23 Boston College
    24T 24T. Auburn
    24T 24T. Georgia Tech

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know what it is but it seems to be in order

Post Count
    Amazing that the Red Raiders can be top 20 playing only coed teams.

Look at them Spartans creeping up on the top ten.

Post Count
    everyone in 1A is allowed to play 2 of 1AA teams in a certian time frame. they happen to use there 2 in the same year. everybuddy does it. why is it ok when the Ohio states, miami's, nebraska's, the notre dames, the UT's etc. ?i guess it suddenly makes it ok for them to play a few 1AA teams

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    it's because they bludgeoned #4 cal last year.

Look at them Spartans creeping up on the top ten.

Man, I feel for you. I am sorry but I do.

Hey msufan420 - If you are looking for some MSU love on a forum. check out www.sportsinferno.com they have a forum with tons of users tons of MSU slappies with a few michigan slappies. check it out, if you want to boast to some other michigan fans...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    everyone in 1A is allowed to play 2 of 1AA teams in a certian time frame. they happen to use there 2 in the same year. everybuddy does it. why is it ok when the Ohio states, miami's, nebraska's, the notre dames, the UT's etc. ?i guess it suddenly makes it ok for them to play a few 1AA teams
    IMO, its not right for any teams. Show some nad, AD's, and schedule some real teams. That is why I think polls before October are worthless.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Tech beat New Mexico 49-0 in 2002 when Katie Hnida played for the Lobos. So they have a history of beating up on coed teams.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oroflrlforloflroflroflrofl

Post Count
    So they should be top 20 on the basis of that impressive victory over "Div. 1-A" Florida International.

I suppose you're going to take a win over "undefeated" Kansas seriously, too.

Post Count
    IMO, its not right for any teams. Show some nad, AD's, and schedule some real teams. That is why I think polls before October are worthless.
    i agree, polls before conferance don't matter, but simply critizing tech for a weak non-conferance schedule is Ridiculous. hasn't anyone ever heard of a Big 12 schedule?

Post Count
    So they should be top 20 on the basis of that impressive victory over "Div. 1-A" Florida International.

I suppose you're going to take a win over "undefeated" Kansas seriously, too.
    i never said that, your putting words in my mouth. all i'm saying is that your critizing them for having a weak non-conferance schedule, and thats Ridiculous. there's alot of other bigger schools that do it alot more often. the reason they belong in the top 25 is because they started the season on there. so since they play weak teams for non-conferance you should they should take them off???

Post Count
    Tech beat New Mexico 49-0 in 2002 when Katie Hnida played for the Lobos. So they have a history of beating up on coed teams.

oh and UT doesn't??? lol

Post Count
    schedule some real teams??? Tech has scheduled some real teams in non-conferance in the last several years. the national champs in '02, NC state and Ole Miss when they were in the top 25.

Man, I feel for you. I am sorry but I do.
    Care to explain why? I think I'm the one who should be feeling sorry for you...Afterall my team is rolling right now.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    well, let's be fair to Tech. At least two of the games that they've played this year were replacements for games that fairly good opponents backed out of.

Tech was supposed to have played Fresno State and Louisville, as I understand it, but both of those games were cancelled by mutual agreement of the schools.

Tech had a few months to find non-conference opponents and took what they could, which wasn't much. They'll get back to something more respectable next fall, with games against SMU, TCU, and UTEP.

Leach doesn't schedule the way that e s used to -- at least not yet -- back when e had the Red Raiders taking trips to Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Nebraska (before the Big XII came into existence) and having schools like Miami come to Lubbock. But don't get too up in arms about Tech's schedule. All of the Big XII teams do it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All the schools that are propped in this forum feast on cupcakes. No one is innocent.

Post Count
    well, let's be fair to Tech. At least two of the games that they've played this year were replacements for games that fairly good opponents backed out of.

Tech was supposed to have played Fresno State and Louisville, as I understand it, but both of those games were cancelled by mutual agreement of the schools.

Tech had a few months to find non-conference opponents and took what they could, which wasn't much. They'll get back to something more respectable next fall, with games against SMU, TCU, and UTEP.

Leach doesn't schedule the way that e s used to -- at least not yet -- back when e had the Red Raiders taking trips to Penn State, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and Nebraska (before the Big XII came into existence) and having schools like Miami come to Lubbock. But don't get too up in arms about Tech's schedule. All of the Big XII teams do it.
    thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it. it was my understanding that Indiana state and Sam Houston state were the ones to call tech after fresno state Louisville steped down. speaking of LouisVille, now that would be a game to watch, Tech Vs. LouisVille.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    schedule some real teams??? Tech has scheduled some real teams in non-conferance in the last several years. the national champs in '02, NC state and Ole Miss when they were in the top 25.
    ok that is 3 out of how many? UT scheduled Ohio St. this year but that is just one.

My original point stands....these D-1 schools in the big conferences tend to schedule cupcakes and yes that includes Tech.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it
    which was my point all along....a point you chose to ignore.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    j-6's "You people don't respect us enough! Why don't you care about us?" whiner school poll, week three edition.

(1) Texas Tech, 3-0
    (2) Baylor, 3-0
    (3) Indiana, 3-0
    (4) Vanderbilt, 3-0
    (t5) Iowa State, 3-0
    (t5) Kansas 3-0
    (t5) Washington State 3-0

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    There's probably a reason that Big XII teams are a combined 31-5 right now. Tech will pay the price for its schedule if it either: (1) struggles in conference and can't become bowl eligible; or (2) surprises the conference, but has a poor BCS standing despite a strong conference showing.

There are some pretty soft Big XII schedules to this point.

All the schools that are propped in this forum feast on cupcakes. No one is innocent.
    Well, my Columbia Lions don't. Of course, the Lions are a cupcake, bur for now at least, they're a 2-0 cupcake, with huge wins over Fordham and Duquense.

The 2005 Ivy League Payback Tour starts this Saturday at Princeton.

For the record, I say something like that every year and I'm still waiting for the tour to really get going . . . . one of these years -- we owe everyone since 1961!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well, my Columbia Lions don't. Of course, the Lions are a cupcake, bur for now at least, they're a 2-0 cupcake, with huge wins over Fordham and Duquense
    Well until now, you hadn't propped them!

Stand up for your Lions, man!

Post Count
    thank you. exactly, all the big 12 schools do it. it was my understanding that Indiana state and Sam Houston state were the ones to call tech after fresno state Louisville steped down. speaking of LouisVille, now that would be a game to watch, Tech Vs. LouisVille.
    Did you see Louisville last week?

Thread Information