Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should have won 6MOY last year. But nobody agreed with me. Still haven't figured out why.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HAHA funny thead.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Chris Palmer didn't link correctly to Manu's picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, how can Spurs fans actually still believe Bowen had a chance to win DPOY, when the past 4 or 5 years when he's deserved it the most, he hasn't gotten it? I don't even bother expecting or looking at it. This award has lost it's meaning ever since they gave it to Ben Wallace, TWICE, and Camby who's team ranks 29th in defensive efficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol some jackass hit the wrong button and picked barbosa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should have won 6MOY last year. But nobody agreed with me. Still haven't figured out why.
    Because you're a racist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dood..is this for real? Man Manu deserves this award like he deserves these last few games off ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought it was because he didn't play enough games off the bench he didn't qualify? Or that Barbosa played off the bench year round, while Ginobili alternated too much and that's why they didn't give it to him...

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was because he didn't play enough games off the bench he didn't qualify? Or that Barbosa played off the bench year round, while Ginobili alternated too much and that's why they didn't give it to him...
    He qualified. They just hid under the lame argument that he's a fake sixth man since he would be a starter on most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason Manu is even a 6th man is because of Parker.

But seriously, Garnett for DPOY this year is expected, he isn't winning the MVP, so they have to give him something for that turnaround.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B/C you are racist.

Chris Palmer too.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garnett for DPOY is a joke....

Best Nuggets Troll Ever NuGGeTs-FaN's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    i dont get it. How can KG as DPOY be a joke? The Celtics were a joke and look at their defense now. You trying to tell me it was Ray Allen who made it alot better?

They are the best defensive team in the league.

People complain that Camby got it on one of the worst defensive teams and now they complain coz a guy on the best defensive team will probably get it.

Sometime the homer glasses need to be replaced with realism glasses. Bowen is great defensively and deserves it at some point, but not the same year that KG has turned Boston into a defensive powerhouse.

Manu is a shoe in for 6th man of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's not a Six man and hates the 6MOY prize?

The only reason Manu is a 6th man is because of Pop and a scoreless bench.
    Last edited by Cherry; 04-15-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they only consider his numbers when he was comming from the bench or when he was starting too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all this damn garnett love is past disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's not a Six man and hates the 6MOY prize?
    He is technically the sixth man and he doesn't hate the 6MOY, he just doesn't care about it. Then again, Manu wouldn't care about winning MVP either. He's all about winning.

That doesn't mean you don't give him awards he rightfully earned. Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't. Leandro Barbosa over Manu when Manu was eligible for the award? Lunacy. Whether a player cares about the award shouldn't enter into the equation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is technically the sixth man and he doesn't hate the 6MOY, he just doesn't care about it. Then again, Manu wouldn't care about winning MVP either. He's all about winning.

That doesn't mean you don't give him awards he rightfully earned. Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't. Leandro Barbosa over Manu when Manu was eligible for the award? Lunacy. Whether a player cares about the award shouldn't enter into the equation.
    Agree. Manu should have won it last season.

In the playoffs last year he destroyed Barbosa

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 6MOY award is a stupid award anyways and I think they just need to get rid of it. It's not like it's an MVP award or one of those important awards. I hope Manu doesn't get it and he really doesn't deserve it because he's an all star caliber player and not just some bench player. Even he said he'd rather be known as an energy player off the bench and not a 6th man and that your either the best or not and that there should be no in between. I wish they would just not count him and just give it to someone else. Unfortunately it looks like he's going to win it .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Relax, It's just a game... But we better win!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should have won 6MOY last year and I still haven't met a Spurs fan who is as outraged as I am that he didn't.
    You should apply to the job of CoM Seneschal

By the way, shouldn't you be writing some thoughts?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are more outraged than anyone else is, it's only because you were, no real disrespect intended, foolish to think the same people that wouldn't give Bowen DPOY would give Manu 6MOY if there was an excuse not to. The fact that there's still one dumbass that's trying to make a case for Barbosa should tell you all you need to know.

Frankly, being outraged at the disrespect shown to my team is too draining, simply because we could spend all our time discussing it. The only individual award I'm rooting for a Spur to win is finals MVP, and I don't give a which one of them wins it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    err... no comment.

*runs off to another thread*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that voters did not choose Manu last year because they felt that it violated the spirit- if not the letter- of the existence of the award. Last year Manu started 36 games and came off the bench 39 games. While he technically qualified, he really was a Sixth Man less than half the season.

This year, he only started 23 games and is more in line with the intent of the award.

Thread Information