Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey averaged 16pts/8reb/6ast in 22-23. OKC got what they wanted in Caruso, someone who can guard the POA and be a knockdown shooter if left open -- but they let Giddey go on the cheap. Giddey won't ever be a knockdown shooter but I'd be surprised if he doesn't average 16/6 again (or better) for the Bulls since he won't be deferring the ball-handling nearly as much as when he was paired with SGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc has Dort and Caruso now on the perimeter…..this is a problem
    Can never have too many guys like that imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey averaged 16pts/8reb/6ast in 22-23. OKC got what they wanted in Caruso, someone who can guard the POA and be a knockdown shooter if left open -- but they let Giddey go on the cheap. Giddey won't ever be a knockdown shooter but I'd be surprised if he doesn't average 16/6 again (or better) for the Bulls since he won't be deferring the ball-handling nearly as much as when he was paired with SGA.
    Plenty of guys can put up numbers with decent usage tbh. He’s got talent but a non shooting defensively challenged ball dominant pg is a challenge in this league. Just have to see how it goes. Wasn’t a terrible trade for chi big picture but they left meat on the bone given the current situation and it was a no brainer for OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can never have too many guys like that imo
    I'm pretty sure Atl Spur means it's a problem for SA going forward...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a solid vet defender ( 2nd team all nba ) with a high bbiq. We could have used him……damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Atl Spur means it's a problem for SA going forward...
    Ahhh that makes sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thing i hate about caruso going to okc is that the spurs play okc 4 times...

the two players i think will one day - injure Wemby are...

1) Draymond

2) Caruso

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is most likely bad for SA. Caruso was a high net+ player for CHI and anything that makes CHI lose games or accelerate a rebuild hurts that chance of getting an extra pick is my guy feeling. But have to see what they do with Lavine + DeRozan + Vuc
    Not so sure it's that bad. Can't see how this trade signals a rebuild for Chicago. If they were headed that way they could have gotten picks for Caruso from OKC who have more picks than they can use. Getting Giddey signals they're still trying to retool and compete. They've never shown an inclination to rebuild, same GM who put this team together is still pulling the strings. Fair chance they continue their long history of competing for 10th in the East which raises the value of the pick they owe us. We just need them to stay chasing the play-in for one more season and that pick could be very nice indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thing i hate about caruso going to okc is that the spurs play okc 4 times...

the two players i think will one day - injure Wemby are...

1) Draymond

2) Caruso
    Zach Collins when he’s traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a way both teams traded a looming problem away. Caruso is 30 and probably wanted a big increase in pay for his next contract. Even though he's only 21, Giddey showed that he couldn't be trusted in a major playoff game. Both players have talents both both players have issues. In a few months we'll see who got the better of this trade. As of right now I say OKC did better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure it's that bad. Can't see how this trade signals a rebuild for Chicago. If they were headed that way they could have gotten picks for Caruso from OKC who have more picks than they can use. Getting Giddey signals they're still trying to retool and compete. They've never shown an inclination to rebuild, same GM who put this team together is still pulling the strings. Fair chance they continue their long history of competing for 10th in the East which raises the value of the pick they owe us. We just need them to stay chasing the play-in for one more season and that pick could be very nice indeed.
    It's definitely bad, but I agree it could be worse. The silver lining here is that, although it hurts the chances of conveying the pick next draft, taking a young player as opposed to a bunch of far out picks suggests they're not going for a multi year tank but rather a short tank or a retool. Hopefully they can get something back for DDR if he doesn't re-sign, which is the very likely outcome, and Lavine bounces back. Next year they have cap space, they probably are back in the late lottery in another deep draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the insiders on Hawksquawk is claiming the Spurs have a standing over for Trae Young that the Hawks are considering. Allegedly there is one other team that has a standing offer for Trae but he can’t mention the name of team. Not sure why he would be given permission to even name the Spurs if it was legit but not any other team, so who knows if it’s BS.

Thread Information