My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plot thickens!

According to today's reports Williams and Carter it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want him at #8, let alone #4 tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been #5 on my board for a while now, so that tracks with what we're hearing now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind Williams at 8 but getting him at #4 is a little less exciting IMO. I mean I guess if the Spurs are truly super high on him then it’s not worth risking him not being there at 8, but if we passed up someone like a Sheppard/Castle I’d be a little bummed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, TImvp must know something about Matas. Another snub lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the better picks at #8 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About as mid a player as you can get

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be an outcome at 8 i'd be content with. would be a bit rich at 4 though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be very happy to have him tbh and as I mentioned somewhere else on here I think a lot of people on ST are a bit too dismissive of Cody to the Spurs. Makes a lot of sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks so smooth with the ball, but need a lot of work on his body and shot.
    Would rather have him than Ignite guys or Salaun, tbh.

Drafting someone who can't help right away at #4 would be disappointing, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be very happy to have him tbh and as I mentioned somewhere else on here I think a lot of people on ST are a bit too dismissive of Cody to the Spurs. Makes a lot of sense
    Personally not dismissive. It's exactly the sort of pick they'd do. Just think in two years we'll forget he's even on the team even when he's playing twenty minutes a game.

He's just... nothing.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/cody-williams

Check out his last twelve games or so. He barely rebounds, a big effort stat. He is a wallflower. But he's a good kid! He's very polite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prob not as high on Williams as some on this board, but I wouldn't hate the pick either. He seems very Spursy between his position, high-character, coachability, etc. Just think it'd be a reach. His injury only allowed us to watch him play a few games too so it's a small sample size.

With that said, he'd be a pretty "meh" pick at 8 overall imo. He'd be an awful pick at 4. Just think there'll be better prospects in the top-8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally not dismissive. It's exactly the sort of pick they'd do. Just think in two years we'll forget he's even on the team even when he's playing twenty minutes a game.

He's just... nothing.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/cody-williams

Check out his last twelve games or so. He barely rebounds, a big effort stat. He is a wallflower. But he's a good kid! He's very polite.
    Sure and I am not in love with anyone this draft for the Spurs (other than Reed/Holland to some degree but even then in love is probably too strong) but Cody is one of the few guys if I squint enough that I can see a legitimate starting level cog on a really good team next to Wemby/Dev/Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays too passive. Definitely not worth the 4th pick. I would take Holland over him at the 8th pick if we were going Wing on that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays too passive. Definitely not worth the 4th pick. I would take Holland over him at the 8th pick if we were going Wing on that pick.
    ...... why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had him pegged from the jump as the typical Spurs pick (other than the fact that he's more wing than guard).

I could see him being their second option (maybe third, if Sheppard is available) at 4 in the unlikely event Castle isn't available, but I would think he'd be more of an option at 8, especially in the event Salaun isn't available.

Sure and I am not in love with anyone this draft for the Spurs (other than Reed/Holland to some degree but even then in love is probably too strong) but Cody is one of the few guys if I squint enough that I can see a legitimate starting level cog on a really good team next to Wemby/Dev/Sochan.
    The sad thing is Sochan isn't even close to fitting that description on any team, let alone the caliber you mentioned . . . and yet, you're right to include him because he's likely to be entrenched anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I say Cody is a nothing player, I mean it in the best way possible. Maybe I should say 'neutral,' lol. He's going to soak up minutes, not make many mistakes, and not do anything that will be an enormous positive. I don't see him as more than just a good platoon player who you won't worry about much but who won't win games for you. And ing that rebounding. Just awful. I don't see any star potential except for a bare sliver of it. He was so passive and had no impact on games.

I get it, he was a freshman, but we have other players his age who actually tried and who mixed it up. It's just hard to be impressed by someone who barely tried.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The handle definitely needs to tighten up. He said that was one of his main focuses during predraft workouts/training, and that it has tightened. I believe he said he’s up to 185, so he’s putting in some work there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, TImvp must know something about Matas. Another snub lol
    CIATMVP tbh, where there’s smoke there’s fire

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only issue with him and Mantas as they both play to soft neither of them really likes or can handle contact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why what? Why is he not worth the 4th pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's passive AND soft. What's not to love?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why what? Why is he not worth the 4th pick?
    why would you take holland over him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is so skinny. Looks more like a tall shooting guard than a true SF. He will need to gain at least 25 lbs of muscle to be a problem out there.

Thread Information