Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...uggets-game-2/

Some good stuff, some bad stuff.

P.S.

The official box score is wrong regarding how many minutes McDermott and Forbes played. Their plus/minus numbers are also wrong. The stats I put are correct. Hopefully it gets fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there goes 82-0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how most of Pop’s grade hinders on his decision making when it comes to Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how most of Pop’s grade hinders on his decision making when it comes to Forbes.
    Seems to be obvious to everyone but pop hes a total liability. Primo wasting minutes so bryn can feed his kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two games in a row I agree with the grades tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes with a generous D!

... He shoulda got an F!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah Forbes should get an F ... I mean everything he did was slapstick comedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If yall thought Poodle struggled with Joker, wait until he sees the Greek freak lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a true back up big. A backup big needs to do at least 1 of 3 things. Protect the paint like Dwight Howard or javale mcgee, space the floor like Dario saric and Kelly olynyk, or be crazy athletic and be an energy big like montrezl Harrell. Drew Eubanks isn't any of those things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a true back up big. A backup big needs to do at least 1 of 3 things. Protect the paint like Dwight Howard or javale mcgee, space the floor like Dario saric and Kelly olynyk, or be crazy athletic and be an energy big like montrezl Harrell. Drew Eubanks isn't any of those things.
    Well they need a lot things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't going to win every game. However, I want to see fight, teamwork, effort.....they showed that last night in a city we have historically struggled to steal the W. Right now Jokic is on a zen level of basketball. It is beautiful to watch, unless he is doing it to your team. He did it to our team.

BTW, stop being so nice to Forbes, he got another F.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to play Jock instead if Eubanks. Jock can shoot the 3 and is a way better passer than Drew. The team really struggled to create open 3 point shots. I’d like to see some plays run for McDermott to get him going early.
    Keldon has really worked on his in between game and looked great.

Murray needs to shoot the 3 better and is still playing out if control. If White and Murray can’t average 20 with that increase in usage that’s an issue. White was great defensively, Murray gambled too much.

Forbes seems to be useless in this drive and kick offense, I‘d rather see Primo out there.

Thad Young just looked not interested in playing here, he was terrible. On his first action he immediately sagged off of Jokic and gave up a wide open 3. That’s beyond stupid.

Pop should’ve kept some time outs for the end of the game. I have no clue why he didn’t.

All in all this was a good game, considering the Spurs were really sloppy with the basketball, but Denver pretty much controlled the game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for playing Jock over Eubanks, Dqrew is a good 3rd big but not an nba back up. I hope Pop will play Jock more and more.

For Young, if he's not a part of the rotation, we need to trade him in the next few weeks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the heck did Yak end up with that +/- while being abused by Jokic?
    also: just looking at the statline, seems the 3pt quota is where we drop the decisive points as well. greta that the guys have the ocnfidence to keep them flying and keep defenses honest, but getting points off them directly wouldn't harm either..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect out come. Played hard and cone up just short! Tank on!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. I caught some glimpses of the game. Looking at the stats, a few of those 3pts from McBuckets and we’re in the ball game, so I wasn’t that disappointed. The turnovers is a lot though, and that they have to fix. Also I wasn’t surprised by Jokic performance. That was predictable. He is at least the reigning MVP. But Poeltl needs to learn from these BIGS matches. He needs to learn to stay in there and not getting in foul trouble. Still we looked overmatched in the C position, and Thad was a bit short on that end. But he could’ve been more aggressive and maybe get Jokic out of his game some. I agree, Londale could’ve gotten some burn with his scrappiness, anything to throw Jokic out of rhythm. I was going to say Samanic could’ve helped with pulling Jokic out in the perimeters with his outside shots, and another big body to contest. That would be an ideal game for Collins’ outside game.

I like KJ always taking the challenge and trying to rally the team. He is fearless and relentless. Let’s see what he does tonight. He got a big game against Giannis the last time. I hope that continues.

Tough lost, but again it’s somewhat understandable. Keep pounding the rock!
    Last edited by John B; 10-23-2021 at 08:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the heck did Yak end up with that +/- while being abused by Jokic?
    anybody will get abused by Jokic ... Jacob was on the floor the first half of the 4th Q where the Spurs made a run before Jokic entered the game again

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a team that has lottery expectations and no clear go-to star player I think we should all be pleased with how the team has played these first two games.

There is clear growth from all these role players. We’re easily one “good” player away from being a legitimate playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If yall thought Poodle struggled with Joker, wait until he sees the Greek freak lol
    I would say Jokic is more of a brute in the post, and Jak really struggles against that. He was simply being bullied last night, and then had to back off of his aggressiveness once he got into foul trouble.

A lot of Giannis' attack is rim running, and I think Poeltl can be more effective against that.

Or maybe I am just being way too optimistic.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a team that has lottery expectations and no clear go-to star player I think we should all be pleased with how the team has played these first two games.

There is clear growth from all these role players. We’re easily one “good” player away from being a legitimate playoff team.
    That's how I describe the team to people...a hodge podge of second and third bananas. This team will flirt with an 8 seed but add a star and they are mid/high seed conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Jokic is more of a brute in the post, and Jak really struggles against that. He was simply being bullied last night, and then had to back off of his aggressiveness once he got into foul trouble.

A lot of Giannis' attack is rim running, and I think Poeltl can be more effective against that.

Or maybe I am just being way too optimistic.
    That was my criticism of Poeltl last year, and I don’t mean to keep drilling on him. I want him to be stronger in the post. He needs to especially get stronger in his lower body, not necessarily get moved, stand his ground. That’s how he gets problem with dominant big in the post. He is an excellent help defense swatting shots, and even active feet to cover perimeter. I don’t want to be overcritical of Poeltl, but he controls the paint, Spurs is a very good defensive team. Already our 3 spots are elite defensively, except in the PF position. Maybe if Londale could play the 4th, but could mean KJ coming off the bench, because McD is necessary as spacer. Anyway, I’m very happy with Jak’s offensive growth. He is getting confident out there, true to what he said he would do in the pre-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good effort. I'd like to see Jock out there over Drew, he can stretch the floor at least.

More Devin less Doug, and just give all of Forbes minutes to Tre or Primo. Primo is arguably a top 3 point shooter on this team, possibly the best who knows doesn't seem like he gets rattled in his shooting confidence. Unleash him even if its for 3 min a game, just get him in there. Granted it's only been 2 games but Primo sits at 30th for MPG for rookies.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is going to struggle winning games with its poor three point shooting. DJM’s not a real point guard and he’s not a shooter. It’s going to continue to be a problem.

I continue to not see the point of Forbes. If he’s not below primo and tre on the depth chart by the all star mark, I’m going to be very disappointed. A great start to the season, nevertheless. I hope Bryn keeps up his poor play and forces pop’s hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it going to take for you to give Forbes an F?

Bryn Forbes

Forbes had a second straight really bad outing. He was laughably terrible on defense and he didn’t help at all on the offense. Forbes spent most of his minutes getting cooked on both ends by Facu Campazzo, a 5-foot-5 Argentine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Whereas Eubanks, according to you "had a couple jump hooks, a few good passes and a pair of contested boards"

but only climbs 1/2 of one grade above Zero Bryn.

Thread Information