not even a poor man's Brandon Bass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God, why do the Lakers suck so much at drafting? Remember, they were desperate for Embiid to fall to them too.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is more difficult to judge talent on a totally dysfunctional team.

The Lakers first unit just ball watches on the perimeter while whoever has their turn to shoot forces a shot. No screens, no cutting, definitely very few off the ball screens, it's horrid. They pay to sit court side and watch that crap, mysterious...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have taken Okafor or Porzingas in the draft this year and whiffed again...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Russell pick was horrible, but the Randle pick wasn't bad considering how terrible the 2014 draft was. It's not like they drafted Vonleh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Russell pick was horrible, but the Randle pick wasn't bad considering how terrible the 2014 draft was. It's not like they drafted Vonleh.
    Way to early to judge randle or russell or any other rookies

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still like Randle and Russel. They have showed me flashes of what's to come. My main concern is the coach and coaching staff. Need a full nuke dropped on that team and start fresh. It would be great to get Luke Walton, however that's a pipe dream.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still like Randle and Russel. They have showed me flashes of what's to come. My main concern is the coach and coaching staff. Need a full nuke dropped on that team and start fresh. It would be great to get Luke Walton, however that's a pipe dream.
    Luke is still unproven. Not saying i wouldnt want him but he would need to come in with detailed plans on how to better utlize the rooks and improve our defense.
    I think though we would be best served with Brad Stevens type coach. Young smart teacher style coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody ever has shown flashes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elfrid payton, dario šarić, zach lavine, RODNEY HOOD, Kyle Anderson.. All way better players right now and a hundred times better prospects than Randle imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shhhhhhhhh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    elfrid payton, dario šarić, zach lavine, RODNEY HOOD, Kyle Anderson.. All way better players right now and a hundred times better prospects than Randle imo.
    yes, we know about you and your snap judgments. Still to early. He may be a bust but I wouldnt say that yet. I also would not give up on Vonleh yet either ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it's a little unfair to judge them, considering they're playing in current Kobe's offense and under the worst coach in recent history(IMO, at least)..however, I don't really see anything special in Randle that shows me his ceiling is higher than somebody like Thaddeus Young(which is a good floor, but not for a ceiling), tbh..a PF playing in a ty system should still be able to make some type of impact, whether it's through rebounding/defense, etc IMO..

I'm not judging Russell, though, I don't have a take on him, yet..he's in a really bad spot, it's evident that he always defers to Kobe, and he's running an offense that doesn't have any structure and doesn't have a purpose, apparently..we'll know more about him later in the season when Kobe sits..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I guess you have too...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree that it's a little unfair to judge them, considering they're playing in current Kobe's offense and under the worst coach in recent history(IMO, at least)..however, I don't really see anything special in Randle that shows me his ceiling is higher than somebody like Thaddeus Young(which is a good floor, but not for a ceiling), tbh..a PF playing in a ty system should still be able to make some type of impact, whether it's through rebounding/defense, etc IMO..

I'm not judging Russell, though, I don't have a take on him, yet..he's in a really bad spot, it's evident that he always defers to Kobe, and he's running an offense that doesn't have any structure and doesn't have a purpose, apparently..we'll know more about him later in the season when Kobe sits..
    Come on HH ...as you have said (especially now that McHale is gone) we have the unquestioned worst coach in the NBA. I get Druss and Randle deferring to Kobe, I dont get Scott doing so. None of the teams he was on or even coached has played this selfishly not even Kyrie as ROTY. I cant judge any of these guys until we get a real coach and/or Kobe sits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched my Raider fail season after season. I've watched the Dodgers suck beyond belief. I refuse to be a Laker fan if we hire Luke ing Walton. If anything what this proves is the coaching of Kerr had absolutely nothing to do with the success of that team. And this is the case with most good teams. It takes talent and chemistry.

I agree with everything else you said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's getting better with each game. Randle needs a new system in the worst way. We don't even fast break for s sake. I want to ride out this season with Scott because at least he's playing the youngsters. I expect Russell to be on the all rookie first team. The kid can play he just needs more confidence and strength, which will come with time. Randle is already a double double guy with limited minutes. He has more upside than Okafor. Porzingis is the surprise in draft. What a steal NY got. Gotta give PJ his props for that pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ what's the point of "letting them play" if you aren't actually allowing them to develop any skills? A team with Kobe, Nick Young and Lou Williams isn't really allowing any of the young guys to actually develop or even have a shot at learning how to play in the NBA, tbh

Scott also never gives his teams an iden y..in his last 5 seasons of coaching, he's never had a defense that finished better than 26th, and he's only had 1 offense that finished better than 24th..

Obviously Magic hasn't said a word, too, after criticizing D'Antoni every single day..he's the perfect coach for tanking, though, which is what I said when the Lakers hired him..it's the only reason to have him coaching a team in 2015..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on HH ...as you have said (especially now that McHale is gone) we have the unquestioned worst coach in the NBA. I get Druss and Randle deferring to Kobe, I dont get Scott doing so. None of the teams he was on or even coached has played this selfishly not even Kyrie as ROTY. I cant judge any of these guys until we get a real coach and/or Kobe sits.
    Don't you think he's intentionally tanking? That's the only thing I can think of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby is Kim Jong Un and the Lakers are North Korea. You can't be serious by expecting Scott to stand up to him? He's a terrible coach but he's also neutered on top of it. Same with the players, nobody is going to stand up to him except Swaggy P but nobody takes him seriously. Lin threw some hints last season but he was quickly banished this off-season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^ what's the point of "letting them play" if you aren't actually allowing them to develop any skills? A team with Kobe, Nick Young and Lou Williams isn't really allowing any of the young guys to actually develop or even have a shot at learning how to play in the NBA, tbh

Scott also never gives his teams an iden y..in his last 5 seasons of coaching, he's never had a defense that finished better than 26th, and he's only had 1 offense that finished better than 24th..

Obviously Magic hasn't said a word, too, after criticizing D'Antoni every single day..he's the perfect coach for tanking, though, which is what I said when the Lakers hired him..it's the only reason to have him coaching a team in 2015..
    I won't lie he did well with Clarkson but his subs utions/rotations/lineups are horrible. he is perfect for a tank job but Lakers better hope the Basketball gods bless them with Simmons. Not sure of fit with Randle but Druss and Simmons were HS team-mates. PRetty sure they will be fine together. Randle develops a jumper next off-season ... or he is gone. Although I support a tank I will not support a team with no iden y. Scott better formulate a plan. It's not about wins and losses it's about playing and executing. if we lose because the other team is better like the Warriors you live with that. But when you lose because the other team also plays harder and smarter then the coach needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information