which they have zero actual information on...
    Ignoring the medicals and character. What makes Topic a better prospect based on his play alone

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at many updated mocks we can say that the common sense of this forum is not on line with most of the mocks. which is a good sign IMO.
    it's interesting that the forum totally cooled own on Topic, while various mocks se him going to SA at 4, while passing on Castle. is anyone here left who takes Topic over Castle?
    O'Connor has the Spurs taking Dillingham and Cody Willimas while passing on Risacher at 4 and Castle at 8. that won't happen, right?
    I guess Wasserman has the most meltdownish mock with Topic and Holland. (while passing on Castle and Dillingham).
    Topic at 4 would be a mistake.

I don't see the next three teams drafting Topic so the Spurs can get Topic at 8 if they want him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ZR is a 3 and D, he’s a perfect complement to Trae. That’s the exact type of player he needs, as a heliocentric guard. If you could surround Trae with four 3 and D players, you’d have a strong regular season team.

He’ll improve Atlanta more than Sarr would next year.
    Excellent analysis, especially if you can follow that with why WIZ should pass on Sarr at 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think its better for us if they take Sarr. he's probably a smart pick for them long term but i dont think hes going to be very good in year 1. he's pretty poor offensively right now, and he's very weak on the defensive glass.
    Agreed, except for the part about us likely to be a lotto team in 25 too. Sarr costing us wins would be a net gain.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they draft Castle at 4 a good chance they aren't drafting another point guard, especially with Blake still on the team and the challenges in drafting and developing raw 19 year olds. Not to mention Castle wanting the chance to play point guard. 8 would have to prioritize shooting, and should be a shooter still available but Reed or Dillingham could be one of them. Anyway. Lots of nuances and personalities to assuage, et cetera.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, except for the part about us likely to be a lotto team in 25 too. Sarr costing us wins would be a net gain.
    Sarr is better than Risacher. Will even be more productive in year one. Sarr is a nice fit in Atlanta. I expect Sarr to be their pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were Washington, I would take Topic for sure over Castle. However on the spurs his fit isn’t right - I don’t want Wemby running a ton of PNR as the roller and I don’t think he’d be great setting a ton of picks repeatedly. Wemby needs off ball shooting which is a question with topic, and there are better fits as an off ball player. He also can’t contribute much on the defensive end. However, I do think topic has the highest offensive potential of all the draftees and he’d be my selection if I didn’t already have my cornerstone locked in.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    aj johnson is currently in austin prepping for his spurs workout.........

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think most people are looking at Topic having two knee injuries which off course will have an impact on his draft stock.

Thread Information