My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bo to Neb, Leslie to UM, the AD retiring.

Been nice to know you, LSU.

Ok, so not really.

Source: Michigan to make Miles announcement next week

Sources have told ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit that barring any unforeseen cir stances, Michigan will announce early next week it has reached an agreement with LSU coach Les Miles to be its next head football coach.

Herbstreit is also reporting that Miles will make Georgia Tech defensive coordinator and interim head coach Jon Tenuta part of his staff at Michigan.

Miles, who played at Michigan and served two stints as an assistant under the late Bo Schembechler, will succeed Lloyd Carr, who stepped down after the Wolverines' loss to Ohio State last month.

Miles has been head coach at LSU since 2005. LSU is 32-6 with Miles at the helm, including 22 wins in his first 26 games as coach, and won 11 games in 2005 and 2006. The No. 7 Tigers (10-2), whose two losses this season both came in triple overtime, will play Tennessee in the SEC Championship Game on Saturday.

Miles also coached at Oklahoma State, posting a 28-21 record between 2001 and 2004, and was tight ends coach for the Dallas Cowboys between 1998 and 2000.

Miles has a 60-27 overall record in seven seasons as a head coach.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    they will still be better than Michigan next year

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Last edited by Thunder Dan; 12-01-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Boy, did Herbstreit blow that one. WOW. That's a lot of egg on the face of the Worldwide Leader, and a crushing blow to the credibility of Mr. Big Ten Homer.

Herbie, next year, when you're wondering why you're doing the Northwestern-Iowa game at 10 AM on ESPN, rather than College GameDay and Saturday Night Football, this is why.

Sources close to Kirk Herbstreit are reporting that Al Gore has won the state of Florida.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Boy, did Herbstreit blow that one. WOW. That's a lot of egg on the face of the Worldwide Leader, and a crushing blow to the credibility of Mr. Big Ten Homer.

Herbie, next year, when you're wondering why you're doing the Northwestern-Iowa game at 10 AM on ESPN, rather than College GameDay and Saturday Night Football, this is why.
    I can't stand Herbstreit

Now ESPN's take is, "Miles made a mistake; he was supposed to go to Michigan."

Wow.

Can somebody from down South who is an SEC fan please go to Bristol and kill Mark Shapiro?

Wow.

Can somebody from down South who is an SEC fan please go to Bristol and kill Mark Shapiro?

Their arrogance has no bounds.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    I still vividly remember the OSU press conf where Leslie announced he was staying in Stillwater and not going to LSU.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Sources close to Kirk Herbstreit are reporting that Al Gore has won the state of Florida.
    BAHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahaah

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

Wow.

Sure.

But he is not first on my list brotha.

Herbstreit is standing by his story and claiming Miles is headed to Michigan.

Miles is claiming Ohio State alum Herbstreit is intentionally trying to distract LSU by reporting a fabricated story.

Thread Information