Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thought you all should be aware.

They have also wired the machinery that cools the nuclear pile, which, even in a cold shut down, requires cooling.

Looks like they are prepared to do to the ZPP what they did to the dam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Russia lied about invading Crimea
    Russia lied about invading Donbas
    Russia lied about MH17
    Russia lied about invading Ukraine
    Russia lied about war crimes in Ukraine
    Russia lied about the dam
    Make no mistake, Russia will blow up the power station and lie about it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Russia lied about invading Crimea
    Russia lied about invading Donbas
    Russia lied about MH17
    Russia lied about invading Ukraine
    Russia lied about war crimes in Ukraine
    Russia lied about the dam
    Make no mistake, Russia will blow up the power station and lie about it again.
    Ever since Putin took over Russian television, he has tried to wag the dog. This is the old Soviet playbook from his Stassi days.

What scares me is that he uses state TV for his information and does not critically review it.

At the end of the day, Moscow is in the fallout radius. I don't see the using a nuclear option unless a larger existential threat emerges.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Ukraine will quit trying to attack the Russian nuclear plant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDC in the least. them both!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL.

"Ukraine really wants to risk contaminating a huge part of their country with nuclear radiation" GTFO.

The only time Russia stops lying is when they are thinking of new lies. Sadly, you don't seem to grasp that yet.

I wonder how you tie your own shoes sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per UKR intelligence, Russia has started evacuating personnel from around the plant.

Make of that what you will. I hope they aren't evil/stupid enough to blow it, but at this point that is not a safe bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only real question is what would you want done if a country were so irresponsible as to purposefully blow up a nuclear power plant?

Are you going to pussy out and shrug it off?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only real question is what would you want done if a country were so irresponsible as to purposefully blow up a nuclear power plant?

If there is ever a chance to be a pussy, he takes it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We should launch nukes at Russia if that happens. Do you agree?
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 06-30-2023 at 01:44 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is ever a chance to be a pussy, he takes it.
    You pussed out early in this thread

It's too risky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You pussed out early in this thread

It's too risky
    ?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    IDC in the least. them both!
    why dont you shut the up already then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad, in the main Ukraine thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad, in the main Ukraine thread
    Too risky to what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should launch nukes at Russia if that happens. Do you agree?
    This action must have consequences.

We should clearly spell out a severe military response and make it very clear to Russian leadership what that is, enough to make it a deterrent.

I would leave it to the military to figure out what would be most impactful. Depending on how bad the explosion was, I would be willing to support the use of nuclear weapons, yes. That would be proportional.

Looks like we agree, for once.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We should clearly spell out a severe military response and make it very clear to Russian leadership what that is, enough to make it a deterrent.

I would leave it to the military to figure out what would be most impactful. Depending on how bad the explosion was, I would be willing to support the use of nuclear weapons, yes. That would be proportional.

not necessary to use nukes yet

just flatly tell russia that nato is prepared to mobilize for full out war against russia the moment it is confirmed russia blew it up

then go all out and eliminate putin while russia gets destroyed

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ISW

They actually point out when they have been wrong:

Ukrainian intelligence reported that Russian forces and officials are gradually leaving the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) possibly in preparation for an intentional “accident” at the facility. TheUkrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) reported on June 30 that the Russian contingent at the ZNPP is gradually leaving the facility and that three employees of Russian state nuclear energy company Rosatom who managed the facility have recently left for Russian occupied Crimea.[20] The GUR reported that Ukrainian employees at the ZNPP who have signed contracts with Rosatom received instructions that they must evacuate the facility by July 5.[21] The GUR reported that Russian forces are decreasing patrols around the ZNPP itself and in neighboring Enerhodar and that workers at the ZNPP have also received instructions to blame Ukrainian forces in the event of an emergency.[22] ISW has not observed visual confirmation of Russian units leaving the ZNPP or the immediate area as of June 30. GUR Chief Kyrylo Budanov stated on June 30 that Russian forces have prepared for an artificial disaster at the facility.[23] Ukrainian officials in Mykolaiv, Kherson, Zaporizhia, and Dnipropetrovsk oblasts oversaw emergency preparation exercises for a possible “accident“ at the ZNPP on June 29.[24] Ukrainian Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko reported that Ukrainian officials lack the ability to monitor the ZNPP closely enough to become instantly aware of an “accident” at the ZNPP.[25] The president of Ukrainian nuclear energy operator Energoatom, Petro Kotin, stated that the closest radiation censors on the right (west) bank of the Kakhovka Reservoir would alert Ukrainian officials within a few hours of a potential release of radiation at the ZNPP.[26]
    Russian forces remain unlikely to cause an intentional “accident” at the ZNPP, and Russia is likely continuing to use the threat of an intentional radiological incident to attempt to constrain Ukrainian counteroffensive actions and Western support for Ukraine ahead of the upcoming NATO summit. ISW has previously assessed that Russian forces would not be able to control the consequences of an intentional radiological incident at the ZNPP and that a radiological incident could further degrade Russia’s ability to cement its occupation of southern Ukraine by leaving areas uninhabitable and ungovernable.[27] The likely Russian destruction of the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (KHPP) dam also adversely impacted Russian forces, however, and possible Russian plans to sabotage the ZNPP cannot be ruled out. Russian forces could conduct several possible radiological man-made incidents at the ZNPP, some more serious than others. Russian forces could discharge irradiated water from the ZNPP into the Kakhovka Reservoir to disrupt a potential Ukrainian crossing of the now largely drained reservoir. Russian forces could also attempt to create a radiological plume to cover a larger area of southern Ukraine, although the reactors are designed to make doing so difficult. The prevailing winds in Zaporizhia Oblast are most often from the north from June 9 to September 3, although forecasted wind directions in the area following the reported July 5 evacuation deadline include days of predominantly easterly winds.[28] A radiation plume from the ZNPP would most certainly affect the Russian forces in Zaporizhia and Kherson oblasts and possibly in Crimea and would likely impact the Russian forces to a greater degree than the Ukrainian forces given the usual direction of the wind in the area. Russian forces could conduct a man-made “accident” that creates a smaller radiological radius immediately focused on preventing Ukrainian advances near the ZNPP itself. None of these options provide more military benefit for Russian forces than the likely consequences they would create. Ukraine, for its part, would derive no benefits from causing a radiological incident at the ZNPP remotely consonant with the enormous price it would pay in irradiating lands and peoples it seeks to liberate and hindering its own ability to advance in the area, making Russian informational efforts to set conditions for blaming Ukraine for such an incident entirely implausible even if it could do so without physically occupying the plant.
    Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova stated on June 30 that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s previous statements that Russia was preparing an attack at the ZNPP could actually be an indication that Ukrainian officials are preparing an attack on the facility to pull NATO into the war in Ukraine.[29] Zakharova’s preposterous speculations are typical for the Kremlin’s information operations alleging threats to the safety of the ZNPP. The Kremlin has routinely employed threats of nuclear escalation and have warned of largely Russian created threats to the ZNPP in attempts to pressure Ukraine to constrain its military actions and to prevent further Western support for Ukraine.[30] The Kremlin is likely attempting to signal a feigned intent to create a radiological incident at the ZNPP in hopes of creating fears over a Ukrainian crossing of the Kakhovka reservoir in the area so that Russian forces will not have to defend a larger section of the front. The Kremlin’s nuclear blackmail rhetoric has also heavily targeted Western audiences, and the reemergence of escalatory signals and rhetoric around the ZNPP is likely meant in part to shape Western decision-making vis-a-vis Ukraine ahead of the NATO summit in Vilnius, Lithuania on July 11.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol we don't agree. I just wanted to see how far your mental illness has progressed. Seek help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol we don't agree. I just wanted to see how far your mental illness has progressed. Seek help.
    I didn't think you were serious, but rolled with it anyway. You tend to lean towards supporting evil in most things, and letting Russia get away with nuclear terrorism would be supporting evil. Just another , stupid take in a long line of , stupid takes, from an oxygen thief.

The use of nuclear terrorism should be a very clear red line, and the consequences should be proportional. If that involves nukes, if that is what we say we will do, then we should do it. I don't think that would be necessary though.

I am just glad you low IQ people are kept far away from foreign policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think you were serious, but rolled with it anyway. You tend to lean towards supporting evil in most things, and letting Russia get away with nuclear terrorism would be supporting evil. Just another , stupid take in a long line of , stupid takes, from an oxygen thief.

The use of nuclear terrorism should be a very clear red line, and the consequences should be proportional. If that involves nukes, if that is what we say we will do, then we should do it. I don't think that would be necessary though.

I am just glad you low IQ people are kept far away from foreign policy.
    We have said if they use tactical nukes we would destroy the entire Russian force in Ukraine conventionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snaked needs some self diagnosis.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Putin's apparent desire to reconstruct the good ole days USSR is a smoke screen for Putin's desire to bolster his own authority. With so many of his generals and advisors being summarily dismissed (or killed), you have to wonder who's pulling the strings other than Vlad himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin's apparent desire to reconstruct the good ole days USSR is a smoke screen for Putin's desire to bolster his own authority. With so many of his generals and advisors being summarily dismissed (or killed), you have to wonder who's pulling the strings other than Vlad himself.
    It's probably mostly all him. The problem with running a unipersonal dictatorship is that eventually the levels of paranoia are off the charts. Happened to almost every dictator in history, including Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Saddam, etc.

This is why these things become much more ruthless over time and inevitably end up failing hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukrainian intelligence now believes that Russian occupants at the Zaporizhzhia NPP have placed explosives on the roofs of reactors 3 and 4.

Site was disconnected from the main voltage line feeding the facility sometime overnight and is now running on an auxiliary input.

Thread Information