Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher report:

Dennis Robertson, the uncle of Kawhi Leonard who is known to be one of his top influencers, reportedly attempted to cir vent the NBA's collective bargaining agreement during free-agency negotiations this summer.
    ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said the following on Monday's First Take:
    "This is me putting on my reporter's hat here. People in NBA circles are talking about this right now: Allegedly, the uncle, Uncle Dennis, was asking for a lot of stuff from the other teams; houses, planes, sponsorship, guaranteed sponsorship money, just as an example. They're throwing this stuff out there. All of those things are supposedly illegal in the collective bargaining agreement. I have no idea whether this is true or not. I'm not trying to cast any aspersions on Uncle Dennis, but people in NBA circles are talking about this as we speak. Why is that important? Because one could argue the reason why this story is out there right now about the Lakers and the Raptors feeling played wasn't just because of what Uncle Dennis asked for, but they're going to try to turn that around and parlay that into a question about what did the Clippers give up to get Kawhi Leonard. So in other words, you've got teams right now playing games with one another talking about they're trying to point the finger at the Clippers saying, 'let's ask what the Clippers did to get Kawhi Leonard.'

"I'm here to tell you right now, we don't care. We don't care. The bottom line is Kawhi Leonard is with the Los Angeles Clippers. He's not with the Lakers or the Raptors, but I'm telling you right now in the days to come you're going to hear more noise about what Kawhi's camp was asking for, with questions about what the Clippers gave up."
    If the Clippers are found to have violated the CBA, they could be subject to a penalty that includes a $3 million fine, a loss of a first-round pick and/or the voiding of Leonard's contract. The most notable example of CBA cir vention was the Minnesota Timberwolves' illegal contractual agreement with Joe Smith, which resulted in the team losing four first-round picks, having Smith's contracts voided and a $3.5 million fine.
    This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said the following on Monday's First Take:
    "I have no idea whether this is true or not."
    This sums it up.
    Should be on the top of every article / appearance this clown makes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wouldn't doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm not trying to cast any aspersions on Uncle Dennis,"
    No, not at all Numb Nutts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sums it up.
    Should be on the top of every article / appearance this clown makes.
    Doesn't make the question any less legit. Did the Clippers go over the line to recruit Load Management.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is somehow proven to be true, would any of us be surprised? Kawhi and his camp are the most cutthroat and shady dealers in the NBA right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen A. Smith needs to shoot himself, but then so does Uncle Dennis.

This is the kind of stuff that gets Zion to Duke, by the way. You'd never hear it if nephew went to the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen A. is a joke, but so is Uncle Dennis. I wouldn't doubt uncle asked for those things. Jerry West is smart enough, and has been in the game long enough, though, that I doubt he did anything beyond orchestrating the PG trade to satisfy that request...which was extreme enough.

The media gets all fired up because the Lakers are saying they feel played. No one really cares about the Raptors in all of this, tbh. And for the Lakers it's just sour grapes. Kawhi probably was holding out until the Clippers trade came through...the Lakers are just not used to not getting what they want so now they're going to about the process that they fully volunteered to participate in. Had the Clips not swung that deal, who knows, Kawhi may have swallowed his pride and been LeBron's for a couple of years. He was going to LA regardless, someway, somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't he asking for some ridiculous stuff here before they wanted out from the Spurs? Probably just asks for stuff he knows he won't get, then use that as justification to say they didn't give us what we wanted so we dipped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Further vindicates Spurs on what kind of vultures PATFO was dealing with. The uglier Uncle Dennis (Kiwi representation) gets the better for Spurs image, that Uncle Dennis would do everything, lies, exaggerates injury, to get what they want imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not at all Numb Nutts.
    Seems like Masari had some thoughts along these lines as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A real surprise would be if there are not shady dealings going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt West gave them anything, but this may be why nephew took a short deal. He wants the Lakers but they wouldn't deal under the table, either.

Nephew is losing money everywhere. The Lakers may wind up losing AD, LeBron is getting old, and they treated all their parts.

Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis making his name somehow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when you give amateurs too much power, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because I'm sure the Lakers never did any shady deals under the the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but accusing him and Nephew for over exaggerating or faking an injury is out of the question lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh so when it’s the Lakers involved, now they aren’t quick to say “but it was the Spurs fault all along.” Gotta love how those s always change the narrative when it’s convenient to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Dennis, Skip Bayless insists that UD introduced himself to Skip at the Pacquiao fight in Vegas Saturday (with Kawhi sitting nearby).

Dennis told Skip, "Kawhi asked me to say hi to you" or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody gonna get reparations except the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody gonna get reparations except the Spurs.
    Yep ... because the Spurs "harmed" him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do, if this is true and Quitter’s contract is voided, what then?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are paying 1/7th of their national tv revenue in reparations to the Spirits of Louis. That makes the luxury tax harder to cross for the Spurs, Nets, Nuggets and Pacers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this should have been his logo. It’s uncle Dennis dragging nephew’s hand down.

Thread Information