Results 40,676 to 40,686 of 40686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dutch Prime Mark Rutte Minister Confirmed as Next NATO Secretary General

Mark Rutte has been confirmed as the next NATO Secretary General, following unanimous agreement among all 32 alliance members that the outgoing Dutch Prime Minister will succeed Jens Stoltenberg.

Rutte will take over NATO’s leadership at a critical time on October 2, a month before the US Presidential election, set to be held on November 5, 2024.

Former US President Donald Trump, the current Republican candidate, has vowed to maintain NATO membership but has also threatened to reduce US assistance to Ukraine if reelected.

As NATO’s head, Rutte will have to face multiple challenges, including supporting Ukraine at the beginning of winter, when Russia usually intensifies its attacks on energy infrastructure, and navigating potentially Trump’s presidency.

https://united24media.com/latest-new...ry-general-839

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

https://united24media.com/latest-new...ry-general-839
    Like us...in '44 Nazi's bad.

Like us...in '24 Nazi's good. So good that we give millions of Nazi's in Ukraine free health-care/full ride.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be turning to that.
    But so far in the whole war, the Shahed has been a load on Ukraine. The are so many they can overwhelm air defenses, although it looks like that has been corrected by Ukraine based on what I read.

The war has taken a turn for Ukraine now. When those Russian artillery spots are located and rendered inaccurate, they dont know where to fire. The Russians are losing the war on seeing what is coming. There radar systems are taking a pummeling. That allows Ukraine to render the artillery cover inaccurate. Ukraine has many targets ID and located. Now they can actually take them out because of the help they are getting. Russia is now on the back foot. Putin and Russia do not hint of cease fires when they are on the front foot. When Putin goes through a purge of the military leaders, its easy to see it is not going well. It appears Putin might have a "pitching" rotation of military leaders though. When the military tells him in aint going well because... they are put on the back burner and then rotated in again when it inevitably goes bad again. Keeps everyone on their toes, loyalty wears thin. Dictators know this. Trump knows this. Except Trump cant rotate as easily because he cant control all the criminals he has hired going to jail. Interesting parallel with authoritarians and how they lead, even in completely different situations.
    Apparently, the Russian glide bombs have been especially devastating because they can't effectively be stopped by air defense. The only way to counter them is to hit the jets that drop them -- so that's where F-16s may really make a difference if they're used in meaningful numbers... in addition to more "PATRIOT" air defense support. Of course the PATRIOT misses and batteries are ridiculously expense but Uncle Sam (meaning you and I) will be paying a big chunk of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & in' 'em hard.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Apparently, the Russian glide bombs have been especially devastating because they can't effectively be stopped by air defense. The only way to counter them is to hit the jets that drop them -- so that's where F-16s may really make a difference if they're used in meaningful numbers... in addition to more "PATRIOT" air defense support. Of course the PATRIOT misses and batteries are ridiculously expense but Uncle Sam (meaning you and I) will be paying a big chunk of it.
    ...along with the health-care/FULL RIDE for the millions of Nazi's in Ukraine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Took less than 24 hours to get SK's goat thru Biden's goat.

tee, hee.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The glide bombs are devastating because they are cheap and work best on cities where you dont need precision. At least the Russians dont worry about precision in cities unless they want to get at Energy complexes.
    In combat they can be effective militarily because of what you said and the numbers you can bring to a hot spot where the Ukrainians are in a denser configuration.
    Ukraine is countering by hitting the military airports where the planes that carry the glide bombs are sent from. Its very difficult to get the planes in time. This is one of the reasons the Ukrainians want to use US made weapons because they are taking off from inside Russia and purposely with in range of Ukrainian cities like Kharkiv. If the planes are sent from great distance they get shot down. So used close to the action is critical. This is what I have gathered.
    And yes Patriot systems are very expensive as they can stop the air attacks launched close to the action in a very small increment of time. Super fast air defense. If we let the Ukrainians hit the Russians across the border at their airbases we would push the airbases back and the Patriot system would not be as important. Time and distance are critical. Both countries use drones and they are very slow but you can send lots of them cheaply. Ukraine is way out in front in drone technology. Over 200 different companies producing them. I know people post a lot of blow up the tank vids, but the most important targets for Ukraine are the forward air defense and radar. The defense systems are ineffective without the radar. But apparently the radar are not as "fun" on video blowing up. If you hit the actually missiles then you get a fireworks display before all those multiple tubes are emptied. Radar, airports, fuel complexes, transportation hubs, naval stations are the most important targets for air and water strikes for Ukraine. The ground fighting gets very tough on Ukraine when they cant even get out of where they are dug in due to artillery. And if the Russians dont do effective artillery before attacking on the ground they are taking huge loses. So drones used on tanks and artillery are very important for ground combat.

My take after reading a lot of material on this. I want this to end.
    Last edited by pgardn; 15 Minutes Ago at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information