Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    right now im cramming for an 8 am exam that really has me wanting to punch myself in the face. "Risk Management" sounded alright when i signed up, but little did i know it's a class on every minute detail of insurance. i cant believe people actually go to school wanting to be underwriters or actuaries. i know it's good money, but it seems so...unfulfilling.

best part though is that our professor is a retired underwriter, and at the end of the semester she's giving us the lowdown on the best policies we can have. that's about it though.

insurance litigation can SUCK it.

have any of yall made the same mistake of signing up for a course and regretting it?

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    *Stays tuned for future smart responses*

I will be college bound soon. Ugh.. I EN HATE SCHOOL.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've taken a whooooole lot of boring classes but possibly the most unbearable was economics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    *Stays tuned for future smart responses*

I will be college bound soon. Ugh.. I EN HATE SCHOOL.
    what course u taking??

the most boring subs are the ones you have to retake again cause the college wont take credits from another ins ution then u dont give a and just coast all semester for a pass and it really hurts ur gpa average

i took financial theory and economics, lmao watta load of horse is it, theres no such thing as ethics in the corporate world when loads of money is involve...

i also did marketing subject, that was a waste of money and time...but mainly alot of hot chicks do marketing courses....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I've taken a whooooole lot of boring classes but possibly the most unbearable was economics.

economics was a fun. i was an econ major until i got to upper division and it was all statistics and crunching numbers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    economics was a fun. i was an econ major until i got to upper division and it was all statistics and crunching numbers.
    its bull when the unis try to milk more money out of you by having micro and macro economics as 2 different subjects, when they can join it together...seriously theres not much material to cover in economics

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    word. half of the macro class was a review of micro. its a waste of tuition, but i guess they need atleast two courses for lower division.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Reasoning & Argumentation". It was my first philosophy class and I was giddy as to explore the subject, but it turned out to be a glorified logic class with no practical application. All theory. It was the worst class I've ever taken, and sank my GPA.

Stats and Econ were the other subjects I got C's in, but they would have been easier if I did my homework.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    for all of yall still in school...this is WELL worth the investment. i went from a C on my first stats test to an A on the second. youre welcome.

www.cramster.com

basically, you pull up the textbook you have and it shows you step by step how to work the odd problems for free. you have to pay a monthly subscription to see the even problems though.

btw, im not working for them, i really use it haha.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 10-29-2010 at 03:14 AM.

Tankin'
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Any philosophy class because the profs are usually arrogant douchnozzles.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Not my philosophy professor. That old man was cool as all get out. He would show up to class stoned, talk about old LSD stories and just hand out A's. It was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Statistics.

+1 on Cramster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    The TAs are worse.

Scrumtrulescent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    most aggravating = differential equations

most boring = urban sociology

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll be taking accounting 101 next semester, 8am to 3pm. I hate numbers

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    All the classes I took toward my poorly chosen business major during my first attempt at college. They bored me to tears and weren't even remotely challenging.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    +1. Principles of Microeconomics cured my insomnia

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Hmmm..... my worst would be one of:

1. Numerical Analysis, not because the material was boring, but because the professor moved at a snail's pace and the textbook was horrible (and expensive). I swear, there are no classes as easy as applied math classes (pure math courses are so much more difficult and interesting).

2. Radical Skepticism (a Philosophy class). We weren't allowed to believe that we existed, yet we had to buy Descartes' bull proof of the existence of a god because of his concept of perfection in his mind? Blech.

3. Psychobiology. I only lasted one lecture in this course before dropping it and taking something more interesting for my life science requirement, but this was awful. First day was a ty powerpoint presentation with about 80 definitions to memorize. I thought biology is fun and psychology is pretty interesting, so this class should be great, right? Wrong.

Partial credit goes to a Linguistics class I took. I absolutely loved the sections on morphology, syntax, and semantics, but phonology pissed me off: we had to memorize how one used the tongue, the teeth, and so on to make each consonant and vowel sound. I just decided I was going to miss every phonology question, so I got a lousy B in the class.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a minor in Economics, but I didn't enjoy any of the classes but one. They were Principles of Micro, Principles of Macro, Environmental Economics, Statistics, International Finance and Intermediate Macroeconomics. Of those, only International Finance was pretty cool.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Anything in the math department where the profs care wayyy more about the content than you ever will. Their enthusiasm can be quite irritating...

(I've taken calc 1, 2, multivariate, differential equations, linear algebra, statistics

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Anything in the math department where the profs care wayyy more about the content than you ever will. Their enthusiasm can be quite irritating...

(I've taken calc 1, 2, multivariate, differential equations, linear algebra, statistics
    In pretty much any class where the professor is good, he'll teach it as if everyone is majoring in the subject. Enthusiasm is a big plus in a course IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Thus far, it'd hafta be Quan ative Data Collection for my Sociology minor. It's simply a study on how one conducts surveys and experiments...for an entire semester.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll be taking accounting 101 next semester, 8am to 3pm. I hate numbers
    try doing it for 10yrs lmao, i went the long way to get my degree

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    All the classes I took toward my poorly chosen business major during my first attempt at college. They bored me to tears and weren't even remotely challenging.
    life ain't all fun and games, you should have chosen either finance, accounting, or IT and finished, so at least you could have been making good money this past decade and have enough to go back to school and take all the "fun" classes you want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Anything art related is boring/pointless IMO

Thread Information