Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I for one am not a fan of Popovich as a coach anymore. I believe instead of getting the best out his teams he'd rather grandstand about other things that have nothing to do with basketball. Also his habit of to taking the game seriously then ripping his players when they take on his at ude is stale as well. However I've noticed that some not all posters who call other posters "sniffers" are people who probably never played organized basketball and have no idea what they're looking at.

1. 2 years ago the smart guys on this site who claim they aren't sniffers thought that Jonathan Simmons was a better basketball player that Rudy Gay. Now Rudy Gay was coming of an achilles injury but Rudy Gay on one leg will always be a better player than Jonathan Simmons. as immobile as Rudy Looks now he's still better than Jonathan Simmons.

2. Pau Gasol over Dedmon is another thing that low IQ poster here liked to harp on back when it happened. Yes Pau was dog and didn't deserve that gross contact but to say that Dewayne Dedmon was a better player even at that point was idiotic. Dedmon is what you would call a low IQ basketball player with bad hands and a bad at ude. He put up "decent numbers on a bad Hawks team and barely played last year and right now is no great thing for the kings. Pau in 2017 was still a better place than Dedmon just not at 16 ing million a year.

3. Trading DeMar. Now trading DeMar for the right package is wise and not foolish at all but was is foolish was the idea that we would be a better team by trading DeMar for Nicolas Batum and Marvin Williams. If the Argument was that we'd be a better team for the lottery than I'd be all for it but yo really had posters on here claiming that trade Makes the Spurs a playoff team lol.

4. Clamoring for other teams scrubs but calling every Spurs player a scrub. Posters here will call decent but not spectacular players on the Spurs scrubs but salivate for trash players on other teams. Years ago there was this thing about how much better TJ Warren was than Kyle Anderson. ell Kyle was hideous offensive player but great on defense's a big reason why the defense in 17 was top 10 unit. Now TJ Warren score but at impact. Dude was on a bad Suns team for years scoring but not doing anything else the Suns get rid of him and they're looking good so far Pacers acquire the loser and they look worse than they did without Oladipo last year. while Kyle Anderson still looks like the same player a bad offensive player but still good at defense.

I'm not into praising everything the Spurs organization does because they will never be good with completely because of the Mills 50 million dollar deal that will eat at me for a long time. However it's obviously that most people on this site don't understand basketball and these are just a few examples as to why. Not being stupid doesn't make you a "sniffer" it just simply makes you not stupid lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I for one am not a fan of Popovich as a coach anymore. I believe instead of getting the best out his teams he'd rather grandstand about other things that have nothing to do with basketball. Also his habit of to taking the game seriously then ripping his players when they take on his at ude is stale as well. However I've noticed that some not all posters who call other posters "sniffers" are people who probably never played organized basketball and have no idea what they're looking at.

1. 2 years ago the smart guys on this site who claim they aren't sniffers thought that Jonathan Simmons was a better basketball player that Rudy Gay. Now Rudy Gay was coming of an achilles injury but Rudy Gay on one leg will always be a better player than Jonathan Simmons. as immobile as Rudy Looks now he's still better than Jonathan Simmons.

2. Pau Gasol over Dedmon is another thing that low IQ poster here liked to harp on back when it happened. Yes Pau was dog and didn't deserve that gross contact but to say that Dewayne Dedmon was a better player even at that point was idiotic. Dedmon is what you would call a low IQ basketball player with bad hands and a bad at ude. He put up "decent numbers on a bad Hawks team and barely played last year and right now is no great thing for the kings. Pau in 2017 was still a better place than Dedmon just not at 16 ing million a year.

3. Trading DeMar. Now trading DeMar for the right package is wise and not foolish at all but was is foolish was the idea that we would be a better team by trading DeMar for Nicolas Batum and Marvin Williams. If the Argument was that we'd be a better team for the lottery than I'd be all for it but yo really had posters on here claiming that trade Makes the Spurs a playoff team lol.

4. Clamoring for other teams scrubs but calling every Spurs player a scrub. Posters here will call decent but not spectacular players on the Spurs scrubs but salivate for trash players on other teams. Years ago there was this thing about how much better TJ Warren was than Kyle Anderson. ell Kyle was hideous offensive player but great on defense's a big reason why the defense in 17 was top 10 unit. Now TJ Warren score but at impact. Dude was on a bad Suns team for years scoring but not doing anything else the Suns get rid of him and they're looking good so far Pacers acquire the loser and they look worse than they did without Oladipo last year. while Kyle Anderson still looks like the same player a bad offensive player but still good at defense.

I'm not into praising everything the Spurs organization does because they will never be good with completely because of the Mills 50 million dollar deal that will eat at me for a long time. However it's obviously that most people on this site don't understand basketball and these are just a few examples as to why. Not being stupid doesn't make you a "sniffer" it just simply makes you not stupid lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But seriously there has been so many misses that it's getting harder to defend the old man. I am glad though he got rid of Simmons, Dedmon, Anderson, and Bertans. I was pretty pissed at the Gasol contract and even more so about the Mills contract. Every other back up point guard got 8 million that year and we signed ours for 12.5 million. Forbes shouldn't be starting. Marco shouldn't be playing. White should be playing with DeJounte and both should be finishing games. Lonnie needs more than 2 minutes a game and yelling at him over the 4 minutes he did play sends a better message if you actually played him. We are last in 3's made. It's time for the old man to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - people always said Simmons was better than Brendan Paul, never had anything to do with Rudy Gay

- Pau Gasol was already a player with reduced mobility (like Marco currently) so yes, his contract was completely meaningless since day 1.

- However small the impact of Dedmon, would still have a higher cost-benefit than Pau and this ridiculous contract (even with Chris Paul situation, it was still an unrealistic contract)

- yes, TJ Warren is a better player than Kyle Anderson, Pacers not lost only Oladipo, they also lost their best scorer (Bogdanovic), meaningless example.

PATFO errors will always be pointed out (in fact, even "errors" are just opinions), even though some who argue for any position taken by the front office don't like it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But seriously there has been so many misses that it's getting harder to defend the old man. I am glad though he got rid of Simmons, Dedmon, Anderson, and Bertans. I was pretty pissed at the Gasol contract and even more so about the Mills contract. Every other back up point guard got 8 million that year and we signed ours for 12.5 million. Forbes shouldn't be starting. Marco shouldn't be playing. White should be playing with DeJounte and both should be finishing games. Lonnie needs more than 2 minutes a game and yelling at him over the 4 minutes he did play sends a better message if you actually played him. We are last in 3's made. It's time for the old man to go
    I don't disagree about Pop really he's started to piss me off for years. I more so hate the idiotic posters who believe that they no better when all of their ideas that think would improve the team have been . I think this team becomes better just by simply not playing Marco. No matter how big of a lead the Spurs have you can kiss that goodbye the moment he enters the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No check back people were saying we should have Kept Simmons because he was better than Rudy Gay who tore is achilles. Dedmon sucked and continues to suck just like TJ Warren why is it that Suns got better once they cut the deadweight the likes of him and Josh Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree about Pop really he's started to piss me off for years. I more so hate the idiotic posters who believe that they no better when all of their ideas that think would improve the team have been . I think this team becomes better just by simply not playing Marco. No matter how big of a lead the Spurs have you can kiss that goodbye the moment he enters the game.
    Yeah I don't give a how bad Lonnie is, atleast he can dunk the damn ball and I won't have to see Marco miss a ing layup. Both don't play any defense, but atleast Lonnie can finish at the rim.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    you would rather take 38 year old Pau Gasol's 50 million contract over Dedmon?

This is all I needed to know to not take your opinions seriously. Low IQ poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon is garbage and yes, Pau's impact as a vet is better than whatever Dedmon would have been for us. It wasnt like the Spurs could have gotten anyone else with that money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should mention the specific posters you're referring to instead of posting a generalized message to an abstract type of poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one way to look at it is that no front office is perfect. For a team to win a championship it takes more than having great players as we all know too well. It takes an incredible amount of luck. With injuries, with the way the ball bounces, luck is very much needed.

Lately we are seeing more bad then good with Pop though and thats the issue. I have told my co-workers that I really want Pop to just retire so we can move on and see what our next coach would do with our players. I'm incredibly frustrated with our lineups and the limit he is putting on White and how he completely refuses to play white/murray combo.

With that said, I am trying to think of the positives that Pop has done the last 3 years.

-Derrick White (you have to give credit to Pop for the player he has become. He's got great potential and he is beginning to blossom within our system)

-Not overpaying for Kyle Anderson (Anderson was a nice player who had a lot of length but was only worth a certain price. After Memphis offered an amount, I think we all truly believe the spurs were going to match. But to everyone's surprise, they didn't and that was a good move)

-Starting Murray over Parker (Parker, being who he was and what he meant to the organization, was declining drastically and it was getting painfully obvious he should not start anymore. But of course when we think its obvious it does not mean Pop is going to pull the trigger. But he did on this one, finally starting Murray. And it was the right move.

-Asking for the world when trading Kawhi (if you remember correctly, when the Lakers were making putrid offers Pop wanted the world for Kawhi. I think he was asking for Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, 2 or 3 draft picks and some other stuff but the Lakers were like nah we'll wait lol. But I don't know what happened that he eventually pulled the trigger with Toronto. But initially he was asking for everything in return for Kawhi. And for those who forget, he did ask for Both Siakam and OG but Raptors refused. But I truly believe here that it just got to the point that he got so tired of dealing with his uncle that he just pulled the trigger and got what he believed was the best deal that they were going to get for a disgruntled Kawhi)

-Admitting his mistake with LMA (Lamarcus was disgruntled and he wanted out. But to Pops credit he kept him here. LMA can be a decent "BIG" for a team that has a great backcourt or a great SF (Cough KAWHI Cough) he just isn't great as the main guy which he wasn't supposed to be since Kawhi was taking the reins anyways)

-Getting Morris for Bertans essentially (that was a great move. We were all super excited about this one. He got it done. Morris agreed to come to San Antonio! Unfortunately it wasn't done done so it didn't count. A mans word is worth nothing nowadays. And that was definitely not on Pop. just horrible luck)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you would rather take 38 year old Pau Gasol's 50 million contract over Dedmon?

This is all I needed to know to not take your opinions seriously. Low IQ poster
    Nah you clearly are the low IQ poster I'm referring to because I clearly Pau was superior to Dedmon just not a 16 million a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly don't understand basketball... Just because an individual player is better, doesn't mean they're better for the team... The things a certain role player may bring to a team can be more valuable than what a certain star can bring... For example covington isn't more talented than DDR... but covington is better for this team... It's really not a hard concept to understand

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly don't understand basketball... Just because an individual player is better, doesn't mean they're better for the team... The things a certain role player may bring to a team can be more valuable than what a certain star can bring... For example covington isn't more talented than DDR... but covington is better for this team... It's really not a hard concept to understand
    Nah I've actually played basketball and know about the sport. Now tell me in what way would Jonathan Simmons had made the team better that Rudy Gay? seriously just tell me specifically in that 2017 season what besides not getting a heel injury would have provided more than Rudy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah you clearly are the low IQ poster I'm referring to because I clearly Pau was superior to Dedmon just not a 16 million a year.
    No one thinks old ass Pau Gasol was better than Dedmon, ask any Spurs fans and see how they reacted when PATFO gave him that absurd contract. Only an imbecile like you would think having a $50 million old ass Pau Gasol would be better for the team than Dedmon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thinks old ass Pau Gasol was better than Dedmon, ask any Spurs fans and see how they reacted when PATFO gave him that absurd contract. Only an imbecile like you would think having a $50 million old ass Pau Gasol would be better for the team than Dedmon.
    Once again I clearly said not a 16 million per year. You keep saying that I somehow insinuated that Pau was worth 16 per year. Either reading comprehension isn't your thing or you're trolling but either way I'm done.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Once again I clearly said not a 16 million per year. You keep saying that I somehow insinuated that Pau was worth 16 per year. Either reading comprehension isn't your thing or you're trolling but either way I'm done.
    Except that's the main reason why people stated that Dedmon was better than Pau Gasol. It was because of that $16 million pirce tag that came along with him and the fact that he couldn't do on the court anymore. SO there's no argument that Dedmon was better than Pau Gasol at the time PATFO gave him that contract. Like I said you're a ing idiot

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit reading after first paragraph. If there's anything worse than a sniffer, it's a sniffer apologist. Enjoy your thread. I'm sure it will transform the culture, and lots of people were just waiting for someone like you to show up on the scene.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you don’t know who he’s talking about, he’s probably talking about you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just ing happy my "Sniffers" nickname caught on tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit reading after first paragraph. If there's anything worse than a sniffer, it's a sniffer apologist. Enjoy your thread. I'm sure it will transform the culture, and lots of people were just waiting for someone like you to show up on the scene.
    So where did I apologize or make excuses for the organization. I clearly stated the dumbass mistakes that the organization followed up pointing out the dumbass solutions that posters claimed were better solutions. This post had nothing to do with protecting the front office but highlighting the fact that the solutions to the above problems were worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just ing happy my "Sniffers" nickname caught on tbh
    I actually like it and think it's funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Simmons and Dedmon weren’t world beaters, but they played well in their limited roles on this team and played with passion, which this team has been sorely lacking. Plus they were way cheaper.

Im waiting for it to come out one day that PATFO knew Kawhi liked either of those guys and could’ve thrown him a bone by keeping either one, but still decided to get rid of both them because 68 year old grandpa didn’t like them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played pickup with his buddies and may have played a game or two for his junior high. He knows ball, guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides are right and wrong. The problem with debating which, is some posters have to go to extremes, or overexaggerate to try and prove to their point. Then there's the troll faction, which is another category altogether. Sure PATFO has made some really BAD personnel moves, but the biggest culprit is the big 3 got too old, and the Leonard power play move, This has left PATFO running around scrambling trying to contend and rebuild on the fly. The Gasol, and Patty contracts , to name a couple, are bad contracts.. Having Patty, Belinelli, and Forbes all on the same team, is stupid as well. So now what exactly do you expect out of the Spurs? Think about the talent drain that this team has had to endure the past few years. And other than LA, think about how near impossible it is for SA to lure top free agents. LA and DeRozan are flawed stars at best. Dejounte, Derrick, and Lonnie have potential, but all need seasoning and experience. So far this season this team looks mediocre at best. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if iPATFO trades away LA and DeRozan and blow this team up.

Thread Information