Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons Fire Monty Williams. A week before the draft interesting timing. Franchise seems to be in complete turmoil.
    Another franchise, like Phoenix, joining the Let’s Pay Three Coaches At Once Club?

Monte was put into an untenable situation with the roster that Troy Weaver assembled. Troy deserved to be fired for that. Monte did not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances we pursue Butler. Apparently he’s being shopped. He would look great next to wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One note: at the start of last season Ivey seemed to really be in Monte's doghouse. By the end of the season, Ivey was starting and playing heavy minutes, but it wasn't clear that Ivey was someone Monte really cared for. Ivey may either get shipped off by the new regime, or they may view him as a key piece who has been mismanaged to date. I think that will be an important pivot piece for Detroit. I'd still be very interested him for the Spurs in the 6th man scorer role if he were available.
    Not really a fan of Ivey but I would consider making a call to see if they're interested in a deal centered around Keldon Johnson and/or Champagnie, plus maybe minor pieces (not FRPs). Under those conditions it could be worth taking a closer look at him for a couple of years before making a decision, and a change of scenery might suit him well too. I'd ask for Sasser as well since we're at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chances we pursue Butler. Apparently he’s being shopped. He would look great next to wemby
    He’s a problem child that wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. He also didn’t mesh well with young players in Minny. He’ll be 35 before next season starts, which is why Miami won’t pay him,and is willing to do a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler's very good, but also the prime example in this era of a guy who maybe thought a tad too much of his own talents, insisting on being "the man" and #1 option instead of staying with Embiid... That 76er team was one improbable shot away from going to the conference finals. Butler also feuded with situations in Chicago, Minny, and Philly, so there seems to be a clear track record. If he was 28 it might be a good risk, but at 35 (on a team with an emerging 20 yr old superstar), I just don't think the fit is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons Fire Monty Williams. A week before the draft interesting timing. Franchise seems to be in complete turmoil.
    Must be nice to get your next 50-60 million for free. Doubt he cares about getting fired from the worst situation in basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF, didn't they pay Monty an insane contract? Do they have to eat the cost of what's left on his contract?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard no on Butler. He is old, has bad knees, and every team he has been on has ended up not wanting him after a few years.

Bulls, Wolves, 76ers, and now the Heat, all got out of the Jimmy Butler business almost as soon as they got into the Jimmy Butler business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another franchise, like Phoenix, joining the Let’s Pay Three Coaches At Once Club?

Monte was put into an untenable situation with the roster that Troy Weaver assembled. Troy deserved to be fired for that. Monte did not.
    monte was also weirdly playing killian hayes over jaden ivey to the point where weaver had to trade him like the moneyball scene where he said "you cant play pena at first today. i traded him"

im not saying thats a terminable offense, but that really stuck out to me in the first half of the season

Thread Information