Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We looked like any time Timmy and Tony weren't on the floor.
    The absolute truth. Every time they were both on the bench it was pointed out by the announcers because we struggled.

TiagomustdominateFisher mrjap2x's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well depends on your definition of a point guard, it will be probably more accurate to replace the point guard with 6'4 and under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a clown. Did us being a point guard led team cause is to lose game 6 ad the le the way we did? Go jump off a cliff. I would say you already did, but I mean literally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot win a championship with a coach being outcoached by Erik Spolstra

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a clown. Did us being a point guard led team cause is to lose game 6 ad the le the way we did? Go jump off a cliff. I would say you already did, but I mean literally.
    Fact is, the spurs had to stop being a point guard led team (which they were all season long until the finals) to even compete with the Heat. Timmy was the leader in this series.

If Tony had been the leader (as he was all season), this would've been another near-sweep like WCF 2012. After all these years, there's still no solution to the infamous "Tony Parker vs. long, athletic defender" problem.

Teams these days don't win when they are led by a point guard. It's a simple fact. Isaiah Thomas was the last one to do it, 23 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Walt Frazier of NY Knicks in 1973.
    Don't forget Dennis Johnson of Sonics in 1979.

Isaiah, Magic... too.

In 1957, Bob Cousy was clearly the best player in the league.
    Yes, Bill Russell, the rookie, was great.
    But it was Bob Cousy's team. He was the league MVP, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no Parker hater but this happens to every elite PG in the playoffs. Someone puts a stopper with length on them and they are shut down. Sefolosha, Lebron, Green on CP3 and Curry, same different day. Hopefully the front office learns from this and makes the offense less Parker dependent next year. Leonard can be an all-star as soon as next year, lets get the new era started.
    Very good point. Leonard is without doubt the future of this team. He is such a well-rounded player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic anyone.
    Oscar Robertson anyone.

But Parker needs help. Given Kawhi more of a role on offense and sign a slashing SG like Mayo. Move Green to the bench where he belongs.
    Oscar Robertson, the best player of the 70s Bucks? LOL. Kareem's just face-palmed himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We DID essentially win a championship with a PG as our best player. We just choked the victory away like dogs.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you can.. Spurs will start the rebuilding process this offseason and get players around Kawhi and Parker.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can...provided you have a really competent BACKUP PG with size that can still be a triple threat and not have to have the sets change because Parker is out.

A guy like Shawn Livingston would help our team.

Spurs in... 2014 and EVEN YEAR LE...Why not them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a point guard who won't pass the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If might help if we had some guy with some ing balls that knew how to correctly set a pick for Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Spoelstra during a timeout:
    "Guys, here's what we're going to do. If you get the ball, pass it to Lebron"
    " And Lebron, win me that championship."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were 20-something seconds away from winning it with an injured Parker, so clearly it's possible. But I do agree that a great PG is not essential to winning it all. Just look at Stockton, Nash-- two of the best and purest PGs of their times, and no rings. Look at the best Bigs of recent times: Duncan and Shaq... they've got 8 rings between them. There's no single way to construct a winning team. Jordan's and Lebron's teams did it without great PGs or centers, but Walt Frazier, Chauncey Billups, Magic Johnson, and Isiah Thomas certainly didn't hurt, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Spoelstra during a timeout:
    "Guys, here's what we're going to do. If you get the ball, pass it to Lebron"
    " And Lebron, win me that championship."
    Yeah...And Pop lost to this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...And Pop lost to this guy
    You missed the gist of that message. Pop lost to LeBron. Keep laughing if you must.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DumbWade did it in 2006

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the gist of that message. Pop lost to LeBron. Keep laughing if you must.
    good one
    1- Pop played their game after game 3
    2- Benched the best defender/rebounder with 30 seconds left and a 5 points lead
    3- Pop choose to let Lebron wide open

If u don't think that Pop hurt his own team u are blind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not confident Leonard is going to be enough to keep this franchise viable for the next several years when Tim and Manu leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good one
    1- Pop played their game after game 3
    2- Benched the best defender/rebounder with 30 seconds left and a 5 points lead
    3- Pop choose to let Lebron wide open

If u don't think that Pop hurt his own team u are blind.
    I'm definitely not saying that Pop has clean hands here. I do think people are trying to heap all of the blame on him unfairly.

To your points though:

1) We saw what Splitter did/ did not do in this series. Don't pretend that having him out there for 10 more minutes/game would have helped our cause. He played about as poorly as Manu did.

2) They've done that for the past 5 years. That it failed in a big moment is unfortunate but they've been one f the best teams at defending the three in that situation for that stretch of time. That said, I don't agree with that strategy. I would have liked to have seen Timmy out there.

3) Playing LeBron to take jumpers is the correct thing to do. What's your answer to this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely not saying that Pop has clean hands here. I do think people are trying to heap all of the blame on him unfairly.

To your points though:

1) We saw what Splitter did/ did not do in this series. Don't pretend that having him out there for 10 more minutes/game would have helped our cause. He played about as poorly as Manu did.

2) They've done that for the past 5 years. That it failed in a big moment is unfortunate but they've been one f the best teams at defending the three in that situation for that stretch of time. That said, I don't agree with that strategy. I would have liked to have seen Timmy out there.

3) Playing LeBron to take jumpers is the correct thing to do. What's your answer to this?
    1- I will take Splitter 2-3 missed layups+defense over Neal zero defense and poor offense any day of the week.

3- Spurs didn't play Lebron to take jumpers(like they did in games 1/2/3/5), they gave him 2 full bodies lenght

Pop is the one to blame, there is no way to spin that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp is not our best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he played a part. 6-23 isn't a good outing by any stretch of the imagination.
    Agree

he made 2 clutch shots but he played awful

Thread Information