Colin Kaepernick: 1-2
    Michael Vick: 1-2
    Geno Smith: 2-1
    EJ Manual: 1-2
    Russel Wilson: 3-0
    Terelle Pryor: 1-2 after tonight

Combined record of Black QBs: 10-17

Winning percentage of Black QBs: .370

Embarassing. Go ahead, tell us all how black QB's are the wave of the future. Tell us how monkeyball is unstoppable.

I deal in reality, in facts. Spin that winning percentage. This is disgraceful.
    Last edited by KoolAid Mans Brother; 09-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Let's take it further with black coaches.

Marvin Lewis: 2-1
    Mike Tomlin: 0-3
    Leslie Frazier: 0-3

Total: 2-7

Didn't realize there was only 3 black coaches in the league. So much for the Rooney rule.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Black QB's so far this season:

RG3: 0-3
    Josh Freeman: 0-3
    Cam Newton: 1-2
    Colin Kaepernick: 1-2
    Michael Vick: 1-2
    Geno Smith: 2-1
    EJ Manual: 1-2
    Russel Wilson: 3-0
    Terelle Pryor: 1-2 after tonight

Combined record of Black QBs: 10-17

Winning percentage of Black QBs: .370

Ebmarassing. Go ahead, tell us all how black QB's are the wave of the future. Tell us how monkeyball is unstoppable.

I deal in reality, in facts. Spin that winning percentage idiots. This is disgraceful.
    Also, Geno's 2 wins were against black QBs while 2 of Wilson's wins were against black QBs.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Also, Geno's 2 wins were against black QBs while 2 of Wilson's wins were against black QBs.
    It's really a shame that the media isn't held accountable for their idiocy when building these crappy players up as "the future" and then ignore their predictions when they all go wrong. I remember when the media was building up Josh Freeman as the "next great QB". Now the media doesn't even mention him.

Why is it that all of the Black starting QB's in the NFL right now (except dog killer) have only been in the league for 3 years or less? Where are all of the black veteran QBs with prolonged success? Oh that's right, black QB's usually only last in the league a few years, get fired for sucking, and then new ones enter, are built up, and eventually bust out per the cycle. And don't even think about mentioning Donovan McNabb (the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL) or Steve Mcnair. They both failed on the big stage with stacked teams and finished with 0 rings.
    Last edited by KoolAid Mans Brother; 09-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Let's take it further with black coaches.

Marvin Lewis: 2-1
    Mike Tomlin: 0-3
    Leslie Frazier: 0-3

Total: 2-7

Didn't realize there was only 3 black coaches in the league. So much for the Rooney rule.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why is it that all of the Black starting QB's in the NFL right now (except dog killer) have only been in the league for 3 years or less? Where are all of the black veteran QBs with prolonged success? Oh that's right, black QB's usually only last in the league a few years, get fired for sucking, and then new ones enter, are built up, and eventually bust out per the cycle.
    Pretty much. The media keeps acting like having scrambling quarterbacks is a new thing. It's not. It just so happens that teams are using a lot of high picks on them again when in previous years players like Colt McCoy, Troy Smith and Tyrod Taylor were rightfully mid- or late-round picks. Even the black quarterbacks who had sustained success like McNabb, Culpepper (I guess) and Cunningham learned how to pass from the pocket to at least an acceptable level. It's hilarious that teams like the Browns are apparently considering Manziel with their first-rounder.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Pretty much. The media keeps acting like having scrambling quarterbacks is a new thing. It's not. It just so happens that teams are using a lot of high picks on them again when in previous years players like Colt McCoy, Troy Smith and Tyrod Taylor were rightfully mid- or late-round picks. Even the black quarterbacks who had sustained success like McNabb, Culpepper (I guess) and Cunningham learned how to pass from the pocket to at least an acceptable level. It's hilarious that teams like the Browns are apparently considering Manziel with their first-rounder.
    Even the ones with sustained success that you mentioned have 0 rings. The goal is to win Championships. There is nothing else. They have proven that their style of football does not produce the ultimate goal.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    man the top prospect for the next draft is black

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    So you might have to re-live the "dark" days of Byron Leftwich and David Garrard all over again... I'm really sorry man, that sucks. You can only hope and pray that your front office learned their lesson from these mistakes. Think about how many years those mistakes have set your team back. You guys still haven't recovered.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    True, but he's not a monkeyballer, tbh.... Teddy doesn't run very much at all, actually....

Johnny Inbred is a monkeyballer, but he's not black, so he won't get shat on as much on here unless he totally flames out like Ryan Leaf

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Leftwich and Garrard were decent quarterbacks for the Jaguars. They weren't great, but if Jacksonville can get that level of quarterback play again, they can be compe ive. So many teams wish their signal-callers were even that adequate.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I need to see more from Teddy. Its not his fault. But most games I watch him he has wide open receivers. He did look good against Florida. I think he will be a good QB at least considering how easy it is to be a good QB nowadays, but not sure if he will be very good or great.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Brett Hundley?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson plays white so you can't really include him with that bunch.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I approve of this thread.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Lol a bunch of racist Texan hicks

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson plays white so you can't really include him with that bunch.
    wtf? last year he rushed as much as Brees did since 2008, brady since 2010, he ran twice as much as rodgers and just to make it blatant, he ran more than Kaeperchoke in his whole career. Not to mention, you don't see 5-11 white qbs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol a bunch of racist Texan hicks
    meh. not really. several times we've seen white qb's mentioned in the same breath as these guys, such as Colt McCoy, Johnny Manziel as well. we are referring to monkeyballers (guys that rely on athleticism too much), or qb's who rely on mobility more than their arms. its an honest observation to see that these types of qb's are predominantly black.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    wtf? last year he rushed as much as Brees did since 2008, brady since 2010, he ran twice as much as rodgers and just to make it blatant, he ran more than Kaeperchoke in his whole career. Not to mention, you don't see 5-11 white qbs.
    to be fair kaepernick only started in 8 games last year and ended up with over 400 yards rushing, whereas Wilson ran for 490 yards in 16 games. no doubt Wilson isn't afraid to tuck it and run (so of course his numbers will crush Brady/Brees, etc), but he's not in the same class of monkeyballing as kaepernick. please. Wilson averaged 4.18 pass attempts/rush attempt and Kaep averaged 3.46

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    to be fair kaepernick only started in 8 games last year and ended up with over 400 yards rushing, whereas Wilson ran for 490 yards in 16 games. no doubt Wilson isn't afraid to tuck it and run (so of course his numbers will crush Brady/Brees, etc), but he's not in the same class of monkeyballing as kaepernick. please.
    he is in the same class. i'm not sure about that, but i doubt there is another qb with so many designed running plays aside from desperate teams. The only difference i see, is that he has a far better team around himself and plays more like a game manager in the passing game which allows him not to get exposed like the genos of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's good to play to your strengths, but he is a monkeyballer cause he ain't going to last, one of these days someone is going to rgknee him on those runs so hard.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Breese is a good comparison. Both him and Wilson run as a last resort, unlike, it seems, the other black QBs. Wilson is actually a great runner, but he's always looking to make a play to his teammates first. Contrary to everyone's opinion, his height or lack thereof, is not a factor.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Breese is a good comparison. Both him and Wilson run as a last resort, unlike, it seems, the other black QBs. Wilson is actually a great runner, but he's always looking to make a play to his teammates first. Contrary to everyone's opinion, his height or lack thereof, is not a factor.
    i couldn't disagree more tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Wilson reminds me a lot of Rich Gannon tbh, but with a better arm. it took Gannon years (and a bit of journeyman-ing) to develop into an elite passer. I wonder how long it takes Wilson to become a prolific passer. the ability, arm strength, accuracy is there. in the 2000 season, gannon threw for 3400 yards, 28 td's, and ran for 530 yards and 4 more TD's. In Wilson's rookie season, he threw for 3100 yards and 26 touchdowns while running for 490 yards and 4 touchdowns.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 09-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    i couldn't disagree more tbh
    If you mean Breese doesn't run as a last resort, you might be right. I don't follow the Saints that closely. Sure, there are some designed plays for Wilson to run, but on pass plays, he'll string them out for as long as he can before he either throws it away or runs to get what he can. He's stated several times in his pressers that he hates getting hit, but really, who doesn't? Bottom line, Wilson doesn't panic and take off at the first sign of trouble like these other QBs.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If you mean Breese doesn't run as a last resort, you might be right. I don't follow the Saints that closely. Sure, there are some designed plays for Wilson to run, but on pass plays, he'll string them out for as long as he can before he either throws it away or runs to get what he can. He's stated several times in his pressers that he hates getting hit, but really, who doesn't? Bottom line, Wilson doesn't panic and take off at the first sign of trouble like these other QBs.
    how about i put it this way: Brees, last year, rushed every 44 passing attempts, wilson rushed every 4 passing attempts.. does that explains it better?

Thread Information