Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ......turn around in the league. A wild card berth a very real possibility anyone disagree? If so....why?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    1. Broncos
    2. Texans
    3. Patriots
    4. Bengals
    5. Colts
    6. .....Steelers/Ravens/Chiefs

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Well can't get much worse. I'm just tired of having one good year being followed by loads of crap years. I'm sure theyll have a good year I just hope they can sustain it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well can't get much worse. I'm just tired of having one good year being followed by loads of crap years. I'm sure theyll have a good year I just hope they can sustain it.
    Alex Smith a good thing?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Alex Smith a good thing?
    Yes he is. He won't save the franchise but he can keep the opposing team's D honest enough, to allow Jamaal to go to work. My only real concern now is if Reid will see that.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Yes he is. He won't save the franchise but he can keep the opposing team's D honest enough, to allow Jamaal to go to work. My only real concern now is if Reid will see that.
    How do you feel about Reid potentially throwing 75% of the time? I'd be fearful of that if I was a Chiefs fan.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Totally read my mind. Wish I could add something but ya nailed it.

How long you been a Chiefs fan?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How do you feel about Reid potentially throwing 75% of the time? I'd be fearful of that if I was a Chiefs fan.
    co-sign

7 win ceiling imo

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yup that's exactly my concern. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Totally read my mind. Wish I could add something but ya nailed it.

How long you been a Chiefs fan?
    As long as I can remember. My dad was a huge cowboys fan but I just couldn't root for them. He bought me a chiefs shirt one day and been a fan ever since. Hard to find a chiefs game on tv here and don't have any nfl package so it can be a bit difficult keeping up with the team.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    They have to play Denver twice, the Giants, the Cowboys, At Philly, the Texans, the Colts, and at Washington. Even with improvement, it's going to be tough for them to get in the playoffs. But yes, coming off a 2-14 season, even if they get to 8-8, thats a 6 game turn around, which is significant in one season.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    They have to play Denver twice, the Giants, the Cowboys, At Philly, the Texans, the Colts, and at Washington. Even with improvement, it's going to be tough for them to get in the playoffs. But yes, coming off a 2-14 season, even if they get to 8-8, thats a 6 game turn around, which is significant in one season.
    That's the thing, even being 8-8 might get KC the division if Denver manages to trip up a bit. Not much separates the crapfest that is the AFC West. I'd just like to think that its going to be KC that pushes through.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Yup that's exactly my concern. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
    Well, you guys certainly do not have an overly imposing wideout group as a whole. But what do you think of the potential of Baldwin?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Well, you guys certainly do not have an overly imposing wideout group as a whole. But what do you think of the potential of Baldwin?
    Expect a lot more out of him this year for sure. He should be able to flourish with a pass happy coach like Reid. I think him and Bowe have the potential to be an awesome tandem. Not sure yet if he would ever be the #1 WR on any team though but there's no rush for that as long as Bowe is on the team.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Might have biggest turnaround, but no playoffs. Will still be behind Chargers and Broncos unless they both have multiple significant injuries. South or North divisions will get at least one playoff spot between them.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    That's the thing, even being 8-8 might get KC the division if Denver manages to trip up a bit. Not much separates the crapfest that is the AFC West. I'd just like to think that its going to be KC that pushes through.
    NOBODY is surpassing Denver in that division as long as Peyton Manning is at the helm. Everybody is playing for 2nd place.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    1.) Broncos
    2.) Chargers
    3.) Chiefs
    4.) Raiders.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Alex Smith was very protected by Harbaugh in SF. He didn't have to do much at all, would often throw less than 20 passes a game. Handed the ball off a ton, and his main responsibility was to not turn it over so that his running game and defense would do all the work in the field position battle. Smith is going to have a much bigger load cut out for him in KC and I think he will be exposed. Charles will be his best friend, but their defense isn't elite, and their best receiver, Bowe, is not a good fit for Smith, a QB who is seemingly afraid to challenge deep despite having a big arm. Bowe is not a possession type guy

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Then we have to look at their schedule.

They could go 4-2 in that weak division

beat

Jags
    Tenn
    Buff
    Cleve

They have a three home game stand.

I can see a 9-7 as a possibility. Regardless of Alex Smith.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the raiders swept them last season, and the raiders were pretty terrible. i'm not buying

the annual false hope for the Chiefs, tbh..

I do believe they'll go 7-9 or 8-8 and Andy Reid will help a turnaround, but I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the raiders swept them last season, and the raiders were pretty terrible. i'm not buying
    And the year before that Chiefs 28 Raiders 0 in Oakland

I think the Chiefs are on the up swing with the Raiders in need of a QB.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the annual false hope for the Chiefs, tbh..

I do believe they'll go 7-9 or 8-8 and Andy Reid will help a turnaround, but I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs, tbh..
    New coach/QB could work wonders. But an 8-8 seems pretty realistic.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    avante, i picked jamaal charles as my RB in one of my fantasy leagues. i'm expecting him to have a good year on the ground, hopefully he stays healthy.

Thread Information