My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1st Yacinta Arderd in NZ wins (lefty)

2nd Evos party obliterates

3rd US elections?

Would bernie have killed it if he had been candidate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morales was undoubtedly popular in Bolivia and did good things for them, but his refusal to let go of power was always concerning. Him serving a third term was already questionable at best. Should have just had the party find a successor at the time instead of the debacle that ultimately was. I know it can be argued either way who was in the right legally and whatnot, but he was irresponsible for letting it get to that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morales was undoubtedly popular in Bolivia and did good things for them, but his refusal to let go of power was always concerning. Him serving a third term was already questionable at best. Should have just had the party find a successor at the time instead of the debacle that ultimately was. I know it can be argued either way who was in the right legally and whatnot, but he was irresponsible for letting it get to that point.
    Agree. Doesn't mean he deserved to be couped.

Bolivian govmt has suspended the vote counting. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero criticism of fascist coup leaders, all blame is given to the movement overthrown.

(Will they respect the election result? Time will tell.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero criticism of fascist coup leaders, all blame is given to the movement overthrown.

(Will they respect the election result? Time will tell.)
    was speaking on Morales specifically, as it related to the thread.

of course there are issues with how things went down post-election. first im not even sure there was any good evidence on whether there was any provable election fraud, second not only was Morales "asked" by the military to step down, but so were the people that would have been next in line in the legal line of succession, which is why the party didnt even retain control during the interim period. this is what allowed Anez to take interim control. none of that smells right. there was also good criticism of Anez for her attempts to delay the election... she tried to use covid as an excuse to extend her interim power.

of course, as with any leftist government in latin america having this kind of turmoil, US/CIA involvement cant be ruled out off-hand, though there isn't much evidence to strongly support the assumption that i'm aware of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

of course there are issues with how things went down post-election. first im not even sure there was any good evidence on whether there was any provable election fraud, second not only was Morales "asked" by the military to step down, but so were the people that would have been next in line in the legal line of succession, which is why the party didnt even retain control during the interim period. this is what allowed Anez to take interim control. none of that smells right. there was also good criticism of Anez for her attempts to delay the election... she tried to use covid as an excuse to extend her interim power.

of course, as with any leftist government in latin america having this kind of turmoil, US/CIA involvement cant be ruled out off-hand, though there isn't much evidence to strongly support the assumption that i'm aware of
    Recordings were leaked between US ambassador and coup plotters. They were planning and negotiating who was going to rule.

Not to mentio. TESLA stock blowing up after the coup and even Elon Musk saying "we coup whoever we want

Also lets not forget to mention the coup regime murdered at least 35 unarmed protestors during those weeks of conflict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recordings were leaked between US ambassador and coup plotters. They were planning and negotiating who was going to rule.

Not to mentio. TESLA stock blowing up after the coup and even Elon Musk saying "we coup whoever we want

Also lets not forget to mention the coup regime murdered at least 35 unarmed protestors during those weeks of conflict.
    link to recordings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link to recordings?
    Its in the coup thread.

Bumped it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the pomposity of Elon Musk aside, I'm inclined to agree. I hav't seen anything pointing directly to the US.

I was more startled by the OAS alleged turn in this affair, guess I shouldn't have been.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/09/o...oup-fraud-cepr
    https://jacobinmag.com/2020/10/oas-e...ions-fraud-mas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP getting obliterated for this

American "news" media

Thread Information