Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is about what one would expect.

Cuts to science, education, and all manner of non-military spending as well as cuts to medicare and social security, sure to be a box-office favorite in 2020.

If I were Pelosi, I would put those into some stand alone bills and let the Republican party vote on them. Put them in whole cloth out of the Presidents budget, and get them all on the record as voting to cut the two programs. I would buy tickets to watch the mad scramble away from that to see who could run away fastest.

------------------------------------------------------
    President Donald Trump’s administration unveiled its third budget proposal Monday, cementing a vision for the United States that bolsters funding for defense and border walls, while severely cutting social programs for the nation’s poorest.

The $4.7 trillion budget proposal, which encompasses everything from funding for food aid, education, and health care to national defense, seeks to slash $845 billion from Medicare — a program Trump notably promised to leave untouched — $241 billion from Medicaid through major structural reforms, as well as a 9 percent cut across non-defense programs, all while increasing the defense budget to $750 billion, 5 percent more than the 2019 budget.

Additionally, Trump’s administration has asked Congress for $8.6 billion for the president’s border wall, a project the president declared a national emergency over earlier this year amid the nation’s longest government shutdown in history.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-proposal-cuts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol so much for his promise to wipe out the deficit.

Promises made, promises to lol at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump and other Republicans have said the federal budget is full of waste and bloat, and that many federal agencies could still perform their functions with less taxpayer assistance. And even though they have proposed budget cuts before, only to be rejected by Congress, his top advisers want to dig in on the cuts this year, convinced Americans will support them.
    "Pelosi said upon hearing about this volume of science-fiction the other day, the budget is "talking about funding a campaign applause line,"
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...proposal-wall/

Talk about waving a red flag. Beware of AARP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see the higher taxes I'm paying are being put to good use ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see the higher taxes I'm paying are being put to good use ...
    The Trump Administration Really Wants to Cut Education Funding. Congress Doesn’t.
    On Monday, the Trump administration released its budget proposal for the 2020 fiscal year, and the plan isn’t pretty for the Education Department. The proposal requests roughly $7.1 billion less in funding for the department, compared with 2019, which represents a 10 percent cut to its budget. The proposed cut is unlikely to go anywhere; like years past, Congress is expected to disregard it for the most part. Instead, more than anything, the proposal is an exposition of the administration’s philosophy on education: that it is a state and local issue that the federal government shouldn’t have its hands in.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...-budget-again/

The tax reform was targeted almost surgically on blue states with income taxes, which saw removals of deductions to moderately offset the reduction in revenue from the cuts for the hyper-wealthy and corporations. It was kind of shocking how blatant they were about targeting blue states.

Ironic, is that those same blue states are now subsidizing red states even more than they were before hand.

The whole thing makes me want a flat tax, which would be a lot harder to game the system.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-11-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration Really Wants to Cut Education Funding. Congress Doesn’t.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...-budget-again/

The tax reform was targeted almost surgically on blue states with income taxes, which saw removals of deductions to moderately offset the reduction in revenue from the cuts for the hyper-wealthy and corporations. It was kind of shocking how blatant they were about targeting blue states.

Ironic, is that those same blue states are now subsidizing red states even more than they were before hand.

The whole thing makes me want a flat tax, which would be a lot harder to game the system.
    I get that narrative (targeting blue states) and agree that it does to some extent. However, it's hard to square Texas into that narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HOPE & CHANGE!

ing dumbass...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the point is that it targets blue states and blue enclaves within red states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never bring up trump so it's funny to me how much yall do and then try to put that label on me as if i voted for him. tbh, trump's more man than you'll ever be and i think that's truly what bothers most of you "men". bunch of weak ing losers like you blake are all upset at trump because he ain't a beta like yall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some other highlights.

Robert Reich:

1) Cut Medicaid by $1.5 trillion over the next decade. Trump's budget would end Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act, preventing millions of Americans for accessing health care.

2) Slash Medicare by $845 billion over the next decade, which would threaten the health of seniors.

3) Makes $25 billion in cuts to Social Security over 10 years, including cuts to disability insurance.

4) Reduce the budget of the Environmental Protection Agency by more than 30 percent, weakening oversight of polluters and endangering the health and safety of the American people.

5) Create trillion dollar deficits for the next 4 years, jeopardizing long-term investments in the things Americans really need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love President Donald J. Trump! I would let him cuck me 10x a day if I could. Cuck me please DJT! I'll call you daddy and you call me babyblake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have added $200bn to the defense budget, but can't afford to give food and medical care for the elderly? Just looking at what has gotten passed.

We still spend more on our military than the next ten countries combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply clean up the waste and corruption in Medicare and it would be cut in half.

Loser politicians are going to do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense spending of course gets a bump. It always does.

Eisenhower...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ronna McDaniel
    @GOPChairwoman
    ·
    12h
    . realDonaldTrump
    made history by including a national paid family leave proposal in a presidential budget.

This investment in affordable childcare that IvankaTrump
    has led on builds on successes like doubling the child tax credit.

More results for working families!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never bring up trump so it's funny to me how much yall do and then try to put that label on me as if i voted for him. tbh, trump's more man than you'll ever be and i think that's truly what bothers most of you "men". bunch of weak ing losers like you blake are all upset at trump because he ain't a beta like yall.

Dude - you just basically opened wide and took that tiny mushroom down your throat!!!!

"I never defend trump!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Budget has bail ailowances for Ivanka and Junior but not for Jared

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply clean up the waste and corruption in Medicare and it would be cut in half.
    Bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Loser politicians are going to do .
    Medicare / Medicaid are defauded of many $Bs / year.

https://khn.org/news/fraud-and-billi...ons-last-year/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how ing useless to have a plan to balance the budget in 15 years... as if all future presidents and legislatures are going to follow the same exact road for 15 years. no changes in cir stance, nothing.

Thread Information