View Poll Results: Who is the better player?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Leonard

70 44.59%
  • LeBron James

87 55.41%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he is.

He doesn't have the offensive capability to carry an entire team all by himself, like LeBron does.

But no player in the world has the ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor like Kawhi. He's a knockdown shooter from deep, he can guard positions 1 through 4, he can get to the line while still finishing in traffic, he's very good at playing passing lanes and anticipating the steal. I could go on and on.

At one point, he was #1 in the NBA in real plus-minus--ahead of even Steph Curry--before Pop started experimenting towards the end of the season and ruining his numbers. There's a reason why the Spurs have the 2nd best record in the NBA and Kawhi will finish 2nd in MVP voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's clearly the best player in the game today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you take into account what a headache LeBron is for the coach, organization and some other players to deal with, I'd take Kawhi.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    as a spurs fan, i'm ecstatic that this is even a legitimate question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id take Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to be the best player on the court in the Golden State series. None of this Bron Bron fan rationalization that he makes everyone else better until...he doesn't. Then it's everyone else's fault. To be better than Lebron or better than Curry he has to carry the Spurs offensively otherwise no he's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. LeBron controls a team and offense in a way Kawhi doesn't at this point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If you take into account what a headache LeBron is for the coach, organization and some other players to deal with, I'd take Kawhi.
    if lebron was on the spurs he wouldn't be headache for anyone. he'd be too happy winning.

do the cavs even have a front office? i'm not even sure if that "organization" knows what those two words mean. they're lucky to be in the east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is too consistent. Kawhi is right behind him IMO and a half a tier behind Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no and it's not close. Lebron is a walking playoff ticket.

This place is like Lakersground lite. This is the "Ditka" crew for sure.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi match up well against Lebron.

But comparing Kawhi vs THE REST and Lebron vs THE REST...Lebron is still better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is a walking finals ticket

Kawhi still needs to prove he can lead a team like LeBron has already proven (for more than part of a season with help, or one game with help). LeBron is and always has been Cleveland all by himself. Sadly on the Heat super team, many times he was that whole team as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    going forward i'll take kawhi, he's much younger and is still improving

but lebron currently has more impact on games, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head-to-head in a series, Kawhi is better hands down. Lebron will be reduced to a jump shooter & passer with a few off-balance lurches thrown in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if lebron was on the spurs he wouldn't be headache for anyone. he'd be too happy winning.

do the cavs even have a front office? i'm not even sure if that "organization" knows what those two words mean. they're lucky to be in the east.
    He won plenty in Miami and he and Riley butted-heads about LeBron's entourage (he wanted them on team flights, right behind the bench, and to have a few of them get jobs inside the Heat organization). LeBron's had this freedom in both his stints in Cleveland. Riles said 'no' and that's a big factor in why he left despite 4 straight Finals appearances and two les. So, if Riles and winning couldn't make him happy, not sure Pop and winning would either. He wants to run the show.

But I completely agree with you about the cavs organization and their "front office."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO. / thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Labronie works the refs from the tipoff. He uses all 48 minutes to play the game that sets himself up to control final possessions and to ice games at the line. Until kawhi does this, no he's not better

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is a great player, he's improving all the time, and he's 24 years old. Today, 99 percent of people would take 31-year-old Lebron over him. That's not an insult in any way. Kawhi Leonard has turned himself into one of the top players in the league. Lebron has turned himself into one of the top players of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta go with 24-yo Kawhi over 31-yo Lebron. Neither is currently peaking, but I'll take the guy with upside over a guy on the decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 2014 onwards if Bron goes beast mode and carries his team they still can be beaten and often are in big games be it Heat or Cavs. Kawhi when he explodes both end of the court Spurs almost always win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the present time it's still Lebron. His playmaking and distributing are on another level, and probably present the biggest disparity between the two players. He's also better at playing through frustration/adversity than the younger Leonard, and making better decisions in difficult situations. With the way Kawhi's progressing he'll probably surpass him soon though. So if you're taking age into account, then Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe hes next in line to recieve the torch from Lebron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted no because while Kawhi is right now a top player i think LeBron is a more complete player, Kawhi is a better defender, yet lebron can defend many positions, and is a better offensive player and playmaker.

I think Kawhi being on the Spurs makes him look maybe better than James but just think if the Cavs had KL instead of LJ could they have reached the finals and took GS to 6 games? Would the cavs have the record they have right now.

Most likely no.

Thread Information