Page 107 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol your quoting me from like 8 weeks ago.

but thanks for the update, I haven't been paying attention since then. Is something going on in the world?
    heh, well-played.

I was going through the thread trying to find the first idiot saying "the flu kills more people than covid-19"

59 million people affected. 12K deaths.

What are we at, 150 some odd cases and 11 deaths?
    Ding. Here is that idiot. Color me shocked.

or depending on what CC was going for on Jan 31:

To put this in context, 80,000 people in the US died from the Flu in 2018 according to AP.
    60% contract virus, middle of WHO estimates, 310M*.6 = 180M

2% death rate 180,000,000 * .02 = 3,600,000

Forty-five times more deadly.

Since we are all about perspective.

My guess is that the rate will fall a bit as we get better data and widespread testing, due to a lot of "have it but no symptoms" people never getting tested. Even so, we are in for many many more deaths than Trump party idiots will want to admit.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-13-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Politically speaking, Democrats are kind of crushing it. Republicans are flip-flopping between mild concern and flippant denial.

Joe just made a rote speech yesterday that looked Churchillian compared to Trump's disastrous address.

Nancy just gave a "testing, testing, testing" sound bite that's going to stick.

Trump's gonna have to play catchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Politically speaking, Democrats are kind of crushing it. Republicans are flip-flopping between mild concern and flippant denial.

Joe just made a rote speech yesterday that looked Churchillian compared to Trump's disastrous address.

They're playing politics which like I said is good. Proves that it's not that serious.

So, knock yourselves out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watched a bit of er Carlson last night.

The spin is that Democrat's solution is "get rid of racism", to play into audience culture war paranoia and confirmation bias.

Which is easily countered.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're playing politics which like I said is good. Proves that it's not that serious.

So, knock yourselves out.
    It's serious. They are just not taking it seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're playing politics which like I said is good.
    Actually, Joe just gave a bland ass speech and Nancy simply said what is in her bill.

What have you been watching?

Fox News?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here is your ticket to the stupid mother er room. Please run along. Cosmored is starting to get on Nathan89's and Darrin's nerves. Maybe you can break the monotony.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's serious. They are just not taking it seriously.

Democrats: [serious policy responses]
    Republicans: [nothing to see here, blame democrats for not doing anything]
    Nathan89: [dur dee dur]

Sure man. You go with that.

Trump party response is to cut payroll taxes to starve Social Security and Medicare, totally cashing in on a wet dream, but which won't actually do anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Trump is blameless, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Trump-Friendly Christian Leaders Are Feeling Totally Fine About the Coronavirus

Countdown to the Apocalypse: Why ISIS and Ebola Are Only the Beginning, Robert Jeffress described a world on the brink of chaos.

Its le is “Is the Coronavirus a Judgment From God?” Jeffress strongly suggested to me that

the answer is no: “Many times illness is just a consequence of living in the fallen world.” SO scientific!

John Hagee
    warning that the 2014 Ebola outbreak was God’s punishment for President Barack Obama’s Israel policy.

“The Lord showed me the end of the Coronavirus,” Shawn Bolz, a prominent self-declared prophet in Los Angeles,
    announced last week. “The tide is turning now!”

the United States would be minimally affected because “Trump honors Israel.”

several participants at a Florida gathering received messages from God that suggested he would “mitigate” the outbreak.

many charismatic leaders who participated in a
    global conference call” of prayers to stop the coronavirus

God will spare the United States the worst of the virus’s impact because of the

Trump administration’s policies on Israel and abortion, among other policies.

. “But where the administration is saying, ‘We’ve got it under control, there’s nothing to be afraid of,’ they’ll fall in line with that.”

Even, it seems, when a global pandemic is involved.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/03/why-trump-friendly-christian-leaders-are-feeling-totally-fine-about-the-coronavirus.html

The con is that no matter how bad it gets, these grifting, lying, snake-oil sellers will use a sliding scale to say

"it could have been much worse. God intervened to save USA"

If you're critically sick or dead, it's your own goddamned fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incoming deflection in 3....2....1....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Trump-Friendly Christian Leaders Are Feeling Totally Fine About the Coronavirus

Countdown to the Apocalypse: Why ISIS and Ebola Are Only the Beginning, Robert Jeffress described a world on the brink of chaos.

Its le is “Is the Coronavirus a Judgment From God?” Jeffress strongly suggested to me that

the answer is no: “Many times illness is just a consequence of living in the fallen world.” SO scientific!

John Hagee
    warning that the 2014 Ebola outbreak was God’s punishment for President Barack Obama’s Israel policy.

“The Lord showed me the end of the Coronavirus,” Shawn Bolz, a prominent self-declared prophet in Los Angeles,
    announced last week. “The tide is turning now!”

the United States would be minimally affected because “Trump honors Israel.”

several participants at a Florida gathering received messages from God that suggested he would “mitigate” the outbreak.

many charismatic leaders who participated in a
    global conference call” of prayers to stop the coronavirus

God will spare the United States the worst of the virus’s impact because of the

Trump administration’s policies on Israel and abortion, among other policies.

. “But where the administration is saying, ‘We’ve got it under control, there’s nothing to be afraid of,’ they’ll fall in line with that.”

Even, it seems, when a global pandemic is involved.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/03/why-trump-friendly-christian-leaders-are-feeling-totally-fine-about-the-coronavirus.html

The con is that no matter how bad it gets, these grifting, lying, snake-oil sellers will use a sliding scale to say

"it could have been much worse. God intervened to save USA"

If you're critically sick or dead, it's your own goddamned fault.

Eyup. Funny that a virus that ends up disproportionately affecting the aging, will impact evangelical congregations and faith healers flocks.

‘Faith-healing’ megachurch cancels hospital sessions over coronavirus fears[clicky-click for linked article-RG]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blamless like the swamp monsters, Repug hacks, Trash sycophants, corporate lobbyists who silenced, purged FDA and CDC (the entire Exec branch) of career professionals, hated experts.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh what a shock, Nathan89 runs and hides

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't realize Biden didn't want to prevent travel from the virus epicenter. The tweet also shows he was against the China ban. #votebluenomatterwho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't realize Biden didn't want to prevent travel from the virus epicenter. The tweet also shows he was against the China ban. #votebluenomatterwho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UT Austin just shut down. The wife of the university president tested positive.

Are we going to have to live our lives in bunkers?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he would push precautions to be taken more. I also wish he didn't compare this virus to the flu.

Shutting down travel from China and now Europe were good moves though. Apparently leading Dem, Biden, disagrees though.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump President not Biden. His response has been pathetic and self serving and you're too much of a shill to admit it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So if the most powerful, influential person in the country told people to live their lives normally, it means nothing?
    Nathan89 still waiting

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutting down travel from China and now Europe* were good moves though.
    *Except the UK, because.... Boris Johnson? Who the knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he would push precautions to be taken more. I also wish he didn't compare this virus to the flu.

Shutting down travel from China and now Europe were good moves though. Apparently leading Dem, Biden, disagrees though.
    People are still coming in from Europe.

Sorry.

Thread Information