Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq once said Timmy is not in the consideration of the best big men, because he's a power forward.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ncan-a-big-man

He also said Timmy is the GOAT PF before.
    https://www.cleveland.com/sports/ind...ter_19_se.html

But then he said two months later he's one of the greatest center ever, even better than Shaq himself.
    https://airalamo.com/2016/09/14/shaq...s-nba-history/

So what did Shaq really mean? The contradiction really makes me confused.

Which also drive me crazy is that sometimes Shaq said Timmy is one of the GOAT, but then sometimes he picked guys like Allen Iverson over Timmy.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...y1hvbvqrr53b9t

Man, I am really confused. Anyone could explain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. He's a ing idiot. He can talk about having a bought PhD all he wants, he's ignorant and barely intelligible when he talks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaqs basketball takes are abysmal. I cringe everytime I hear his opinion on inside the NBA. He's only there to crack jokes and throw shade at chuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaqs basketball takes are abysmal. I cringe everytime I hear his opinion on inside the NBA. He's only there to crack jokes and throw shade at chuck.
    Other than his Shaqting segments, which basically write themselves, he completely ruined the chemistry of Inside the NBA when he joined.

MAGA
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    OP taking Shaq seriously?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]Shaq once said Timmy is not in the consideration of the best big men, because he's a power forward.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ncan-a-big-man[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]He also said Timmy is the GOAT PF before.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]https://www.cleveland.com/sports/ind...ter_19_se.html[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]But then he said two months later he's one of the greatest center ever, even better than Shaq himself.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]https://airalamo.com/2016/09/14/shaq...s-nba-history/[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]So what did Shaq really mean? The contradiction really makes me confused.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]Which also drive me crazy is that sometimes Shaq said Timmy is one of the GOAT, but then sometimes he picked guys like Allen Iverson over Timmy.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...y1hvbvqrr53b9t

[/FONT]

Man, I am really confused. Anyone could explain?
    I learned a very long time ago not to take anything Shaq says seriously. That man is known to be a walking contradiction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP taking Shaq seriously?

I was gonna say that Shaq is an admitted and unashamed liar. A lot of folks have O'Neal as the better player (and it's a better argument than a lot of people here might believe), but I think he's jealous of Tim's success and stability. I think Shaq thinks he's the best "big man" of all time while simultaneously thinking Tim is a better player than him. Only way both of those can be true is if Tim for some reason doesn't count as a big man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I learned a very long time ago not to take anything Shaq says seriously. That man is known to be a walking contradiction.
    OK Thanks guys, looks like I am so dumb taking Shaq's seriously...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna say that Shaq is an admitted and unashamed liar. A lot of folks have O'Neal as the better player (and it's a better argument than a lot of people here might believe), but I think he's jealous of Tim's success and stability. I think Shaq thinks he's the best "big man" of all time while simultaneously thinking Tim is a better player than him. Only way both of those can be true is if Tim for some reason doesn't count as a big man.
    I remember many years ago reading a passage from Shaq's autobiography "Shaq talks back" in which he talks about being frustrated with guarding Duncan. In the book I'm paraphrasing but he says he was getting frustrated with guarding Tim because he couldn't stop him and that Phil switched him off of Tim and had him guard Robinson instead. Shaq confronted Phil after the game about it saying he wanted to guard Duncan the whole entire game and Phil responded by saying that Duncan is not a center and that Shaq can't guard power forwards. Shaq then rationalizes in the book to make himself feel better that Duncan is not a center so his role is not to guard him. He also admits being jealous of how Duncan won early in in his career and believes he would also had won early in his career if he had David Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember many years ago reading a passage from Shaq's autobiography "Shaq talks back" in which he talks about being frustrated with guarding Duncan. In the book I'm paraphrasing but he says he was getting frustrated with guarding Tim because he couldn't stop him and that Phil switched him off of Tim and had him guard Robinson instead. Shaq confronted Phil after the game about it saying he wanted to guard Duncan the whole entire game and Phil responded by saying that Duncan is not a center and that Shaq can't guard power forwards. Shaq then rationalizes in the book to make himself feel better that Duncan is not a center so his role is not to guard him. He also admits being jealous of how Duncan won early in in his career and believes he would also had won early in his career if he had David Robinson.
    I hear he and Dave have buried the hatchet, sort of. I don't think I've seen them together recently, but it's a nice thought if he credits his rival that way. A lot of folks don't even remember Admiral, or they remember him as a non-winner. He was pretty much the CP3 (center form of course) or his day, not the Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Shaq was the biggest beneficiary of non-calls, particularly 3 second violations. He would camp out in the lane time after time. If properly enforced, he wouldn't have been nearly as effective. He was purely a physical specimen and took advantage of situations. Duncan had the better skills, BBIQ, and leadership skills.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember after Shaqs book, they asked David about it..... David was like, “what, he wrote a book?.... is it in crayon?”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember after Shaqs book, they asked David about it..... David was like, “what, he wrote a book?.... is it in crayon?”
    I remember Dave asking if it was a coloring book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Slice is talking about a later book, written in Shaq was older and had already admitted the autograph story was a lie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear he and Dave have buried the hatchet, sort of. I don't think I've seen them together recently, but it's a nice thought if he credits his rival that way. A lot of folks don't even remember Admiral, or they remember him as a non-winner. He was pretty much the CP3 (center form of course) or his day, not the Davis.
    I enjoyed it when David snubbed Phil Jackson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't stop laughing watching this video

Pretty cool move by Dave

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Dave asking if it was a coloring book.
    You may be right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq always forgets what he says. You just have to disregard one statement as soon as he makes the next one. But the dude made up a beef with Robinson and then furthered the lie by putting it in a book. Basically all you have to know is that Shaq has major love for Tim Duncan and regards him as one of the best players of all time. But when he says Tim is better, I think Shaq means his post game and foot work specifically.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David should've decked him, tbh.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime shaq was so dominate physically nobody not even timmy had a prayer of slowing him down

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq is full of . He didn't like Robinson ever since Robison put up 71 to take the scoring le.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David will always be the man but if you had prime David and Shaq playing together they would have wrecked teams that would have been Crazy!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime shaq was so dominate physically nobody not even timmy had a prayer of slowing him down
    Prime shaq use to get schooled by prime David. People like Jim Rome influenced how people viewed David unfortunately.. that being said, Dave did lack some nasty to his game. Overalll, though, you can look at their matchups up til David’s foot and back injury and David gave shaq fits.

Shaq knew new he couldn’t compete with David’s quickness and that David had some advantages. He hated David for that, and you can see it whenever Shaq would compliment the dream, Ewing or whoever else but never mention of Dave. David Robinson in his prime was an absolute freak. It’s just too bad he had to play with Vinny, AJ, and the likes as well as have coaches like Tark and Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime shaq use to get schooled by prime David. People like Jim Rome influenced how people viewed David unfortunately.. that being said, Dave did lack some nasty to his game. Overalll, though, you can look at their matchups up til David’s foot and back injury and David gave shaq fits.

Shaq knew new he couldn’t compete with David’s quickness and that David had some advantages. He hated David for that, and you can see it whenever Shaq would compliment the dream, Ewing or whoever else but never mention of Dave. David Robinson in his prime was an absolute freak. It’s just too bad he had to play with Vinny, AJ, and the likes as well as have coaches like Tark and Hill.
    David had his moments but Shaq did seem to punk him for the most part. DR always took the high road which imo prevented him from true dominance. Still the guy was an all timer in any era. Way ahead of his time for sure.

Thread Information