Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two flashy, worldly types, and HOF-caliber stars sticking around for 15+ years career in freakin' San Antonio is an admirable feat, IMO..

After a ring or two, they could've bolted elsewhere for a more rewarding solo-careers: more money, higher--albeit empty--PPG, and bunch more All-Stars nods in NYC or Miami etc, but they chose not..

The fact that the often maligned Parker-- thought to be the biggest ego in Spurs locker-room who once upon time was married to a Hollywood actress -- never tested Free agency out of the River walk shows the extent to which PATFO have lucked out with their "star core"-- not only the players in vacuum, but their character ....

And then a ’97 Chevy Tahoe-driving Leonard falls in their lap..

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100%. So much disrespect around here from so-called "fans"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Except for tony's last contract, he's done a lot for this franchise.

Manu has made sacrificies.

But both guys dont get enough credit because apparently its pop who makes the baskets..Its pop who runs like a blur and be the best PG finisher ever.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spurs have the winningest big 3 of all-time in Manu, Parker, Duncan. I have mad respect for them and what they accomplished but the NBA landscape has changed and Duncan is retired, Parker is healing. If Spurs want to win 50 games next season they better have some kind of plan, because this off season so far has been a disaster.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yup.

Except for tony's last contract, he's done a lot for this franchise.

Manu has made sacrificies.

But both guys dont get enough credit because apparently its pop who makes the baskets..Its pop who runs like a blur and be the best PG finisher ever.

This narrative is one of the biggest things hurting the spurs in free agency tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This narrative is one of the biggest things hurting the spurs in free agency tbh
    Yep.

"TP has earned his loyalty contracts and deserves another after a possible career ending injury "

"Manu has earned the right to jerk around the Spurs every off-season with his retirement soap opera because he's still sadly our best bench player at 40 years old "

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Two flashy, worldly types, and HOF-caliber stars
    Two? Who's the other one besides Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    spurfan underestimates how much luck there truly has been tbh:

Spurs win lottery despite only 4th best odds in the 80s and select DRob
    Spurs win lottery despite only 3rd best odds and select Tim ten year later
    Poop on the verge of being fired in december 1998 but takes advantage of post-Jordan watered down NBA and lockout season with out of shape opponents to go on run and ring

one of those goes different and spurs are moved to a better city a long time ago

after talent dries up once MVPresti is gone, BdUiFORD fails to trade up for Valencuinass and instead the #15 pick expected to be a role player turns into a 1st team all NBA caliber player. franchise is due to regress big time once Kiwi's prime is over in three to four years tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep.

"TP has earned his loyalty contracts and deserves another after a possible career ending injury "

"Manu has earned the right to jerk around the Spurs every off-season with his retirement soap opera because he's still sadly our best bench player at 40 years old "
    Mean PATFO getting all the credit when it's clear they were carried by HOF's...players see that tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the winningest big 3 of all-time in Manu, Parker, Duncan. I have mad respect for them and what they accomplished but the NBA landscape has changed and Duncan is retired, Parker is healing. If Spurs want to win 50 games next season they better have some kind of plan, because this off season so far has been a disaster.
    They will still win at least 50 games with the current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poop on the verge of being fired in december 1998 but takes advantage of post-Jordan watered down NBA and lockout season with out of shape opponents to go on run and ring

one of those goes different and spurs are moved to a better city a long time ago

after talent dries up once MVPresti is gone, BdUiFORD fails to trade up for Valencuinass and instead the #15 pick expected to be a role player turns into a 1st team all NBA caliber player. franchise is due to regress big time once Kiwi's prime is over in three to four years tbh
    lol Kawhi isn't sticking around for this bull . He's way too good to give his heart and body out on the court every night just for PATFO to reward him with the same playoff chokers and old men every damn season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mean PATFO getting all the credit when it's clear they were carried by HOF's...players see that tbh
    I see, but all the Popsuckers are out clinging to those guys past performances hoping they resign every off-season.

"One more season, Manu, plz We need you "

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

After Kawhi signs with the Clippers in 2019, how long before the Spurs become the Seattle SpurSonics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread tbh... much needed.. the amount of whinning of Spurs fans recently is off the chart.

Manu and Parker spent their career with Spurs and earned an average of 8/9 M a year during the length of their contract. Highest payday for Manu 14M, highest payday for Parker (next year) 15 M.

People can continue to whine but I take Spurs old fashion way to deal with their star players compared to franchises who change and trade their best player every 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Kawhi signs with the Clippers in 2019, how long before the Spurs become the Seattle SpurSonics?
    Kawhi bolting to LA would be exactly what the FO and player fans deserve for being content with the status quo which has left the team without a ring going over three years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, Kawhi will do exactly the same than Tim, Manu and Tony and will retire as a Spurs.

of course kawhi will stick around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread tbh... much needed.. the amount of whinning of Spurs fans recently is off the chart.

Manu and Parker spent their career with Spurs and earned an average of 8/9 M a year during the length of their contract. Highest payday for Manu 14M, highest payday for Parker (next year) 15 M.

People can continue to whine but I take Spurs old fashion way to deal with their star players compared to franchises who change and trade their best player every 3 years
    Exactly

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

damn, troofbombs tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, Kawhi will do exactly the same than Tim, Manu and Tony and will retire as a Spurs.

of course kawhi will stick around
    And yes to this too. He's not going anywhere. Lol at this who think he would/should leave.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269457

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, troofbombs tbh
    My TeamDallas Mavericks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi said his goal is to win championships. He's not winning with the Spurs if they continue to re-sign their chokers and old men.

Thread Information