My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing up a drone base

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen that.

RUS is hitting their "redline" in a few areas. Some AFV's, and arty will be next. RUS will have the s production, but lack the tubes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calf-tats' mom/boss!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North and South Korea waging a proxy war in Europe was not on my bingo card.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Old taxi

Blowing up a drone base

North and South Korea waging a proxy war in Europe was not on my bingo card.
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of them Internet influencers, eh?

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    World / Europe

Russia’s shifting tactics put unprecedented pressure on Ukraine’s already hobbled power system

By Clare Sebastian and Olga Voitovych, CNN

7 minute read
    Updated 6:51 AM EDT, Sat June 22, 2024

Kateryna Serzhan and her daughter in Kyiv. Kateryna has to schedule bath times around the blackouts.
    Daria Tarasova/CNN

KyivCNN —
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Kateryna Serzhan says the only way to survive Ukraine’s almost daily blackout schedule is to “always have a plan B.”[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]The 35-year-old has had to adapt to life in her high-rise Kyiv apartment block with her active 3-year-old daughter, Varia.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Going out to play involves hiking back up 15 flights of stairs carrying her now 17 kg (37 lb) child. They tend to take a ball instead of a bicycle for those days, she jokes.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Without power, there’s no water, so she has to schedule her child’s baths around the blackouts. But sometimes they occur outside of the scheduled times.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Keen to provide hot meals each day to a toddler who doesn’t always eat them, she now has a gas camping stove in her kitchen, and a small battery to power the microwave.]]]

(to be continued)
    [/COLOR]

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    World / Europe

Russia’s shifting tactics put unprecedented pressure on Ukraine’s already hobbled power system

By Clare Sebastian and Olga Voitovych, CNN

7 minute read
    Updated 6:51 AM EDT, Sat June 22, 2024

Kateryna Serzhan and her daughter in Kyiv. Kateryna has to schedule bath times around the blackouts.
    Daria Tarasova/CNN

KyivCNN —
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Kateryna Serzhan says the only way to survive Ukraine’s almost daily blackout schedule is to “always have a plan B.”[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]The 35-year-old has had to adapt to life in her high-rise Kyiv apartment block with her active 3-year-old daughter, Varia.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Going out to play involves hiking back up 15 flights of stairs carrying her now 17 kg (37 lb) child. They tend to take a ball instead of a bicycle for those days, she jokes.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Without power, there’s no water, so she has to schedule her child’s baths around the blackouts. But sometimes they occur outside of the scheduled times.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]Keen to provide hot meals each day to a toddler who doesn’t always eat them, she now has a gas camping stove in her kitchen, and a small battery to power the microwave.]]]

(to be continued)
    [/COLOR]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    (continued from above)

[[[Serzhan’s resilience masks a deepening crisis in Ukraine. These are not the first rolling blackouts since Russia’s full-scale invasion, but they are the first to happen in the spring and early summer – traditionally the months with lowest electricity demand before air-conditioning season kicks in – underscoring the scale of the supply problem.

In the early hours of Thursday morning, Ukraine endured the seventh massive Russian attack on its energy facilities since March 22 this year. Ukrenergo, the state-owned grid operator, reported damage in four regions. Seven energy workers were injured, and previously scheduled power outages extended.
    On Saturday, “massive” Russian missile attacks hit several Ukrainian energy facilities, leaving thousands without power, officials said.
    In the Zaporizhzhia region, two power engineers were injured and the energy facility was damaged overnight, according to Ivan Fedorov, the head of Zaporizhzhia’s regional military administration.
    Ukraine’s energy grid has been firmly in the crosshairs of Russian missiles since the war began but this year Moscow began specifically targeting power generation facilities – thermal power plants, hydroelectric power stations, even energy storage facilities – a marked shift in tactics from the previous winter, when the attacks were less precise, and the damage easier to repair. Experts say Russia has been using better weaponry and taking advantage of thin Ukrainian air defenses.]]]

(to be continued)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of them Internet influencers, eh?

tee, hee.
    No, it’s a Russian soldier’s Telegram post.

Read, moron.

Thread Information