Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for the faint of heart.

You have been warned.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...is-much-worse/

The data is in: being double vaccinated reduces your risk of catching COVID-19 by up to 60 percent and your risk of dying by more than 85 percent. And so naturally tens of thousands of people have done the sensible thing and ... totally rejected the vaccine in favor of scarfing down obscene quan ies of foul-tasting goo designed to kill parasitic worms inside horses.

Thousands of conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers have gone to extreme lengths in recent months to get hold of ivermectin, a medication for diseases caused by parasites in horses. The idea is that this will cure or prevent COVID-19, an illness that is notably not caused by a parasite and affects horses very differently to humans.

It's got so bad that the FDA has had to issue a reminder that people are not horses. In fact, now the universe itself seems to have weighed in, with some of the conspiracists who managed to choke down the disgusting paste developing a nasty case of pooping themselves in public. Ignoring even this hint that maybe their chosen curative might not be the wonder drug they’d been told, ivermectin true believers have continued dosing themselves with dangerous levels of horse de-wormer – and while their COVID-19 is probably no better, some have noticed another side effect: the appearance of “rope worms”.

“Might be a stupid question but has anyone pooped out worms from taking ivermectin?” one woman asked a Facebook group devoted to the horse medicine. “[I’m] just curious.”

“Yes,” replied a fellow equine de-wormer aficionado. “[I’ve] been expelling rope worms with coffee enemas for a while now [but] it’s different with [ivermectin] … I got this tummy rumbling like I had to go with diarrhea … so I go to the pot and out comes a bile dump with full rope worms heads and all!”

They aren’t the only ones. So what are these “rope worms” that so many people are apparently infested with? How are they spread? And really, what are the chances that all these people actually needed de-worming?

Well, as you may have guessed from the le and general tone of the article so far, those … aren’t worms.

“Rope worms”, or to use the scientific term, “bits of intestinal lining that have been sloughed off because you’re ingesting poison and your body can’t handle it”, have a rich history in pseudo (which is to say, anti) scientific circles. The idea dates back to 2009, coincidentally not long after one Jim Humble started marketing what he called his “Miracle Mineral Solution”, or MMS. This, he said, could cure cancer, AIDS, malaria, autism – pretty much anything short of death itself. So why haven’t you heard of this miracle cure? Well, you probably have – but under a different name. You probably know it as industrial bleach.

So people started drinking bleach. They started squirting bleach up their butts. More upsettingly, they started forcing bleach into their kids, prompting more than one report to child protective services. And the result of all this bleach – apart from the vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, liver failure, and death – was the appearance of long, rope-like, and never-before-seen organisms in the toilet bowl.

These, people decided, must be intestinal worms, which were (somehow) responsible for (usually) their kids’ autism (warning: that link is extremely upsetting). The worst part was that this was taken as proof that the bleach cure was working – in fact, it was causing irreparable damage to the organs of the “patients”.

“It can lead to kidney damage and kidney failure,” medical toxicologist Dr. Daniel Brooks told NBC. The idea that MMS could treat autism was “ludicrous … This stuff does nothing other than introduce potential risk,” he said.

As you’ve probably guessed, the “rope worms” that people have reported after taking ivermectin are caused by the same thing: their intestines being attacked by a massive dose of, essentially, poison. Veterinary-grade ivermectin – there is a version made for humans, but it comes in much lower doses – is causing their guts to shed its protective mucusy lining. To the untrained eye, these strands of human tissue may look like worms, but in fact they’re a sign that something is terribly wrong.

"[If] people are taking product designed for topical application or products designed for cows, horses, or other things then there's no telling what that might look like on the back end, so to speak," pathologist Dr Wesley Long told Business Insider.

With the coronavirus pandemic in full swing, we are living in a golden age of medical misinformation (and yes of course MMS has been touted as a COVID-19 cure). Whether that’s sharing the details of conspiratorial doctors willing to issue dangerous prescriptions over the internet, or insisting that the mucus lining of your intestines is actually a parasitic worm unknown to conventional medicine, the results are the same: more sickness, and potentially even death.

The biggest irony of all is perhaps that, in small doses, ivermectin really is used to treat people with diseases caused by intestinal worms. There’s really only one small detail the conspiracy theorists have got wrong: the worms have to actually exist if you want the medicine to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The costs of being a conspiracy theorist can be... high.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-31-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: stupid french homonyms.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden has the con, RG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ iver-rectum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking horse meds, putting coffee up the ass, and ting out their intestinal lining to own the libs

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    taking horse meds, putting coffee up the ass, and ting out their intestinal lining to own the libs
    McQueen took the coffee application and died anyway.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pity post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well-played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your group is ting blood and strips of their own intestines, while dying by the thousands because they don't want to take vaccines.

All to pwn the libs.

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we all pity you for your posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your group is ting blood and strips of their own intestines, while dying by the thousands because they don't want to take vaccines.

All to pwn the libs.

smh

My group has natural immunity + two shots. And not to pwn anyone.

I wouldn't recommend using veterinary medicines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh we need research on this

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worthless without pics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worthless without pics

You want playblair all excited or what?

No thank you!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You want playblair all excited or what?

No thank you!
    fckn ... no

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    never understood what made people think heartworm medication will cure covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never understood what made people think heartworm medication will cure covid
    I have said since the start that unlike HCQ I never saw any scientific reason why ivermectin might work. I haven't seen any real world evidence of it working either. That said, for those who disagree and want to buy it from tractor supply, I recommend the apple flavor paste with a touch of cinnamon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have said since the start that unlike HCQ I never saw any scientific reason why ivermectin might work. I haven't seen any real world evidence of it working either. That said, for those who disagree and want to buy it from tractor supply, I recommend the apple flavor paste with a touch of cinnamon.
    You've tried it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White tail deer population infected with covid.

Horses appear to be unaffected.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White tail deer population infected with covid.

Horses appear to be unaffected.
    Is this your passive aggressive way of saying you think Ivermectin is the difference?

Why are you so wimpy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this your passive aggressive way of saying you think Ivermectin is the difference?

Why are you so wimpy?

You spend a sad amount of time here debating stupid .

Go outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You spend a sad amount of time here debating stupid .

Go outside.
    Been outside quite a bit today tbh. More than you I'd wager if you don't count your smoke breaks. Drank less than you too.

Why the little deer/horse vignette, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been outside quite a bit today tbh. More than you I'd wager if you don't count your smoke breaks. Drank less than you too.

Why the little deer/horse vignette, Darrin?

No reports of covid with the ranchers I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reports of covid with the ranchers I know.
    Which means what, according to you?

Thread Information