Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a personal friend of George, but I've sat with the Bums and any Spurs fan is a friend of George. May God bless his family and friends. This is posted on Spurs.com PLEASE READ.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/big-george-...d-friend-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone with admin priv. would pin this to the top of the board for a week, that would be a great tribute to this man.

le should be "human being of the highest order."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP fellow Spurfan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rip

Was he a poster here?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rip

Was he a poster here?
    Spurtacular's last post on Jimmer's thread was 20 hours ago. Coincidence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to hear about George, he was an amazing guy. Dude's brisket was legendary, the players used to come out to the Bums' BBQs for it and to hang with George. Nicest guy in the world too, one time on this site he saw me talking about how great his brisket was and offered to make me some over PM, but I was in LA at the time. I was talking to George Gervin one time and his face just lit up when I brought up George Valle and the Bums. The Bums had such great relationships with the players in the 80s and George was probably the biggest reason why. When I was a kid and in the Bums I used to talk to him before a lot of games and we'd always be talking about when David Robinson would be coming, how ridiculous the team was going to be with him and Alvin, and so on. The Spurs just lost probably their greatest fan. The Spurs games never felt the same without his giant Texas flag before the fourth quarter.

RIP George, it was a blast watching games with you.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-01-2015 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to hear about George, he was an amazing guy. Dude's brisket was legendary, the players used to come out to the Bums' BBQs for it. Nicest guy in the world too, one time on this site he saw me talking about how great his brisket was and offered to make me some over PM, but I was in LA at the time. I was talking to George Gervin one time and his face just lit up when I brought up George Valle and the Bums. The Bums had such great relationships with the players in the 80s and George was probably the biggest reason why. When I was a kid and in the Bums I used to talk to him before a lot of games and we'd always be talking about when David Robinson would be coming, how ridiculous the team was going to be with him and Alvin, and so on. The Spurs just lost probably their greatest fan. The Spurs games never felt the same without his giant Texas flag before the fourth quarter.

RIP George, it was a blast watching games with you.
    Awesome comments!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rip

Was he a poster here?
    George did post here, but I think it was back when this site was FullSportPress. I don't think he has posted here in many years, and he mostly lurked I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I was over at the Marriott, sitting with Utah coach-general manager Frank Layden and Jazz announcer Hot Rod Hundley and all that bunch, and someone said, 'Why are you sitting talking to these guys?” Valle said to the Denver Post in 1985. "I said the ballgame's over, and these are my friends."
    Class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP. Sounds like a great guy and person.

When someone of his caliber dies he should be remembered. Hopefully someone picks up his sword and carries on to fill the shoes left vacant.

I will do my small part as well. No more Parker is fat comments. That's not something this class act would ever say. RIP george

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, seems like people are going younger and younger. RIP

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the .. came here to offer my condolences to baseline bum, and it's some other

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like he was one of those really cool fat guys who's good nature is infectious. Most of us know someone like that. RIP.

btw how do you go about joining the bums, baseline bum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember seeing Big George as a new Spurs fan at the Hemisfair Arena - good times back in the day. 64 seems a lot younger to me now days.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Baseline Bums actually had friendships with the players and coaches when they made a lot less money. Nowdays the players have "better" things to do rather than hanging with fans and knocking a few beers back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like he was one of those really cool fat guys who's good nature is infectious. Most of us know someone like that. RIP.

btw how do you go about joining the bums, baseline bum?
    You got me, I think now you have to do community service or something. Back in the 80s you just had to be a bum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Baseline Bums actually had friendships with the players and coaches when they made a lot less money. Nowdays the players have "better" things to do rather than hanging with fans and knocking a few beers back.
    Yeah, back then I used to talk to the players, rebound for them while they were shooting around, we'd bring them cakes in the locker room on their birthdays, stuff like that. I remember one time Kurt Rambis and James Worthy invited my dad and I to go grab some beers after a game. Of course he had to say no because I needed to get my ass in bed.

I can't remember if it changed with Larry Brown in 1988 or when DRob, Sean, and TC came in 1989. I mean it was 100% understandable, the Spurs were becoming contenders again and they didn't need distractions from us, and that 1989-90 season was an amazing time to be a bum: the Spurs finally had that franchise bigman they had been looking for since 1973.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got me, I think now you have to do community service or something. Back in the 80s you just had to be a bum.
    Ah, damn I'll have to look into it. I've always thought it would be pretty badass to be a bum, and I'm planning on getting season tickets in a couple years so might try to get in. Hopefully Rique is gone by then tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP. Spurs organization did the right thing by honoring somebody that supported them for many years!

Thread Information