Page 412 of 412 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412
Results 10,276 to 10,296 of 10296
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread had talk a couple of days ago about the merits of trading for Cade Cunningham.

Count me in for pro-Cade-trade. If Langdon is ever going to remake the team in his own image now is the time to restart the tank clock and get extra picks in 2025. After firing the coach and gm, he has the freedom to move Cade now that might lose in the future.

I don't know if I'd give to both 24 picks + both atl picks, but maybe keep 4 or 8 and give them another protected pick in 25 to make up for it like the. Chicago pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four 1st for trae and Ris including the Hawks picks? Yowza.
    I can see three of those picks definitely including two this year maybe some 2nd round picks added on.

If they're sold on Ris, that wouldn't be bad if trae plans on trying on defense.
    Essentially, it'd be - 3 picks for the Spurs, but an upgrade of a pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sarr at 4 is great value. Are you that low on him?
    I'm a biased negatively toward prospects from the Australian league, maybe more than player from Ignite.

I've never been impressed by what I saw and wonder if he's a good fit with Wemby

I think it would be a case of "we have to take him in term of pobabilities" more than "we're excited he's what we need"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With CHI making the move for Giddy and having White there too, I wonder if their price for Ayo drops. Ayo/11 for 8 would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs make 8 available, it could be contingent. Say, Chicago wants to jump up to grab somebody. Who it is, unsure. Meanwhile, the Spurs feel like they can still get their dude by dropping some. But this wouldn't trigger unless the Spurs think they can still get theirs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs make 8 available, it could be contingent. Say, Chicago wants to jump up to grab somebody. Who it is, unsure. Meanwhile, the Spurs feel like they can still get their dude by dropping some. But this wouldn't trigger unless the Spurs think they can still get theirs.
    Totally. Clingan and Matas being there at 8 would help for CHI or MEM, or someone who still likes Topic wanting to get ahead of Utah at 10.

And then the Spurs could pick up someone like Cody a little later and not have it feel like a reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to read that Sarr to Wizards is a lock, which makes sense for them. in the weeks after the lottery, Sarr to the hawks was the foregone conclusion, but man there's just been a lot of smoke that they are deciding between Clingan/Risacher

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be very interesting to watch Chicago this off-season.

I don’t think Ayo is any more available now that Giddey is there. I think they will roll with a 3 guard rotation of White-Giddey-Ayo. They are kind of set at guard with 3 solid young pieces.

Rumours are they’re trying to offload Lavine with one scenario they get back Huerter and Barnes from the Kings. That gives them a 3 forward rotation of DeRozan, Pat Williams, Barnes with Huerter getting spot minutes at forward and guard.

Then you have Vuc and the backup C rounding out your 10 man rotation.

Wonder if they try and trade Vuc (they should since he sucks and doesn’t play defense).

In terms of their 11 pick I think they look at whoever’s available out of Cody Williams, Ron Holland, Salaun. Maybe they go C with Edey or Ware.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to read that Sarr to Wizards is a lock, which makes sense for them. in the weeks after the lottery, Sarr to the hawks was the foregone conclusion, but man there's just been a lot of smoke that they are deciding between Clingan/Risacher
    Clingan and Sarr going 1-2 in the draft would be a GREAT way to start for the Spurs. It’s pretty likely too imo. If I’m the GM of the Hawks I just do not feel comfortable taking Risacher 1 overall tbh. I like him and would be happy with him at 4 for the Spurs, but just doesn’t feel right picking him 1. Sarr at 1 is easier to justify but he isn’t giving the Hawks a workout lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinion is really firming that Sarr will go to Washington, and that this is his preference, leaving the question of whether Atlanta takes Risacher or Clingan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be very interesting to watch Chicago this off-season.

I don’t think Ayo is any more available now that Giddey is there. I think they will roll with a 3 guard rotation of White-Giddey-Ayo. They are kind of set at guard with 3 solid young pieces.

Rumours are they’re trying to offload Lavine with one scenario they get back Huerter and Barnes from the Kings. That gives them a 3 forward rotation of DeRozan, Pat Williams, Barnes with Huerter getting spot minutes at forward and guard.

Then you have Vuc and the backup C rounding out your 10 man rotation.

Wonder if they try and trade Vuc (they should since he sucks and doesn’t play defense).

In terms of their 11 pick I think they look at whoever’s available out of Cody Williams, Ron Holland, Salaun. Maybe they go C with Edey or Ware.
    Good analysis of the situation there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinion is really firming that Sarr will go to Washington, and that this is his preference, leaving the question of whether Atlanta takes Risacher or Clingan.
    Yup, board seems to be shaping up:
    1) Risacher or Clingan
    2) Sarr
    3) Sheppard
    4) Risacher (possibly, if Atlanta goes with Clingan) or Castle

Personally, if I'm Atlanta I play hardball and give Washington a big FU by taking Sarr anyway, and force them to give something up if they want him, plus dropping one slot reduces the salary.

Also, Detroit could be trying to trade down:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, board seems to be shaping up:
    1) Risacher or Clingan
    2) Sarr
    3) Sheppard
    4) Risacher (possibly, if Atlanta goes with Clingan) or Castle

Personally, if I'm Atlanta I play hardball and give Washington a big FU by taking Sarr anyway, and force them to give something up if they want him, plus dropping one slot reduces the salary.

Also, Detroit could be trying to trade down:
    Feels like there will be a lot of contingency spells that will go off under certain cir stances. Detroit trades down if Risacher/Sheppard doesn't get to them, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone predicts lots of moves but they don't end up happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone predicts lots of moves but they don't end up happening
    Obviously. What's different is how flat this draft is, fit becomes more important, so getting specific players. Probably nothing happens, but who knows.

My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    Obviously. What's different is how flat this draft is, fit becomes more important, so getting specific players. Probably nothing happens, but who knows.
    Nah the draft just lacks prospects that look like likely All Stars and no likely All NBA.

That does not mean the talent doesn't drop from the top 5 or so of Sarr, Risacher, Castle, Sheppard, and/or Clingan who are likely starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m the Pistons I’m taking Clingan at 5 if he falls past the top 3. Duren to me is average at best. Less than a block a game, doesn’t even protect the rim. I then trade Duren for a much needed upgrade at the 4 who can provide shooting around Cade and Ausar such as Kuzma, Cam Johnson or Miles Bridges. Nets don’t need a C right now but Claxton is a UFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the draft just lacks prospects that look like likely All Stars and no likely All NBA.

That does not mean the talent doesn't drop from the top 5 or so of Sarr, Risacher, Castle, Sheppard, and/or Clingan who are likely starters.
    Debateable, and really just buying into the fiction that a Risacher is any better than a Knecht. Very much a doubt. I do think the draft gets a little soft around picks 8 or 9, but then it picks up in terms of value for the spot. There are gems scattered, and the draft may be deeper than most. A lot of drafts are pretty much done around pick 20 and that won't be the case here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher then Trading up to get Castle would be perfect.

My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    Debateable, and really just buying into the fiction that a Risacher is any better than a Knecht. Very much a doubt. I do think the draft gets a little soft around picks 8 or 9, but then it picks up in terms of value for the spot. There are gems scattered, and the draft may be deeper than most. A lot of drafts are pretty much done around pick 20 and that won't be the case here.
    You can throw Knecht up there or take Risacher down but I see a significant dropoff after that group.

Once you get past that second tier of guards and wings of the Holland, Buzelis, Salaun, Topic, Dillingham, Carter, Williams, and whoever you want to add to it there is another dropoff.

There are not many bigs in this draft worth a after the first two.

Spurs are pretty well positioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can throw Knecht up there or take Risacher down but I see a significant dropoff after that group.

Once you get past that second tier of guards and wings of the Holland, Buzelis, Salaun, Topic, Dillingham, Carter, Williams, and whoever you want to add to it there is another dropoff.

There are not many bigs in this draft worth a after the first two.

Spurs are pretty well positioned.
    Seems fairly situational.

Say that Chicago wants the 8. This has been batted about on the rumor mill. Don't know who the Bulls want. But if the Spurs get to their second pick and there are still Carter and Dillingham on the board, or Carter and Topic, then the trade can make sense. They have to get through Chicago (at 8), Memphis, and Utah. Banking on neither Chicago nor Memphis wanting guards, they see one of their guys still there.

Going down to Portland at 14 is much riskier, as a different example.

There are a lot of players who will be swimming around those spots. Topic, Carter, Dillingham, Carrington, and rumors have guys like Kyshawn George and Johnny Furphy around the lottery range.

Thread Information