Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres not a whole lot of teams that want anything from San Antonio. Its going to have to be a combination of struggling team trying to make the playoff plus struggling player.

December should open up trade options for San Antonio.

- Barton probably has a reduced role now in denver once he returns. Spurs do need someone other than Derozan that can slice the defense to free up shooters. He has 4 more years on his contract at 11 million though.

- Crowder is shooting 38% and 29% from three right now but he had a three year run averaging 35% from three and can certainly help fix some defensive issues

- Maybe Cleveland is dumb enough to trade Osman

Who else?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well just realized Utah got korver now so Crowder is almost out of the question. Man it just seems like the players san Antonio need are alll impossible to get.

I think TD21 was talking about dotson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky Hammon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. But I'm baffled at the moment. The team is soooo bad. We need almost everything.

One DDR type player is enough, I would say. Midrange shooting guard, and driver.

Negative on any surgery cases like Barton. Nobody on a current injury list, unless it's definitely minor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. But I'm baffled at the moment. The team is soooo bad. We need almost everything.

One DDR type player is enough, I would say. Midrange shooting guard, and driver.

Negative on any surgery cases like Barton. Nobody on a current injury list, unless it's definitely minor.
    I only put barton because the spurs have piss poor assests.

The raps took a shot at Kawhi and Kawhi looks good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe try to get Fultz. He's probably available for cheap and might just need a change of scenery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only put barton because the spurs have piss poor assests.

Well yes. That is definitely a good point. And I like Barton's stats this year. Has he really improved that much shooting 3s? But hip surgery, it worries me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe try to get Fultz. He's probably available for cheap and might just need a change of scenery.
    I'd be open to that. His shooting may be screwed up, either by injury or the yips, but if he can play some D, handle the ball, and still drive and hit a dunk, he'd be better than some of what we've got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban Marjanovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA is probably our best trading asset, if anyone wants him, I am having my fingers crossed that Portland calls and offer something good in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be open to that. His shooting may be screwed up, either by injury or the yips, but if he can play some D, handle the ball, and still drive and hit a dunk, he'd be better than some of what we've got.
    No. He is a bust who cannot shoot. This team needs some legit shooters not projects. We have a roster full of projects.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA is probably our best trading asset, if anyone wants him, I am having my fingers crossed that Portland calls and offer something good in return.
    he only has 7 mil guaranteed in 20-21 right? that's the only trade value he has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He is a bust who cannot shoot. This team needs some legit shooters not projects. We have a roster full of projects.
    Shooters who can defend, that is. I think we might agree, we've seen enough of "pure shooters."

But with the team's trade stock seeming to drop with every game, how do we get decent players who don't carry some kind of risk? Can we afford anything better?

I don't want to give up draft picks now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters who can defend, that is. I think we might agree, we've seen enough of "pure shooters."

But with the team's trade stock seeming to drop with every game, how do we get decent players who don't carry some kind of risk? Can we afford anything better?

I don't want to give up draft picks now.
    If you don't want to give up draft picks, you tank. If you want to begin to forge a roster that can compete in the modern NBA, then you move LMA who has lost value, but is still our second best asset. His value will only continue to decline; the time to move him is now. You should be able to get a decent asset in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't want to give up draft picks, you tank. If you want to begin to forge a roster that can compete in the modern NBA, then you move LMA who has lost value, but is still our second best asset. His value will only continue to decline; the time to move him is now. You should be able to get a decent asset in return.
    Trade LMA agreed. We know he isn't happy here, anyway. But I wouldn't demand a good player in return. I'd demand a serviceable player and the best draft pick I could get.

I'm tanking. I want draft picks, lots of them. I've had a bellyfull of the "old veteran" crap. I'm going young.

If I ruled the world.

Thinking more about it, things are at the point I'd trade DDR, too. He isn't happy with this mess. How could he be? Nobody is. I'd say to him, "my man, I know you expected better with the Spurs, but this has turned into an awful mess, for which I apologize. Would you like to try someplace else where you can better display your talent, and not be embarrassed on a nightly basis?" Would he say no? Again, I'd trade him for a serviceable player, and the best draft pick I could get.

If I ruled the world.

I'd trade Gay, if there's a decent draft pick to be had, and a warm body that's still moving.

I'd trade everything movable for a warm body and a draft pick.

If I'm gonna tank, then I'm gonna TANK! Big time. No half measures.

Then I'd go into draft night with a pocket bulging with draft picks. Not necessarily to use them all directly, but ready to wheel and deal with trades, as well. I'd have a couple guiding principles: no interest whatsoever in any player older than 28, or shorter than 6'3" (and I'd carry my own tape measure to be sure.) And I could be talked into 27, and 6'4".

Piss on "veteran leadership" that can't even make it through 1/4 of the season without breaking down. Piss on "loyalty contracts." Piss on "leadership" that looks like it escaped from the cast of Game of Thrones. I've had it with that crap.

Team leadership is what coaches are for.

Much more could be said, but that's what I'd do, looking toward the next draft. If I ruled the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense. Spurs should look no where else but for defense.

The knicks guy is supposedly a stopper but don’t nothing about him. Don’t think even the knicks want anything spurs got.

Patrick Beverly?
    How hurt are Avery Beverly and Andre Roberson?
    Call up Orl about J Sims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans for Fultz maybe? 6ers are realy lacking shooters since they traded away Covington and Saric. Might be interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shumpert
    jonathon simmons
    quincy miller
    shabazz muhammad

bringing some hardness and athleticism to the perimeter would already make this team look completely different on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade LMA agreed. We know he isn't happy here, anyway. But I wouldn't demand a good player in return. I'd demand a serviceable player and the best draft pick I could get.

I'm tanking. I want draft picks, lots of them. I've had a bellyfull of the "old veteran" crap. I'm going young.

If I ruled the world.

Thinking more about it, things are at the point I'd trade DDR, too. He isn't happy with this mess. How could he be? Nobody is. I'd say to him, "my man, I know you expected better with the Spurs, but this has turned into an awful mess, for which I apologize. Would you like to try someplace else where you can better display your talent, and not be embarrassed on a nightly basis?" Would he say no? Again, I'd trade him for a serviceable player, and the best draft pick I could get.

If I ruled the world.

I'd trade Gay, if there's a decent draft pick to be had, and a warm body that's still moving.

I'd trade everything movable for a warm body and a draft pick.

If I'm gonna tank, then I'm gonna TANK! Big time. No half measures.

Then I'd go into draft night with a pocket bulging with draft picks. Not necessarily to use them all directly, but ready to wheel and deal with trades, as well. I'd have a couple guiding principles: no interest whatsoever in any player older than 28, or shorter than 6'3" (and I'd carry my own tape measure to be sure.) And I could be talked into 27, and 6'4".

Piss on "veteran leadership" that can't even make it through 1/4 of the season without breaking down. Piss on "loyalty contracts." Piss on "leadership" that looks like it escaped from the cast of Game of Thrones. I've had it with that crap.

Team leadership is what coaches are for.

Much more could be said, but that's what I'd do, looking toward the next draft. If I ruled the world.
    Or at least if you ruled the Spurs... If I were your co-ruler, I would be on the fence about DeMar and Rudy. However, I admit that when I indulge my fantasies on the trade machine, I usually try trades for LMA/Patty and for Pau/DeMar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could PATFO be included in the trade?
    Surely one of, if not the GCOAT would garner plenty in a trade. Right?
    I mean if Coc Rivers to the Clippers got the Celtics a 1st Rounder, CIA Pop would get what, 4 1st Round picks!?

LMA could then return to being the featured shooter on his new Pop team.
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...s-to-clippers/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza or Demarre Carrol I'd say. I mean there should be a lot of activity after december 15th, so maybe the Spurs can pull off some type of 3-team trade. They could certainly trade Gasol to teams who want to free up cap space next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of 3&D players would be nice. Danny Green maybe, or perhaps even a Kyle Anderson, even though he's limited offensively and not the quickest on D. If we had a couple of guys like that this team would be a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of 3&D players would be nice. Danny Green maybe, or perhaps even a Kyle Anderson, even though he's limited offensively and not the quickest on D. If we had a couple of guys like that this team would be a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before a list of "desirables" would be of any use, we need a list of "tradeables", and ST could never agree on that.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker

Thread Information