Page 402 of 402 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402
Results 10,026 to 10,045 of 10045
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cade's so clearly on an all-star path that I'm baffled by your comments, bros. I don't even think I was saying anything controversial, tbh.
    Kawhi's VORP was 2.1 as a rookie, second season he was doing a great job guarding LeBron in the Finals, third year he was Finals MVP. Cade's first two years he was replacement level and Year 3 he's just crept into reasonable starting material level with a 1.2 VORP. When you say Cade is a surefire allstar in the waiting you're saying he's going to be better than Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this at all. Why would Charlotte care so much about getting three second round picks?
    How can folks say this is the flattest draft at the top, and also then say that trading up 2 slots (mind you, outside of the top 3) requires giving up a solid role player to do so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's VORP was 2.1 as a rookie, second season he was doing a great job guarding LeBron in the Finals, third year he was Finals MVP. Cade's first two years he was replacement level and Year 3 he's just crept into reasonable starting material level with a 1.2 VORP. When you say Cade is a surefire allstar in the waiting you're saying he's going to be better than Manu.
    I'm not saying nothing of the sort, I'm just saying he's clearly gonna be an all-star. Is any all-star automatically better than Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying nothing of the sort, I'm just saying he's clearly gonna be an all-star. Is any all-star automatically better than Manu?
    Manu was a 2x allstar; you seem to think Cade will be more than that.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I don't see Detroit giving up 5 for Keldon, tbh.
    I was thinking of this trade earlier and see you guys talking about something similar.

any thoughts?

I think Detroit could really use a vet aggressive scorer like KJ and spurs can take a shot at Ivey who might be worthless to Detroit next year. Spurs might be able to get him going. The difference between the two seems to be about 5 to 8 give or take a second round pick. I wouldn’t pay more than the price listed below though. Grimes is just salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can folks say this is the flattest draft at the top, and also then say that trading up 2 slots (mind you, outside of the top 3) requires giving up a solid role player to do so?
    I wasn't suggesting giving up a solid role player; I was suggesting giving up Keldon Johnson, a replacement level player. If he was going to be somebody he would have probably been it by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with DAF, if all it took to get Cade was 4, 8, Keldon and another future 1st, I'd easily take that tbh.

He'd be pretty much the perfect PG to line up next to Wemby. Keeping Vassell and Sochan as well... that's a no brainer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was a 2x allstar; you seem to think Cade will be more than that.
    Yeah, but I don't think any multiple all-star is automatically better than Manu. Heck, I think many MVP's are worse players than Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't suggesting giving up a solid role player; I was suggesting giving up Keldon Johnson, a replacement level player. If he was going to be somebody he would have probably been it by now.
    Wishful thinking but I'm hoping that DWhite winning a ring and balling out for Boston raises Keldon's value somewhat. Get a young guy away from the old man and sky's the limit tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with DAF, if all it took to get Cade was 4, 8, Keldon and another future 1st, I'd easily take that tbh.

He'd be pretty much the perfect PG to line up next to Wemby. Keeping Vassell and Sochan as well... that's a no brainer
    Don't see the perfect PG part at all. I remember when Spurs fans were spraying their pants over getting Antoine Carr after he put up 20ppg in Sacramento and Cade seems like kind of similar empty stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishful thinking but I'm hoping that DWhite winning a ring and balling out for Boston raises Keldon's value somewhat. Get a young guy away from the old man and sky's the limit tbh
    White was an absolute top tier defender when he was here. Keldon has done nothing to get that kind of comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There had been slight talk in the past couple of weeks about the Bulls targeting Buzelis

What could the Spurs get in swap down to 11 if Buzelis is still on the board at 8 or even at 4 if the Spurs feel shut out on their top guys?

If it's 8, would Chicago taking off all protection from the 2025 1st be fair to swap down to 11? Or even changing it to top 4 protection instead of 10 then 8 then 8 then the 28 second?

Too little? Too much? Unrealistic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There had been slight talk in the past couple of weeks about the Bulls targeting Buzelis

What could the Spurs get in swap down to 11 if Buzelis is still on the board at 8 or even at 4 if the Spurs feel shut out on their top guys?

If it's 8, would Chicago taking off all protection from the 2025 1st be fair to swap down to 11? Or even changing it to top 4 protection instead of 10 then 8 then 8 then the 28 second?

Top 4 protection is barely any better than top 10 protection for a Bulls team that won't tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if both sheppard/risacher are off the board id be interested in moving down from 4, but dno about going all the way to 11. its a situation where id trade down with a memphis targeting clingan or somethin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the perfect PG part at all. I remember when Spurs fans were spraying their pants over getting Antoine Carr after he put up 20ppg in Sacramento and Cade seems like kind of similar empty stats.
    You're underselling what getting out of Detroit does to a guy tbh

White was an absolute top tier defender when he was here. Keldon has done nothing to get that kind of comparison.
    Hence the wishful thinking part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mentioned that a while back and thought loosening the protections for '25 - '27 was fair.

I could see them trying to get Clingan if he was still available and jump Memphis. If Dilly and Carter were both still available at #8 then I'd definitely consider it since i don't see Memphis/Utah picking either guy.

Even lowering it to top 6 protected would be fine with me because adding Clingan is probably enough to keep Chicago mid by the end of next season tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People out here knocking Buzelis's "at ude" for some imagined reasons, meanwhile Sarr is reportedly ducking the Hawks so he can go to a "lower pressure situation"? Sounds like a real winner (if true).
    Who says it's the reason?

It could just be a matter of fit or even not being fond of ATL (He's been there to work out last summer)

As of Buzelis, I said it was sujective, but taking the body language into account isn't absurd big picture wise in addition of multiple other factors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We value him differently. That’s cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston knew what Derrick White was, and could become, when they traded for him. Nobody is thinking, oh gee, San Antonio holds players back, maybe Keldon Johnson will grow a brain, start trying on defense, learn how to shoot, and do something other than put his head down and barrel into the paint come or high water if only we get him away from Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 4 protection is barely any better than top 10 protection for a Bulls team that won't tank.
    I suppose I see enough risk that they might unintentionally tank

They could lose DeRozan in free agency, of it they keep him he could decline more than they expect at his age. Same with Vucevic. They could lose Patrick Williams as an rfa, and if he stays it's still a significant injury to return from. Caruso is no guarantee of health.

I could see them slipping to around where Brooklyn was while still trying to win

Thread Information