Page 425 of 425 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 10625
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Thats why SA would trade up to pick 1 with ATL in this scenario to get Reed..
    You like Reed over Sarr there?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on a Washington fan site. YODA was used to rank the players and the results are interesting.

WARNING. Some members of SpursTalk may be shocked by the disturbing information contained within. Reader discretion is advised.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2024/...ington-wizards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope this latest ESPN mock saying the Hawks have their eyes on Risacher is just a really convincing bluff by Atlanta to extract maximum value in a trade down scenario, and that their real target all along is Clingan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it sounds odd to trade for another FRP, when the draft is allegedly weak. on the other hand, this is the reason why the picks might be available at a reasonable price.
    let's assume either 21, 22, 24 might be available for SRPs.
    the appeal of a pick in that region is, that it might work as a tailhook for that player who, for whatever reason, falls out of the lottery. that's where you luck into the Tyrese Maxey's of the draft.
    that guy might be Walter in this draft. or Topic. even Dillingham. Carrington. Carter, da Silva, Knecht, because of their age. the list is not complete. lot's of scenarios come to mind.
    and if there isn't this steal, you can still trade the pick, some team will call during the five minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it sounds odd to trade for another FRP, when the draft is allegedly weak. on the other hand, this is the reason why the picks might be available at a reasonable price.
    let's assume either 21, 22, 24 might be available for SRPs.
    the appeal of a pick in that region is, that it might work as a tailhook for that player who, for whatever reason, falls out of the lottery. that's where you luck into the Tyrese Maxey's of the draft.
    that guy might be Walter in this draft. or Topic. even Dillingham. Carrington. Carter, da Silva, Knecht, because of their age. the list is not complete. lot's of scenarios come to mind.
    and if there isn't this steal, you can still trade the pick, some team will call during the five minutes.
    Right now the draft looks pretty deep. It's not great at top. Some drafts are basically over before the lottery is even done and this looks like it could go for a while.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like Reed over Sarr there?
    Crazy how over rated Sheppard is

When Cam Spencer will give you the same as Reed and he's a second round pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the draft looks pretty deep. It's not great at top. Some drafts are basically over before the lottery is even done and this looks like it could go for a while.
    would be another reason to go for a pick in the low 20s.
    maybe it's a bit like 2020 without Ant. (who wasn't a sure thing back then as well, with the weak shooting and the TOs)
    a lot of quality in the lower half of 1st round. Spurs would be pretty happy to come out with a Maxey, McDaniels or Quickley from this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players like McCain, Furphy, Kyshawn George, Filipowski, Missi, Kolek, Tyler Smith, etc., could tumble into the 20s. I'm not sure how great any of them will be, but they're fairly promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think this is way too much analysis. Let's just go all the way back to the basics and put one of the bands back together again.

4- Reed Sheppard
    8 - Robert Dillingham
    35 - Justin Edwards
    48 - Antonio Reeves

4/8 - Donovan Clingan/Stephon Castle
    35 - Cam Spencer
    48 - Tristan Newton

Put them all in the starting lineup with Wemby.

Done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think this is way too much analysis. Let's just go all the way back to the basics and put one of the bands back together again.

4- Reed Sheppard
    8 - Robert Dillingham
    35 - Justin Edwards
    48 - Antonio Reeves

35 - Cam Spencer
    48 - Tristan Newton

Done.
    Move them out in shifts offense-defense like in hockey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on a Washington fan site. YODA was used to rank the players and the results are interesting.

WARNING. Some members of SpursTalk may be shocked by the disturbing information contained within. Reader discretion is advised.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2024/...ington-wizards
    BTW, the TLDR...

Buzelis and Risacher grade outside the first round.

Salaun and Williams grade as value second round or undrafted picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27 years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4- Reed Sheppard
    8 - Robert Dillingham
    35 - Justin Edwards
    48 - Antonio Reeves

35 - Cam Spencer
    48 - Tristan Newton

Done.
    Despite his disappointing season, Edwards at 35 would be a steal imo. He has good size and athleticism for a modern SF and projects as a potentially valuable 3 & D piece down the road with some seasoning. Think he gets scooped up before that though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his disappointing season, Edwards at 35 would be a steal imo. He has good size and athleticism for a modern SF and projects as a potentially valuable 3 & D piece down the road with some seasoning. Think he gets scooped up before that though.
    This is the problem with just looking at size and protecting some tile. He never looked like an NBA player to me. I'd be more interested in Reaves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4- Reed Sheppard
    8 - Robert Dillingham
    35 - Justin Edwards
    48 - Antonio Reeves

35 - Cam Spencer
    48 - Tristan Newton

Done.
    And next year throw the bag at Bob Hurley to replace Pop!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the problem with just looking at size and protecting some tile. He never looked like an NBA player to me. I'd be more interested in Reaves.
    I'm basing this off what I saw out of him as a Freshman. I agree he didn't stand out much, hence why I said he had a disappointing season and why he's projected as a fringe First Rounder despite his physical profile. But he still shot 37% from 3 on almost 3 attempts per game and played solid defense for that UK team. He was probably their 2nd best defender after Shepherd. Shot near 49% overall from the field and averaged 9 PPG as an 18 year-old. There's definitely tools there to work with if you're looking to take a flyer on a 3&D wing to try to develop and surround Wemby with. He may not ever be more than a bench contributor at the next level, but there's value in that, especially as a 2nd Round pick. You're typically just taking chances on upside as that point anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be more interested in Reaves.
    we could have used some of this spirit last offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    confirmation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I've been holding onto the belief that he would still be the #1 Pick to ATL, but maybe not after seeing this. I mean they could still take him obv, but not sure you want to take a guy who clearly doesn't want to be there if he won't even work out or take an interview with you.

Guess this is why they've reportedly become interested in Clingan, cause they desperately need a replacement for Capella. I don't personally think Risacher is worth the #1 Overall Pick, and they may not either, but they may be forced to take him there regardless if Clingan isn't their guy. Weird spot to be put in for Atlanta tbh. For the sake of their draft picks that own, I hope they go Risacher over Clingan as Clingan would certainly make them better over the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    confirmation

I don't see anything wrong with Atlanta publicly stating this. This is probably a question people are confirming constantly. Might as well tell the league they are shopping Alexandre Sarr. Maybe in Washington gives up some assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to get something out of the Wiz and swap. Pretend you have suitors or something. Or just take him anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also odd that Sarr's camp wants him in Washington so badly tbh. He's not friends with Coulibaly as far I can tell so that's not the reason. You'd think he would want to play with Trae and Co over Jordan Poole and the mess they have up there in DC. Would definitely make his transition easier to the NBA playing alongside Trae + just being the 1st Overall Pick and getting a larger contract. Pretty strange tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also odd that Sarr's camp wants him in Washington so badly tbh. He's not friends with Coulibaly as far I can tell so that's not reason. You'd think he would want to play with Trae and Co over Jordan Poole. Would definitely make his transition easier to the NBA playing alongside Trae + just being the 1st Overall Pick and getting a larger contract. Pretty strange tbh.
    I assume it's because he wants to play PF not C and Washington is basically a blank slate whereas ATL has Jalen Johnson at PF. Plus he probably thinks he'll be pigeonholed into being a 4th option and wants a large role on offense. imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks behind closed doors are probably begging the Spurs to take the 1st Pick for their picks back tbh . That'd be much more appealing for them if they could drop to #4 and take Clingan there while getting back just one of their FRP's from us. Hopefully the Spurs are smarter than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume it's because he wants to play PF not C and Washington is basically a blank slate whereas ATL has Jalen Johnson at PF. Plus he probably thinks he'll be pigeonholed into being a 4th option and wants a large role on offense. imho
    Yea pretty much the only logical reason tbh. He wants to be the #1 option with no expectations. He knows he'd be a rim-running role player in ATL next to Trae. He hasn't really proven he's anything more than that though as of yet, but it's understandable that he wants to prove he can be without any expectations I guess.

Thread Information